Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

5 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Hello, good to see you again, how have you been? Any troubles with Triffids lately? 

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"No Triffids, but I've been so worried, ever since the oracle went missing and the news in the paper about all the houses, and there's even rumors of the old Veterans returning!"

Hoke's tankard arrives.  He sniffs it and takes a sip warily.

"Well, if I'm drinking this stuff, I might as well try it."

Hoke consumes his Pickled Mushroom.

36 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"No Triffids, but I've been so worried, ever since the oracle went missing and the news in the paper about all the houses, and there's even rumors of the old Veterans returning!"

Not rumors, I'm afraid. Harsh reality. Got kicked out of the Hall by someone claiming to be a Veteran. 

46 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke's tankard arrives.  He sniffs it and takes a sip warily.

"Well, if I'm drinking this stuff, I might as well try it."

Hoke consumes his Pickled Mushroom.

The sour and savory taste of the morsel is quite delicious and by the end, Hoke feels more Inspired.

10 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Not rumors, I'm afraid. Harsh reality. Got kicked out of the Hall by someone claiming to be a Veteran. 

"But I thought they were like all dead?"

Kiray peers in her mug, finding a fly. She moves to dump the contents on the ground, but a small animal catches her eye. She instead puts the mug on the ground to allow the animal to drink. She then chimes into the conversation about Veterans with, "Maybe they came back to life. Maybe they weren't dead. There's been lots of weird things that occur in this world. Necromancy wouldn't surprise me."

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ manages to hear some snippets of conversation.

15594715902_38d13b721a_t.jpg
"...I hears, they killed him. Killed him dead right in front of House Shadeaux..."

15593877645_ee984f8983_t.jpg
"No. But he was so powerful..."

15432199980_b5a4515710_t.jpg
"It's all good here, darling. We've got your standards, pretty much anything you could find in the marketplace. Plus if you're really interested, I might be able to give some recommendations for some Double Rainbows or Pixie Dust."

Germ tries to hear more of this conversation. 

Double Rainbows, Pixie Dust? What are they spouse to do? He said to the bartender. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The sour and savory taste of the morsel is quite delicious and by the end, Hoke feels more Inspired.

"Hmm...not bad.  Not bad at all.  Wish I had a couple more."

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Kiray peers in her mug, finding a fly. She moves to dump the contents on the ground, but a small animal catches her eye. She instead puts the mug on the ground to allow the animal to drink. She then chimes into the conversation about Veterans with, "Maybe they came back to life. Maybe they weren't dead. There's been lots of weird things that occur in this world. Necromancy wouldn't surprise me."

QM Note: Not sure if the animal you're referring to is the Dauntlet.

24611785877_75bd0f6cee_t.jpg
"Hey careful there, I like to osmote not drown. I've seen undead in my day and they sure don't look like zombies."

5 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ tries to hear more of this conversation. 

The pair note the prying eyes and ears.

"Ey, you lookin' at somethin'?"

8 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Double Rainbows, Pixie Dust? What are they spouse to do? He said to the bartender. 

"Oh they make everything enjoyable, consider them sensory enhancers."

1 minute ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The pair note the prying eyes and ears.

"Ey, you lookin' at somethin'?"

"Oh they make everything enjoyable, consider them sensory enhancers."

For some reason it sounds like it would just give me a headache. Germ ended up telling the bartender. 

As his attention turned to the "mushroom head" man. Not really, I just inadvertently heard you talking about the murder at the Shadeaux. Did they found out who done it yet? 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

For some reason it sounds like it would just give me a headache. Germ ended up telling the bartender. 

As his attention turned to the "mushroom head" man. Not really, I just inadvertently heard you talking about the murder at the Shadeaux. Did they found out who done it yet? 

"Nay no murder, they say he was obstructin' justice of sorts. Some lady with a dragon showed up and there was a big fight, scorched up nearly half a city block they did."

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"But I thought they were like all dead?"

I know just as much as you, which is not that much... This one seemed pretty lively if you ask me. 

Just now, Alfadas said:

I know just as much as you, which is not that much... This one seemed pretty lively if you ask me. 

