Sign in to follow this  

When I saw first pictures of set 42074 (racing yacht) I knew I have to take it and rebuild it into something else. So let me introduce you my latest alternative model - freight helicopter. It spins both rotors when you are turning gear on its bottom. Since set contains just 2 bevel gears I had to build another couple of them from bricks and connectors - I have already used this assembly for my dragster built out of set 42036.

1521435385m_DISPLAY.jpg

15214353863_DISPLAY.jpg

15214353864_DISPLAY.jpg

...and little excursion into its innards:

15214363501_DISPLAY.jpg

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Wow, very ingenious! I love those makeshift gears you used to drive the tail rotor. How well does it work? 

They work quite well although not as smooth as ordinary bevel gears. They require more force and need good stabilization otherwise they can stuck. They also make noise.

Nice solution to the lack of bevel gears. My only criticism is that the tail could be a little longer to make it look slightly more proportional, although I don't know if there are enough parts in this set to do that. 

Thank you all for your comments.

6 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Nice solution to the lack of bevel gears. My only criticism is that the tail could be a little longer to make it look slightly more proportional, although I don't know if there are enough parts in this set to do that. 

The main issues of this set are lack of axle joiners and axles without stop. So I was not able to make tail longer and it got slightly cartoon look.