Sign in to follow this  
randomboy

'Milky' window

Hi everyone, 

I am currently working on the Downtown Diner and received a window screen that is not clear: 

40843473971_2dd136ab25_z.jpgLEGO milky window by randomboy, on Flickr

Has anyone else gotten one of these? Curious if this is common as it has never happened to me before. 

Thanks, 

randomboy

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

I've never seen this before but its a cool defect. Would work very well in MOCs. 

Agreed 

Boy that is random, I've not seen one like that, even though they are rarely totally without some sort of anomaly. 

Lego can send you a replacement, if this is a mismould then it might be worth something, i suspect that there was some white ABS left on the nozzle leading to the milky effect when it mixed with the clear plastic.

Edited by Agent Kallus

33 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Lego can send you a replacement, if this is a mismould then it might be worth something, i suspect that there was some white plastic left on the nozzle leading to the milky effect when it mixed with the clear ABS.

Transparent parts are made from acrylic, but still I indeed think that that was the reason for this to happen indeed.

1 minute ago, JopieK said:

Transparent parts are made from acrylic, but still I indeed think that that was the reason for this to happen indeed.

Ah yes sorry.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:52 PM, JopieK said:

Actually, transparent Lego parts are made from Polycarbonate, which looks similar to acrylic but is more resistant to heat and breakage.

Shame you receive just one like that, it would be great to use them in a winter theme house. :laugh:

You can get old 7026 (Bricklink number) 2x2 windows in their frames by the thousands in very used condition... for only 3 cents each.  They were made from 1956-2003 and there are over 20 thousand available in red alone in used condition at various prices.

Edited by LEGO Historian