"So what are you going to do? I mean the oracle has been missing for over a week now."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: Not sure if the animal you're referring to is the Dauntlet.

"Hey careful there, I like to osmote not drown. I've seen undead in my day and they sure don't look like zombies."

"So then you think it's actually them, well not dead?" Kiray asks. "If so, where have they been? Why come back now? We had problems, sure, but we had been getting on just fine, even with the meddling of the houses."

Just now, KotZ said:

"So then you think it's actually them, well not dead?" Kiray asks. "If so, where have they been? Why come back now? We had problems, sure, but we had been getting on just fine, even with the meddling of the houses."

"They don't stink like the undead, that's for sure. Based upon my research of Heroica's founding members, I'd say they match up pretty closely. As for their absence, we've got members of our own organization who were locked away from time at some point or another. Whatever they mean to do, they're sure shaking things up a bit."

On 1/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Petaldan, Torald! I can't believe you're here!"

"Oh, my! I don't think I've ever just bumped into friendly faces on the roads of Eubric before and today I just bump into Torald first and now you.

How do you do?" I question politely, remembering my manners.

Unsure whether I want to follow Torald and Skuld (forgive me, I'm pretty sure this was the spelling) into the questionable bar, I nevertheless feel the conversation forcing me to do so. I gingerly follow Torald, handing my equipment to the ogre obediently.

5 hours ago, Alfadas said:

"The veterans kicked you out? But you haven't done anything wrong, have you? I mean, you always drank a lot, but...maybe I should go back and apologize for you and they will accept you again?"

Monk Pretzel arrives at the scene and looks on disdainfully.

What I would give to be back in the Hall with the veterans instead of among this crowd!

I turn and look for the most respectable-looking human/elf who may be passing by the bar.

35 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"They don't stink like the undead, that's for sure. Based upon my research of Heroica's founding members, I'd say they match up pretty closely. As for their absence, we've got members of our own organization who were locked away from time at some point or another. Whatever they mean to do, they're sure shaking things up a bit."

"And if it's for the better, who knows," Kiray mutters.

12 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

I turn and look for the most respectable-looking human/elf who may be passing by the bar.

Kiray notices Monk Pretzel and quickly flashes her Wolfgang seal at him.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Nay no murder, they say he was obstructin' justice of sorts. Some lady with a dragon showed up and there was a big fight, scorched up nearly half a city block they did."

Sounds like the lady at Heroica Hall that kicked everyone out of the place...This "dragon lady" wasn't wearing red by any chance? I want to make sure it is the same person and not two different people. 

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The hair on Hoke's neck stood on end at the mention of a dragon in the city.  He eased into a calm quickly, mostly from....regret? He knew it was best for Torc to go back to the dragons with Vipera, but what he wouldn't give to see her, to see them, one more time.

Boomingham, a former King and almost King again... finds himself in a ramshackle hole without any weapons. His eyes are first drawn to his old companions, or what is left of them, but then they drift over to the pirate... wearing new cloths, but the same man surely... Natnail...

Boomingham glowers and wishes he had his swords on him, but goes instead to the bar for a drink. He turns to the mushroom-headed man. "Any other news round these parts? Just the Shadeaux that were picked up, or others as well? What about Umbra? Hear what happened to her?"

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh, my! I don't think I've ever just bumped into friendly faces on the roads of Eubric before and today I just bump into Torald first and now you.

"Mmm ok. I still don't understand why did you all just leave, why not fight?"

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Monk Pretzel arrives at the scene and looks on disdainfully.

What I would give to be back in the Hall with the veterans instead of among this crowd!

The closest Pretzel manages to find is the dark skinned sun elf, standing by the sell-sword Natnail.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Sounds like the lady at Heroica Hall that kicked everyone out of the place...This "dragon lady" wasn't wearing red by any chance? I want to make sure it is the same person and not two different people. 

"I wasn't there so I don't have any clue. She's apparently new in town and workin' with the Town Watch."

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham, a former King and almost King again... finds himself in a ramshackle hole without any weapons. His eyes are first drawn to his old companions, or what is left of them, but then they drift over to the pirate... wearing new cloths, but the same man surely... Natnail...

