Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Are those new pieces in the Freeze set along with a remoulded stud shooter? My apologies if they have appeared elsewhere. Not sure how I feel about Clayface. Mmm. Otherwise I really like the sets, even the 4+ ones. Finally Shazam is here! At long last.

Something really interesting I noticed, the Riddler copter in the set is the same build as the Joker copter in DC super villains. I wonder if the set was originally going to come withe the

joker instead...

Also, these new parts are super interesting, especially some of the ones in the bat cave. All sorts of saws, bar connectors, but they are only in that set. Weird.

Here are my condensed thoughts

Batmobile- Great model, lacking on figs. If anything it's based on the USC 2006 set

Riddler- Lovely builds- even if the Copter is stolen from the 66 set 

Freeze- Eh. He needs new arms and armour, but the bat cycles are quite nice, though I'll need to see them detached

Batcave- Clayface is meh, Harvey needs new hair but I like the mini trophy room, and the fact the Batwing from the Riddler set can dock on top- I love combining sets. The return of the 2012 lift is a nice touch also

Oh, and the Juniors Arkham set is surprisingly nice- new inmate outfits are kinda nice, I like the sand green, Penguin's hat and the Stryker guard from DC Supervillains

I’m actually quite positively surprised by this wave. It is certainly better than previous waves. I really like the new Robin and Batmam minifigures. The Batmobile, while not amazing, is certainly one of the best we’ve had and I am really considering purchasing the set. I might also get the Mr. Freeze set, mostly for Robin. The Batcave is okay at best. Not terrible. The other sets are eh. I like the GCPD squad car. Overall, I am pleased by this wave.

26 minutes ago, HyperLarry said:

The batmobile looks a bit clunky but the batwing's just awful.

Really? To be honest, this Batwing's much better than last year's. :shrug_confused:

Plus, Gordon's squad car is pretty sweet for both DC and City fans alike! :thumbup: :classic:

23 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

The Batmobile set is a little barren considering there's no other vehicle for Joker (Does he really expect to outrun the Batmobile on foot?), but the design is pretty cool. It looks more like a scaled down UCS Batmobile from 2006 instead of a 100% 1989 Batmobile though, the original 2006 Batmobile was way more accurate than this one. Bit of a missed opportunity to not have exclusive minifigures of a Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker.

I kinda feel that the D2C will end-up being the Burton-Mobile, hence potentially including those two as the set's exclusive figures.

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I kinda feel that the D2C will end-up being the Burton-Mobile, hence potentially including those two as the set's exclusive figures.

That's what I was thinking right after I posted this lol. They did the same thing with the UCS Tumbler, so it shouldn't be any different if it does end up being the Burtonmobile.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I love the Batcave, but that Clayface is garbage. I like how Two-Face uses red for his suit; not entitely accurate (depending on the colorist), but it looks good. Shame it really only has two exclusive figures, between repeats and Bruce’s recycled parts.

The Batmobile is decent. I still prefer the earliest we got in the theme, but it’s a nice build. Joker’s great, but I feel like this set needs one more figure.

Riddler’s Heist is okay. I’m not a big fan of the rounded Batwing (it looks a little chonky), and Riddler’s heli is just generic looking. Gordon’s squad car is a nice touch though. This one is really more going to be about the figs.

6 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

They did the same thing with the UCS Tumbler, so it shouldn't be any different if it does end up being the Burtonmobile.

Plus, as mentioned here before, it's not only Batman's 80th anniversary this year, but the 30th anniversary of his cinematic debut with that film! :classic:

I think the problen with the Batmobile is that it's the front is a bit too long.

The combining Bat-bike looks cool, sort of like a mini-Tumbler.

The Riddler Batwing set has a lot of little things going on - it almost feels thrown together. The batwing is nice and while I like that Shazam fig he feels like a very random inclusion

39 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

So, leg printing with marvel or DC superheroes sets is basically a thing of the past?

That's funny - 5 sets, 21 minifigures, 15 different minifigures, 1 leg printing. Wow.

I still don't get why Lego decided to regulate Shazam to being shoved into a Batman set instead of his own DCEU tie-in set. I know Batman sells, but Shazam IS about to get his own movie, which is currently getting critical acclaim as well. They could've easily swapped in another character that would fit much better in the set, like a Rebirth Nightwing or Batgirl design. Last time we got standard comic minifigures of them (not counting the blue Nightwing polybag from 2016) was 5 years ago, and they've been through some pretty big changes since then.

What is the thing on the right side of the batcave, right next to the computer? As in right across from the bench press 

I’m not sure about these. Each build seems to be both great and bad. The bat mobile is great but too big and long, the batwing is a great version of the ‘89 one, but I’m not a fan of that batwing so oh well. The bat cave is really nice, although elements seem a bit <insert that tiresome argument>; the darker version of the 2012 lift is a really nice touch

the riddler copter just being the 66 one in green is terrible. 

Edited by Whovastron

Question is, what is the best hair to use for Shazam? Looks like he just has a white hood in the set, which I don’t like. Thoughts? 

29 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Question is, what is the best hair to use for Shazam? Looks like he just has a white hood in the set, which I don’t like. Thoughts? 

I was planning on using the slicked back Bruce Wayne hair personally, cuz that’s the same one the SDCC Shazam used

55 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

I was gonna use the Bruce hair from the TLBM, but since @KingSpoozle mentioned the normal Bruce hair, I'm torn.

Edited by BrickBuilder1

59 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

What is the thing on the right side of the batcave, right next to the computer? As in right across from the bench press 

I think it’s meant to be the elevator that has the Bruce Wayne/Batman transformation feature like the 2012 Batcave. 

1 hour ago, KingSpoozle said:

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I think it’s meant to be the elevator that has the Bruce Wayne/Batman transformation feature like the 2012 Batcave. 

Yes, it is the transformation elevator, complete with the red phone, a direct reference to the 1966 Batman TV series.

I really like these, they remind me a lot of the original Lego batman sets back in 2006. Might grab some for nostalgia sake, which is not something I was expecting to say with a new 2019 run of sets.

4 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Looking at the new sets, I think they're a bit of a mixed bag.

This definitely sums it up for me. They're all very interesting, but with some very weird aspects.
The Batcave has a nice selection of 'trophies' Batman collects, only smaller (the dinosaur and giant coin for example), but the rest of the build doesn't really interest me (of course, we haven't seen everything yet). I'm not sure about Clayface, he looks odd but also it fits him, somehow. I do prefer the version from TLBM.

Batman & Robin vs. Mr. Freeze is quite a disappointment. Mr. Freeze is really weird. Is that a new Rebirth design or something? Interesting use of the Mysterio helmet though, has a nice effect on the head :grin:

The Batmobile looks really great, indeed a minifig scale version of that '06 UCS and a nice reference to Tim Burton's Batman movie if you ask me.

The Batwing set is the nicest, I think as it has the most interesting figures, namely Detective Gordon and Shazam. Love that police car as well. The Batwing itself and the helicopter and are meh, though.

Wonder that the D2C will be!

Regards,
Mitch

What are all those greyish silverish greebles in the batcave? Are they pieces from the speeding cars (i forgot the name) line?