Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl - Era 2 - Ch1 - Cat A] The Colonist Inn, Jameston

Challenge I Cat A : The Colonist Inn, Jameston

Extract of the personal log of the Eslandolan explorer Don Fernando de la Izquierda :

"When we arrived in Jameston after a terrible trip by boat where we nearly sunk by three times, the main reason we arrived so late in town by the way... Well, When we arrived in Jameston, we took our quarters in the fancy inn called the Colonist Inn. It is a very nice building with all the best Corlanders commodities and not frequented by smugglers and pirates of all kinds...

The success of such a fancy arrival was due to our donator, el Senor de la Verdad. This Gentlemean scientist made his classes in a Corlander academy during some years and knew who to contact to prepare comfortably our arrival. I wished he had known also some good navigators, our trip would have been better...

Anyway, We settled in this fancy Inn with our team composed of el Senor Diego de la Verdad, our scientist in chief,

of Bernardo, his always grumpy servitor,

of Sancho Panacea, my own first man, a veteran of the Mardieran war, very talented with a sword,

and of course, Myself, Don Fernando de la Izquierda, Gentleman explorer."

40004944731_8d88729583_c.jpg

25134523307_98a0e687af_c.jpg

39295389964_3d57c3a79d_c.jpg

"Our arrival was marked by sailors songs and some drunken singing men... Strange fact for an Inn of this standing...

25134498757_65f6d049b9_c.jpg

26132506048_7919cfd75f_z.jpg

We had to gather around little tables in front of the bar... once again, not what I was expecting of such establishment...

28225957729_ed566e8bd7_c.jpg

And finally, Bernardo had to grumble against the owner to find a fourth chair available...

28225967309_4f3daa1633_c.jpg

We learnt by the owner that Jameston was invaded by too much adventurers and scientists in seach of the marvelous orchid, so he would not be able to give us all the attention he usually gives to gentlemen of our rank... Our delay made us begin on a bad starting point !

Well, at least, he had food and rooms for us to prepare our expedition."

The Team :

Don Fernando de la Izquierda : Noble man of Eslandola, faithful to the crown and Explorer in chief :

26132472408_97eb776d1b_z.jpg

El senor Diego de la Verdad : Man of science, formed in Eslandola and Corrington academies, he is interested in all kind of mysteries the Nature offers :

26132480348_df32424c12_z.jpg

Bernardo : The grumpy servitor of Diego de la Verdad. Fernando secretly wishes him to be tongueless, just to stop hearing his constant recriminations :

28225942689_6555deb3f7_z.jpg

Sancho Panacea : The first man of Fernando de la Izquierda. He is really skilled with a sword and his strenghth compensates his lack of judging :

39107064155_6f41b8b1af_z.jpg

This is my entry for Cat A. I hope you'll like it !

And thank you Gamemasters for extending the deadline and for the good work !

Edited by Faladrin

Great inn Faladrin, I'm glad you were able to make the deadline as this is definitely a great entry! It's so bright and the red looks great broken up with the white beams. The interior is just packed full of great details as well, it's so busy and lively - just like you'd expect in a good inn! Overall a fantastic entry and yet another great addition to Jameston!

Are you playing the EGS these days? If so what will you license it as? If not would you consider donating it to the city? Either way I'd be happy to do the paperwork for you if you want.

18 hours ago, Faladrin said:

This is my entry for Cat A. I hope you'll like it !

A dutch style, as it fits for Eslandola... seems a little "too much" for Jameston !

Excellent the sea rats dancing everywhere !

Bien pensé les volutes et les sculptures en façade... Un rien trop classieux pour Jameston, c'est un établissement digne d'une grande ville pas d'un comptoir poussiereux au bout du monde. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great inn Faladrin, I'm glad you were able to make the deadline as this is definitely a great entry! It's so bright and the red looks great broken up with the white beams. The interior is just packed full of great details as well, it's so busy and lively - just like you'd expect in a good inn! Overall a fantastic entry and yet another great addition to Jameston!

Are you playing the EGS these days? If so what will you license it as? If not would you consider donating it to the city? Either way I'd be happy to do the paperwork for you if you want.

Thank you sir !

Yes, I forgot to add that I will licence it as a medium Artisan (it's a 32x32 and taverns / inns are considered artisan builds). I will do this paperwork right now... Should I add a link to the Jameston Settlement thread too ?

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A dutch style, as it fits for Eslandola... seems a little "too much" for Jameston !

Excellent the sea rats dancing everywhere !

Bien pensé les volutes et les sculptures en façade... Un rien trop classieux pour Jameston, c'est un établissement digne d'une grande ville pas d'un comptoir poussiereux au bout du monde. :laugh:

Than you !

I don't think it's really "too much" for Jameston... See the entries from Bregir or Gideon ! They are much bigger and classier than this Inn !

And yes ! A good Sea Rat is a dancing and singing and drinking man ! Well, I see them like that... :laugh:

Great inn Faladrin, I really like the eye catching colors and the statue too! :thumbup: 

14 hours ago, Faladrin said:

I will do this paperwork right now... Should I add a link to the Jameston Settlement thread too ?

Thanks, although it doesn't seem to have gone through - (EDIT: It's on February's sheet!) a link would be great too, but not essential!

Edited by Ayrlego

An exquisite build. The inn looks great with its white and red wall,  the interior scene is really good and bravo for the minifigs posing.

I really like the LEGO scale of this how you made a relatively small build look so much bigger! Very eye catching colors and great job with the decor, especially the statue! Nice arrangement of minifigs as well! :thumbup:

Impressive inn! It's also, appropriate for the location, very, er, how do I say this, ... RED! :pir-grin: But seriously, it has a very stately feel, and I'm sure the Corrish residents of the island are happy to have it in Jameston. And the build has your usual flair for activity, with the interior, and minifig posing, and smoke from the chimney, etc. :thumbup:

Great to see the classic colors doing there job here! :grin:  A very vibrant and active scene - nice work, Faladrin!