Boomingham glowers and wishes he had his swords on him, but goes instead to the bar for a drink. He turns to the mushroom-headed man. "Any other news round these parts? Just the Shadeaux that were picked up, or others as well? What about Umbra? Hear what happened to her?"

"Only the Count I hear. Hinckwells movin' out of town, bought up by some competitor. Most folks are boycotting the Guild of Invision, due to their scandal, we'll see if they survive another week. Bonapartes are all holed up on the sea since they got kicked out of the Fort. And no ones seen head nor hide of a Ziegfried ever since that article got published a few weeks back."

15594715902_38d13b721a_t.jpg
"I heard Umbra and clan are staying at the Dragon House, or what's left of it since the fight."

Karie makes her way to the entrance of the Lady Luck's Locale, noticing the large bouncer. She takes off most of her weapons (including weapons she took out from her private locker back home, weapons she hadn't wielded in years) and handed them to the bouncer: all except for her Fine-tuned Guitar. She strums for the bouncer.

"You need some entertainment? I can provide it for your establishment!" Karie grinned, putting on her best showman-like facade.

Edited by Kintobor

Dyric saunters into the Locale, taking in the surroundings. He had stopped there once, a long time ago. He had hoped then that it would be his last visit. Oh how the times have changed. 

As he steps in, he watches Karie barter with the bouncer for her guitar. Quickly, Rone rifles through his own bag of equipment. Crossbows, knives... those would all be immediately flagged. He wondered briefly if his trusty old chain whip could pass off as innocuous when he spotted the Unlucky Horseshoe amongst his belongings. He couldn't remember when he had acquired it, nevermind ever using it, but today it would finally see the sun. Wrapping the chain around his body as an extra measure, Dyric snatched the horseshoe and then closed up the bag. In his free hand, he mindlessly fiddled with his Lucky Die. His luck had always been tight at best. In such trying times, perhaps luck would finally smile on him. He waited behind Karie, a nervousness rising from deep within.

As Kiray flashes me her badge, I look away, feeling more ashamed than ever of my actions in joining the Wolf king.

"Good day, Rone! I suppose you have seen what has gone on at the hall? Bloody good news in my mind. Finally, the hall will be cleaned up and from the looks of it, probably the city too. We have had enough of all these petty squabbles, methinks."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Karie makes her way to the entrance of the Lady Luck's Locale, noticing the large bouncer. She takes off most of her weapons (including weapons she took out from her private locker back home, weapons she hadn't wielded in years) and handed them to the bouncer: all except for her Fine-tuned Guitar. She strums for the bouncer.

"You need some entertainment? I can provide it for your establishment!" Karie grinned, putting on her best showman-like facade.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg
"Don't see why not, just don't go bashin' it over someone's head."

QM Note: We'll get going here proper in 24hrs. If there's anyone who hasn't posted yet, now would be the time.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Mmm ok. I still don't understand why did you all just leave, why not fight?"

Individually, not organized, I don't think we stand much of a chance. So, for now we retreated, let them think they have some power over us, gather everyone here and maybe make a plan of attack. And I don't know what can be done about your oracle. It's a big shame the oracle has gone missing. 

10 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Unsure whether I want to follow Torald and Skuld (forgive me, I'm pretty sure this was the spelling) into the questionable bar, I nevertheless feel the conversation forcing me to do so. I gingerly follow Torald, handing my equipment to the ogre obediently.

"The veterans kicked you out? But you haven't done anything wrong, have you? I mean, you always drank a lot, but...maybe I should go back and apologize for you and they will accept you again?"

Apologizing isn't going to work, I don't think. They think our ways are wrong, that we let this city go to the brink of civil war. This is far too serious for an apology. But, if we stick together, don't do anything stupid, we might pull through and get our Hall back. 

Noticing Petaldan's hesitance, Torald says: I don't like this bar either, but it's better then standing outside in the rain, innit? And, with all these important things going on, I might actually stay sober. Who knows what's going to happen. Torald takes a long look around this bar. Still no sign of Ezeran, is there? Did he not come back from your last quest? It's not like him to miss on something this important, is it?