I like the mixed body style as flex axles are prominent, yet were still able to close things in nicely. Well done :thumbup:

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:55 AM, madcow said:

....It is my first Technic creation ever....

You have done an absolutely incredible job for your first ever Technic creation.  Congrats!

I'm not really too big of a fan of cars whose bodies are mainly designed with flex axles, I think they become a bit too crowded...

I can still enjoy this though, it's so beautifully designed!:wub:

I thought the roof was a bit off, but I guess it's as good as it gets in Lego! well-done!

12 hours ago, technic_addict said:

You have done an absolutely incredible job for your first ever Technic creation.  Congrats!

Thanks!

Madcow, how long did it take you to build this supercar from the early beginning?

@madcow forgive me if you already have answered this question, but do you plan to make building instructions of McLaren P1? 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have suggested it to Hof madcow! Hope It goes in!

This model deserves to be i Hof. I personally do not like modern hypercar designs, but this interpretation of McLaren P1 is perfect achievement :thumbup:

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

This model deserves to be i Hof. I personally do not like modern hypercar designs, but this interpretation of McLaren P1 is perfect achievement :thumbup:

thanks!

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@madcow forgive me if you already have answered this question, but do you plan to make building instructions of McLaren P1? 

Thanks

I do not know if I will have the time during the school year, but expect a breakdown at some point. Most of the spare time I have will be dedicated to my Dodge viper ACR model. 

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have suggested it to Hof madcow! Hope It goes in!

Thanks! Glad you like the model

16 hours ago, Aleh said:

Madcow, how long did it take you to build this supercar from the early beginning?

It took me about a year because I have only been building with technic for about 1 and a half years now. I was a system guy before that building 6 wide cars. The model has gone through about 3 iterations at this point, this being the final version. I consider the early models to be very primitive compared to the final product. Most of the time was spent waiting to source parts and restructuring the entire chassis. It was a long process having no prior experience with technic, I wanted to try to get a well balanced car that had proper structure/ engineering and a clean aesthetic. The body only took me about a month to actually create, while the 3rd iteration of the chassis including the monocell and the 3rd iteration of the gearbox took me 3 months to complete. 

7 hours ago, madcow said:

It took me about a year because I have only been building with technic for about 1 and a half years now. I was a system guy before that building 6 wide cars. The model has gone through about 3 iterations at this point, this being the final version. I consider the early models to be very primitive compared to the final product. Most of the time was spent waiting to source parts and restructuring the entire chassis. It was a long process having no prior experience with technic, I wanted to try to get a well balanced car that had proper structure/ engineering and a clean aesthetic. The body only took me about a month to actually create, while the 3rd iteration of the chassis including the monocell and the 3rd iteration of the gearbox took me 3 months to complete. 

But you made great job no matter how long it takes :thumbup:

A little flat but since it is lego much can't be done.

There have been many Mclaren models but I think this is one of my favourites :)

7 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Thanks!

9 hours ago, MattL600 said:

It is my favourite. @madcow is the "quilty" one that make me wish to make it to stay allong 67' Eleanor...