Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Hey brain trust!

does anyone know if Vision Minifigure from 76067 and new set 76103 are the same? I’m looking at both and I can’t see any thing different. 

*Just a reminder, double points may be here around the middle of the month (16th to 31st) for those planning a mass purchase, might be wise to remember :P

5 minutes ago, Bibi said:

does anyone know if Vision Minifigure from 76067 and new set 76103 are the same? I’m looking at both and I can’t see any thing different. 

Fairly sure they are the same.

35 minutes ago, Bibi said:

Hey brain trust!

They are 100% the same 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are 100% the same 

But Bricklink assigned a different minifig number to both. Even the Starlord one, which I think is also just a repeat fig. Weird.

1 hour ago, deemen said:

But Bricklink assigned a different minifig number to both. Even the Starlord one, which I think is also just a repeat fig. Weird.

it is the same Vision fig in 76067 and 76103 (sh303).  The first Vision (sh178) came with 76032 and had a blue spot on the forehead instead of a yellow one

as for the new Starlord (sh499), it is the same fig seen in the set 76080 (sh380), but without his jetpack, wich justified a new number!

Can anyone tell me the official colour (BrickLink colour list if possible) of Ebony Maw's head? I'm trying to find hands to match but can't quite figure out what colour it would come under. Thanks in advance

Also does anyone know how to put a signature on my posts?

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I had the same plan and am also thinking about replacing the head with the DCEU Aquaman’s.

12 hours ago, TheBrickLord said:

Do you think that the Steve Trevor hairpiece from 76075 (WW Warrior Battle) would work better? Any help would be great. Thanks!

I've tried using the Aquaman head and personally I don't think it worked. There's too much of a resemblance to Jason Momoa. I think the official Cap head works fine with the right hair piece. I'm currently using the lighter brown (from Gotze if the German Football team figs) or the new Han Solo hair. I can't decide which is better (leaning toward Solo) out of the two but they both make the head print work better. An alternative head I was using before the sets were released is the Admiral Norrington from the PotC Mill set. I quite like how that looked, but I ultimately prefer the LEGO official

I'll be posting pics soon on my instagram @lego.sdr if you want to see and make up your own minds

Edited by legoSDR

Purchased the Outrider Dropship Attack and Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown yesterday. The small one isn't a great set, but definitely nice minifigures.
Regarding Cap/Nomad's hair, I also use Han Solo's new hair and for me it's really the best fit. 

Still building the Showdown set, but so far I love it. That Cull Obsidian bigfig :drool:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

7 hours ago, Mat099 said:

it is the same Vision fig in 76067 and 76103 (sh303).  The first Vision (sh178) came with 76032 and had a blue spot on the forehead instead of a yellow one

as for the new Starlord (sh499), it is the same fig seen in the set 76080 (sh380), but without his jetpack, wich justified a new number!

Got it for Starlord. Forgot they have that weird guideline on minifig identifier assignments.

They initially allocated SH512 for Vision and I sent a support ticket to correct it. See now that they rectified it. SH512 is now assigned to Shuri.

Thanks, man.

Finished building the Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack, Thanos: Ultimate Battle, and Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown a few days ago. I absolutely love the new ship for the Guardians! It’s a nice change from the Milano while still maintaining that wispy bird-like look. The orange looks very nice and the sand blue is a perfect accent color. I like the new Thanos more in person, but I really wish he didn’t have the armor and that he wasn’t angry but confident like the last one’s expression was. The Gauntlet is an amazing piece and I definitely need another for my comic Thanos. There’s a lot of wasted space in the Benatar- especially with the space bike, which is a feature I would like if it looked better. I’m going to build up a proper cockpit that can hopefully hold at least 3 people, and I’ll be removing the inverted slopes and tiles from the back area to sink it down a bit and add more seating. Lastly, the new Iron Man is drop dead gorgeous. I love his jet pack build and it looks really great. The Wakandan wall is amazing as well, I don’t understand why so many people dislike the build. The thresher is fun if a bit unnecessary. Two of the walls look great together and I love the color scheme with the black against the transparent purple. The functions are cool and don’t detract from the build at all. Definitely one of the better builds from the Marvel line. The Sanctum is gorgeous as well- it’s goimg to stay on display for a long time. The exterior is incredibly detailed and the interior is full of interesting things even if it is a bit cramped. Iron Spider is awesome and the unprinted sides of his legs don’t bother me as much in person. The winch system with the water tower is one of the most clever functions I’ve seen in a long time! All the exploding walls/windows have different trigger mechanisms which make them more interesting. The new window piece looks really nice as well. One of my favorite builds ever! The entire wave was better than I expected overall and I hope we get a great 7th set with some of the missing characters. 

Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition arrived today - noticed just now that the bio on the sticker is incorrect labeling the Hulkbuster as 24ft tall instead of the accurate amount, 11ft.

Nowhere has the Hulkbuster ever been reported as 24ft tall - so unsure why that is wrong ¬.¬

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Hulkbuster; Ultron Edition arrived today - noticed just now that the bio on the sticker is incorrect labeling the Hulkbuster as 24ft tall instead of the accurate amount, 11ft.

Nowhere has the Hulkbuster ever been reported as 24ft tall - so unsure why that is wrong ¬.¬

That’s kind of embarrassing. They had three years of solid referencing for this model 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

What a weird over site. You'd think they'd get that right. I wonder if that's the case for all sets or if it's just a typo printed on some versions? Mine should be delivered tomorrow to find out

2 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

That’s kind of embarrassing. They had three years of solid referencing for this model 

Question, how do I make a signature? Noticed you've got one

After looking at the reviews on YouTube, I have to say that the Wakandan wall looks wayyyy better when the end part is folded in. I'd also like to add that Banner's Hulkbuster is terrible. A definite downgrade from the AoU set. 

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

After looking at the reviews on YouTube, I have to say that the Wakandan wall looks wayyyy better when the end part is folded in. I'd also like to add that Banner's Hulkbuster is terrible. A definite downgrade from the AoU set. 

Surprised to see that you don't like the Hulbuster. I thought it was a lot more detailed and feels more posable and articulate than the previous version

41 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Surprised to see that you don't like the Hulbuster. I thought it was a lot more detailed and feels more posable and articulate than the previous version

Nah, that torso is absolutely horrendous. It can't fully close with a figure inside, the play function is totally unnecessary, the shoulders are too wide, there's a noticeable gap between the torso and the arm, and the lower torso seems too thin. I like the Hulkbuster's legs and arms, that's it. The side cannon is fine, it's better than the AoU side build. Falcon's wings are crap, I have no idea why they didn't just give him ball joints like I'm doing with the custom wings I'm making for him.

The Thanos fig does look better mow than in the prelims(doesn't every thing?) but something still seems off with his face printing.

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Question, how do I make a signature? Noticed you've got one

Sorry to go off topic but I can tell you, in the top right-hand corner it says your user name, click it, then select account settings, you can edit it from there.

Hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aquaman face doesn't look like Cap for me, it would be such a downgrade.

I’m just not a fan of the official head because of the sudden transition in colors on the beard. So innacurate.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

I’m just not a fan of the official head because of the sudden transition in colors on the beard. So innacurate.

avengerscaptainamerica.jpg

If you look at it, the beard actually is darker than the hair

After seeing the Bucky poster, I really hope he's in the final set, would love to see his new blue costume and longer hair, as well as War Machine with his new armour looking really cool

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

After seeing the Bucky poster, I really hope he's in the final set, would love to see his new blue costume and longer hair, as well as War Machine with his new armour looking really cool

Is the blue outfit meant to more resemble his comic book counterpart (at least Bucky Barnes in the Captain America comics, not necessarily the Winter Soldier)?

Edited by Aegis2000

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Is the blue outfit meant to more resemble his comic book counterpart (at least Bucky Barnes in the Captain America comics, not necessarily the Winter Soldier)?

Seems that way, that's part of why I love it so much

1 hour ago, LegoFan117 said:

Shuri outfit

Looks really accurate, hair on the other hand.....

Edited by legosamsonite
getting rid of double pic