theCroc

[WIP] Clocktower square. My latest Modular MOC.

My current ongoing project is a Modular corner building with a square and a clocktower.

3owaOQi.jpg

So far most of the building exterior is done, with the exception of most of the clocktower itself (I havent decided quite how to do the clockfaces, may have to bricklink the Big ben clockfaces)

EDIT: The clocktower is now done! Next step is ground level!

See a small album at https://imgur.com/a/nRZ37

The plan is to house a restaurant (with the glassed in roof terrace, a small cafe and a sports goods store in the building as well as a market stall or two in the square bellow.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by theCroc

Great start. On the edge of your dark tan section, a few planter boxes would look great. Plants/trees really liven up a street scene. 

Looks good! This might sound like a very silly question, but did you put an actual clock into the tower? I really would like to see how you attached it. Really cool! :classic: Apart from that, the build fits very nicely to regular modulars, but the walls, especially the tower itself would look better with some more structure. Maybe some tiling, like you did on the centre of the clocktower or using some 1x1 cylinder pieces for the corners. Also, if its supposed to be natural stone, some dark tan pieces to simulate colour-variation due to weathering could work too.

Yes that's an actual working clock! 

The solution was simpler than I thought (though it seems I can't get rid of those corners) 

I will post some pics tonight once I get home from work.

I really like this. It looks much bigger than 32x32, great building. I really lime the inverted corner and the cafe on top.

The only thing that looks out of place (to me) is the clock. A brick-built LEGO clock would look much better (IMHO), but if you like it..

Thanks for sharing.

Andy D

56 minutes ago, Andy D said:

A brick-built LEGO clock would look much better (IMHO)

Eventually I will redesign the tower with a lego clock, but right now I don't have any pieces that will do it justice.

The goal is to use the Big Ben clock faces. I'll have to bricklink them eventually I guess. 

I still want to integrate some functioning clockwork though. Part of the idea is to have a functional clock.

Some very neat updates! And the close-ups reveal some detailing I missed at the older pictures. Good work!:classic: