Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL] Octoberfest - Experimental treatments

853 posts

The Surgeon had finally gotten his new clinic in Weelond, and the Octoberfest crowd had given him a running start. It was amazing what alcohol could bring out in people. Or rather amplified. Courage, heartache, foolhardiness. Sometimes all at the same time.

37955789502_5dbe7b8299.jpg

The clinic had it's own garden where plants were grown for medicinal purposes. For a reduced fee, patients gets to try the latest experimental treatments. The octoberfest unfolded all over Weelond, a few had even found their way onto the Clinics property, much to the doctors dismay.

37955790352_e858eacbb0.jpg

Victor Servadac had provided the drawings for the clinic. Here is a detail shot of the top floor exterior.

37955789752_c4f6f1dd32.jpg

The inside was open and let in a lot of light. Using a lot of small glass panes was effective. And more importantly, cheaper than a few big windows.

37955790192_3f1a1c4d79.jpg

The war had pushed the innovation for medical tools, and even if some of them looks cruel, procedure time had become significantly shorter.

24134774268_022d9e30d7.jpg

Reconvalescence and observation of patients during, and after treatment is an important aspect of finding consistent procedures that works on a wide array of people. Some of what the clinic provides is hot water tank treatment for matters of the mind, eye patch treatment to get that pirate look, and hooks to replace misplaced hands.

37955788932_c770818028.jpg

This is my 2017 Octoberfest minichallenge entry.

I plan to license this as a medium education, given the nature of treaments provided.

1569 posts

An interesting interpretation of the Octoberfest. And what an amazing facade and orangerie. Impressive stuff!

4407 posts

Just now, Elostirion said:

An interesting interpretation of the Octoberfest. And what an amazing facade and orangerie. Impressive stuff!

I second that, the greenhouse is especially well done !

5466 posts

Very clever take on the Octoberfest connection! And I love the detail in the build, both interior and exterior. :thumbup:

Also, I did notice that Gov Guilder is visiting! :pir-grin:

2528 posts

Stunning build, I love it! My favourite part is the front, but the greenhouse is excellent as well. Those patients in treament are hilarious!

I think the "connection" to the Octoberfest is quite a stretch, but it is a great addition to Weelond!

853 posts

10 hours ago, Elostirion said:

The orangerie was inspired by your orangerie, so thank you and right back at you.

10 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I second that, the greenhouse is especially well done !

I must admit this is one of my most matured designs (It was in a drawer and in the back of my mind for about a year and a half). 

7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Very clever take on the Octoberfest connection! And I love the detail in the build, both interior and exterior. :thumbup:

Also, I did notice that Gov Guilder is visiting! :pir-grin:

Just a check up :wink:

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Stunning build, I love it! My favourite part is the front, but the greenhouse is excellent as well. Those patients in treament are hilarious!

I think the "connection" to the Octoberfest is quite a stretch, but it is a great addition to Weelond!

I agree. I had this build planned for at least a year. It was untended for Weelond all the way, so I tied (pryed it in where it fit).

3537 posts

Nice build Stig! Upon reading the title I thought that someone was going to become green or purple or something due to the experimental nature of the treatment! :tongue:

2186 posts

Very nice clinic, I like all the details inside and outside of the house, there is even a glasshouse. 

Is it gov. Guilder at the gate?:pir-laugh:

1569 posts

7 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

The orangerie was inspired by your orangerie, so thank you and right back at you.

To be honest I like yours a LOT better than mine.

10248 posts

Very nice clinic, the sand blue looks lovely and great use of those white SW R2-D2 et. al. leg pieces!  The greenhouse also looks lovely!  Great interior too!

853 posts

On 10/29/2017 at 2:17 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice build Stig! Upon reading the title I thought that someone was going to become green or purple or something due to the experimental nature of the treatment! :tongue:

Thank you for the compliment (and the idea!). I think I will keep this build assembled, for story purposes ;)

On 10/29/2017 at 6:02 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice clinic, I like all the details inside and outside of the house, there is even a glasshouse. 

Is it gov. Guilder at the gate?:pir-laugh:

Thanks. My first serious attempt at a no-studs interior. That has been a goal for me for a while. It is a little sparse with details inside, but I am satisfied with the details that are there. Maybe the pool could be 2 studs shorter, but sometimes you just have to say "good enough" and carry on. 

3 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Fabulous architecture! Really enjoyed this build and your approach on Oktoberfest! 

Thank you. I have wanted to get the surgeons (the one that saved Governor Guilders leg) facilities in order for a while, so this was the perfect a good an opportunity (perhaps a little forced).

Just now, Kai NRG said:

Very nice clinic, the sand blue looks lovely and great use of those white SW R2-D2 et. al. leg pieces!  The greenhouse also looks lovely!  Great interior too!

Thanks for noticing :D They were the first part I started with, and the whole build is a result of that first wondering moment. I find some of the best aspects of creativity lies in those small moments.

5466 posts

16 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

great use of those white SW R2-D2 et. al. leg pieces

That's what those are! Thanks.

Just now, Sir Stig said:

They were the first part I started with, and the whole build is a result of that first wondering moment. I find some of the best aspects of creativity lies in those small moments.

Yep, those moments are some of my favorites when trying to design something. :thumbup: