Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

10 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Batman looks good, although I was hoping for the Hush Batsuit he is currently wearing in the comics. I’m not really worried about it though, since he’s been wearing it since late-July last year, and it typically takes Lego 18 months to design a set, so hopefully if they do a January wave for DC Superheroes this year thats the Batman that we’ll get. Sorry to go so in-depth, I just really like the Hush Batsuit.

You and me both. I'm so ready for a proper rerelease of the Hush Batsuit. That's my favorite Bat-symbol he's ever worn.

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yep, black mask, visible eyes and the "beloved" sideburns

I appreciate your facetious praise. I don't know why they ever decided to take that route, and yet here we are, years separate from the look in Zero Year, and we still have it.

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Oh well, we still have 2 great riddler faces from the past 7 Years

His first face since DC Super Heroes launched is still my personal favorite. I stuck the spare from his "fortune teller" machine on his Dragster minifigure, and when we got TLBM, I ordered a third (and another green bowler like he wore the second time).

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just a thought... Seeing as there is also a Juniors set with the Riddler being released, could be a second version. It does seem unlikely to have two different versions of a villain in the same wave

Not entirely unheard of, I guess. Juniors does tend to get different heads, at least; Robin got a smiling version with Damian's green mask the first time, and then an entire unique look on the second Robin. Mr. Freeze's head was quite different (and better) in juniors, although I admit that one did have a bigger time gap from normal release. Then Joker's alt-face was a scowl instead of a smirk.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't see what's supposed to be so bad or even "disgusting" about that head... Did sideburns kill you guys' hamsters or something? :head_back:

(Batman voice): Sideburns killed my family.

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

C’mon guys, the riddler head isn’t that bad.

I agree that it isn't the worst thing in the world. I especially appreciate the visible eyes. I think the problem is more with the source material than the adaptation here; I consider this, at worst, a completely serviceable design.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

He looks like the Hamburglar lol

Don't laugh, I may actually do that, now that you mention it...

So according to the usual leak sources, the torso that belonged with the new Catwoman head is going to be this one, and use the helmet mold from The Lego Batman Movie Catwoman:

Catwoman-298x300.jpg

I think it's safe to say that we're probably getting the best comic Catwoman minifigure to date in this upcoming wave.

18 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

So according to the usual leak sources, the torso that belonged with the new Catwoman head is going to be this one, and use the helmet mold from The Lego Batman Movie Catwoman:

I think it's safe to say that we're probably getting the best comic Catwoman minifigure to date in this upcoming wave.

I think that is a safe bet indeed :) Very happy with this news! Bit by bit this is starting to sound like one of the best Batman wave of sets we've gotten to date... all we need now is a Two-Face based on his Rebirth look.

5 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I think that is a safe bet indeed :) Very happy with this news! Bit by bit this is starting to sound like one of the best Batman wave of sets we've gotten to date... all we need now is a Two-Face based on his Rebirth look.

Oo I dunno. I much prefer the half and half look for two face. I hope they give him his white and black suit from 2006/animated series. Or maybe go half burned style like Arkham/Dark Knight

6 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

*snip*

I do wonder if they kept future Catwoman figs in mind when they made the TLBM cowl, as it has the goggles moulded on already. I am coming round to this wave, I must say.

Speak of the devil, now the actual minifigure has leaked and she looks amazing. It's exactly like the DC Super Villains version minus the helmet (which still looks great, using TLBM Catwoman cowl in black with silver around the eyes). I'm definitely picking up whichever set she comes in.

I’m glad they silvered her goggles, it really completes the look. Agreed that it’s the best yet.

Also out there is the new Shazam now with a white hood and showing his alternate face (can’t remember if that got leaked at the same time as the main fig). 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Best Catwoman yet! :wub:

I'm hoping to see a slightly better picture soon, as I'd like to reserve my final judgement for when we get a less-angled shot that shows her red-lensed prints together with the cowl more clearly. Besides that, the figure looks to strike a clean, simplistic balance. :thumbup:

Any further news on Shazam yet? really looking forward to adding him to my collection, but chances are it will have to be imported. We miss out on at least one rarer set a year in NZ, so hoping I can get it from Aus.

I'm interested to see what the Sivana head looks like (if we get him). I'm hoping it'll be useful for a Cable head.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Harley Quinn leaked. Face and hair look good, but I don't like the fact that she's wearing Arkham suit.

The Arkham suit is not what she's going to wear in the set, the leaker just put the new head/hair on an Arkham body :)

On the head/hair itself I must say I am very impressed cannot wait to see the entire figure in its full glory!

Edit; Turns out I might have reacted a bit too quickly... the arkham suit she is wearing is actually different so it could very well be from the new set, I swear I read somewhere that the new Harley would have dual molded boots... maybe I'm just going crazy :P

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Harley Quinn leaked. Face and hair look good, but I don't like the fact that she's wearing Arkham suit.

Agreed on the face, it’s a change from the usual half smile, stern look or smirk. And the hair is different enough. Is another Arkham coming I wonder, or a prison wagon escape type scenario? I really don’t want another Harley exclusively in a large set.

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

The Arkham suit is not what she's going to wear in the set, the leaker just put the new head/hair on an Arkham body :)

Is it a custom? It doesn’t match the two previous jumpsuits.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Is it a custom? It doesn’t match the two previous jumpsuits.

You are actually right... I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the new Harley would have dual molded boots, I believe the leaker even described her as an amazing figure but not as good as the suicide squad figure we got in TLM2 wave... there is an Arkham breakout set coming though I believe so the body could be from that set.

You are actually right... I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the new Harley would have dual molded boots, I believe the leaker even described her as an amazing figure but not as good as the suicide squad figure we got in TLM2 wave... there is an Arkham breakout set coming though I believe so the body could be from that set.

Come to think of it I remember that. Someone else gets the jumpsuit? :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Come to think of it I remember that. Someone else gets the jumpsuit? :shrug_oh_well:

There is a set called Joker's escape I believe, could be he gets the jumpsuit... the suit doesn't have female proportions either looking at it. Its a very nice print though.

There is a set called Joker's escape I believe, could be he gets the jumpsuit... the suit doesn't have female proportions either looking at it. Its a very nice print though.

Either way we get another new head print, recoloured hair piece and a new torso print. DC must have a cheaper rate than Marvel...

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ugh, another cinematic Harley design to pander the Suicide Squad crowd. :ugh: Seems like variant only exists to respond to any possible complaints about the Apocalypseburg figure's hairpiece coloring not being as accurate to the source material. :thumbdown: :sadnew:

I like that new Harley but I’m very intrigued as to why she has an Arkham jumpsuit. Til now I hadn’t heard anything about an Arkham themed set.