Hello!

It's my first topic on eurobricks. After i saw many beautiful lego tractors, and equipment i think about one thing: Why they dont work like real one? So, i want to biuld a tractor with real working attachments:

seeder - it will place the seeds in rows

sprayer - for watering the plant.

cutter - willl cut and load the cuted plant on the trailer

trailer - for transpot.

Photos soon.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :wink:

I am pretty interested in this project, ever since i got my 8110 i have been trying to make attachment for agriculture, i tried to make a PTO powered rotary rake, which is used to align the cut material in a row to make it easier to collect, but i have also seen that making these kind of attachments can also be a hard task, because nothing works the same in a scaled model, that's why most of the things i made didn't work, despite being very similar to the ones they were based in terms of dimensions ans functions, everything from the material used to represent the "cut plants" (i don't remember the proper name), the friction with the air, the density and even the gravity, everything can change the result, but i hope you can get fully working attachments which can process a representative material, i would really like to see what you come up with, and i am looking forward for the pictures, good luck.

1 hour ago, powder12321 said:

Pictures will propably be tommorow, Now i have the tractor mechanics, working on body.

I have an ideas for attachments ;)

Sounds good :thumbup:

Where can i upload photos? when i try to register on brickshelf " There was a server error. Please go back and try again"

When i try register on flickr something is blocking and i cant write all things in the labels.

Any idea?

53 minutes ago, powder12321 said:

Where can i upload photos? when i try to register on brickshelf " There was a server error. Please go back and try again"

When i try register on flickr something is blocking and i cant write all things in the labels.

Any idea?

Bricksafe, Flickr.

Any idea?

You should read which symbols are alowed and which not...at least that was causing me problems on Brickshelf and Bricksafe :wink:

ok! There are some photos of current progres! (sorry for qualiity, taken with phone)
Drive: XL motor with Ratio 1:7 (sariels calculator)
Turning: M motor using two small linear acuators.

TractorWIP1

TractorWIP2TractorWIP3TractorWIP4TractorWIP5

@Imanol BB @I_Igor @BrickbyBrickTechnic @M_longer

Sorry for doublepost, but i have some progress and an question.

1: Rebiulded the front, now look better in my opinion:

TractorWIP1.1

2: 3 types of wheels posiible:

• one wheel (You know how it looks :wink:)
  • with weight
WheelWithWeight
  • Double Wheel
DoubleWheels

Which one is the best?

3: i decided to buy an small batterybox. And here is the question. Which is better? with bateries or acumulator?

1. I do not know if there is some particular tractor that inspired you so I can not make objective comment. I've made many tractors in the past but mostly classic; only articulated was Case IH quadtrac...

2. IMHO it is better to have one wheel and weight because baloon tires are to wide anyway. If you like you can look unde link to see how to make Powerpuller tire better proportioned

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=535390

3. About powersource - question is where it would be placed - if it is in the middle then go for battery box because it is much cheaper, if you plan to put powersource on one side of the tractor then acumulator is better but more expensive...

23 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

1. I do not know if there is some particular tractor that inspired you so I can not make objective comment. I've made many tractors in the past but mostly classic; only articulated was Case IH quadtrac...

2. IMHO it is better to have one wheel and weight because baloon tires are to wide anyway. If you like you can look unde link to see how to make Powerpuller tire better proportioned

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=535390

3. About powersource - question is where it would be placed - if it is in the middle then go for battery box because it is much cheaper, if you plan to put powersource on one side of the tractor then acumulator is better but more expensive...

1: A bit inspired by BigBud and my ow creativity.

2 Thanks for suggestion.
P.S. Its not powelpuler tire in my tractor.

3I also think about the batterybox because its cheaper.

@BrickbyBrickTechnic

I also like the desing with weight the most.

Edited by powder12321

22 minutes ago, powder12321 said:

P.S. Its not powelpuler tire in my tractor

I know, it is 81.6 x 38 R baloon tire...

Big Bud (specilly 747 with 16 cylinder engine) is tractor about 30-40 years old (mostly in white), but rectangular shapes of old tractors are much easily made with LEGO than modern lines...

@I_Igor @BrickbyBrickTechnic

I bought today the batterybox. not the best price but i got it and i can biuld rest of tractor :sweet:

18 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Big Bud (specilly 747 with 16 cylinder engine) is tractor about 30-40 years old (mostly in white), but rectangular shapes of old tractors are much easily made with LEGO than modern lines...

Yes, shapes are nice to biuld. i think i will biuld the bigbud as another moc. I also think about making it digitaly. Wchich program shoudl i use?

@I_Igor @BrickbyBrickTechnic

I bought today the batterybox. not the best price but i got it and i can biuld rest of tractor :sweet:

Yes, shapes are nice to biuld. i think i will biuld the bigbud as another moc. I also think about making it digitaly. Wchich program shoudl i use?

People usually use Lego Digital Designer...but you have to ask "masters" in that area like @efferman who very often completely uses developing on computer... I'm on the otherhand old school developer because of my profession; I'm IT systems developer who currently works as professor, so I had enough of computer at work and want to enjoy LEGO with my fingers...

@powder12321 for tires IMHO best would be if you have a possibility to use tires from 42054 set (CLAAS Xerion 5000 VC)

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@powder12321 for tires IMHO best would be if you have a possibility to use tires from 42054 set (CLAAS Xerion 5000 VC)

I know, but I dont want to spent to much cash :blush:

14 hours ago, I_Igor said:

and want to enjoy LEGO with my fingers...

14 hours ago, I_Igor said:

People usually use Lego Digital Designer...but you have to ask "masters" in that area like @efferman who very often completely uses developing on computer.....

I also like biulding with fingers, maybe another MOC i will first make digitaly.

Just now, powder12321 said:

I know, but I dont want to spent to much cash :blush:

I also like biulding with fingers, maybe another MOC i will first make digitaly.

It is only up to you to decide :wink:

Just now, I_Igor said:

It is only up to you to decide :wink:

I think about it because its like third or fourth time i rebiuld the stering mechanism...

3 hours ago, powder12321 said:

I think about it because its like third or fourth time i rebiuld the stering mechanism...

I know what you mean. That is why I have several spare parts for testing and development of subsystems that would be inclooded in my mocs...

Edited by I_Igor

OK!
It's upgrade time!
This time with better Quality!
Overlook:

TractorWIP 2.1TractorWIP 2.2TractorWIP 2.4

Connection on back:

OPEN:

21291917_1516493091738408_513332408_n

Close:

TractorWIP 2.7

And started work on the cabin: