Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Given the dimensions and the supposed $25 price point (which would typically translate to around 200-250 pieces for licensed IP sets), I think that's exactly what it means. It seems highly unlikely there would be enough bricks to build both a suitcase and the creatures inside unless it were all very, very small.... at best you'd end up with the little microbuilds that come in the Advent calendars?

It is possible it is just a small brick buildt suitcase, just big enough for a minifig to climb down and a ladder under it. In addition it is some brick built animals as well.. The inside of the suitcase was really open as I recall so not much need for walls down there...

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible it is just a small brick buildt suitcase, just big enough for a minifig to climb down and a ladder under it. In addition it is some brick built animals as well.. The inside of the suitcase was really open as I recall so not much need for walls down there...

Nice idea. :laugh:

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Do you think they'll do a uniform torso that''s just the jumper or print robes on kind of like they did with the most recent Ben Kenobi figure

Probably print robes on, but we can always hope for fabric robes

Is it possible the Whomping Willow set comes with the Shrieking Shack or something since they're linked? That's so many pieces for a tree and a car. 

Just now, Ultron said:

Is it possible the Whomping Willow set comes with the Shrieking Shack or something since they're linked? That's so many pieces for a tree and a car. 

It certainly would explain the raised price tag but I'd think if they did that, the set would be even bigger and have some of the characters we see in it such as Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, Snape

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Probably print robes on, but we can always hope for fabric robes

If they went the fabric route, they'd be smart to use the coat fabric piece that was used in the Lego Batman movie. The usual cape pieces just don't look good for robes and that element from the movie would work perfectly. Granted, with it not appearing in that theme at all I'm guessing the odds of seeing that element appear in the flesh for these sets isn't great.

Edited by strangely

Maybe lego could could make a 3-holed cape piece like the lego Ringwraiths had where it drapes over the shoulders a bit more? And then do the "down" hood piece in black that just sits on their back. Could that work? 

50 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It certainly would explain the raised price tag but I'd think if they did that, the set would be even bigger and have some of the characters we see in it such as Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, Snape

Probably. It was really just wishful thinking. I'm guessing the Tree will just be a pretty good sized build with a lot of ball joints to mimic its flexibility. I'd also expect some function where the top half rotates with a gear so you can spin it around and wack things. What I'm really interested in about this set is if it has a hole for you to slide the characters into the tree like it's supposed to have. That might indicate the longevity of the theme and if they're leaving the door open for future sets (like a shrieking shack)

8 hours ago, Ultron said:

Maybe lego could could make a 3-holed cape piece like the lego Ringwraiths had where it drapes over the shoulders a bit more? And then do the "down" hood piece in black that just sits on their back. Could that work? 

Probably. It was really just wishful thinking. I'm guessing the Tree will just be a pretty good sized build with a lot of ball joints to mimic its flexibility. I'd also expect some function where the top half rotates with a gear so you can spin it around and wack things. What I'm really interested in about this set is if it has a hole for you to slide the characters into the tree like it's supposed to have. That might indicate the longevity of the theme and if they're leaving the door open for future sets (like a shrieking shack)

That's a good idea

9 hours ago, strangely said:

If they went the fabric route, they'd be smart to use the coat fabric piece that was used in the Lego Batman movie. The usual cape pieces just don't look good for robes and that element from the movie would work perfectly. Granted, with it not appearing in that theme at all I'm guessing the odds of seeing that element appear in the flesh for these sets isn't great.

Which piece was it they used for TLBM? Who did they use it on?

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Which piece was it they used for TLBM? Who did they use it on?

Barbara Gordon and her father both used a tan, cloth coat piece. I think it would be perfect for the Hogwarts robes. Lego would be stupid not to use it.

Just now, strangely said:

Barbara Gordon and her father both used a tan, cloth coat piece. I think it would be perfect for the Hogwarts robes. Lego would be stupid not to use it.

They had it in the movie but they didn't actually make the piece for any of the sets so I doubt they'd do it for HP

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

I hope that minifigs will be different that the old with news faces, news hairs, news torsos...

They'll probably most be but they'll most likely reuse the figs from Dimensions

8 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They'll probably most be but they'll most likely reuse the figs from Dimensions

I hope not. Harry's hair in the Dimensions pack is awful, and I prefer Hermione with the reddish-brown hair. I know the light brown is more accurate to Emma Watson, but I just don't think it looks right for Hermione.

37 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They had it in the movie but they didn't actually make the piece for any of the sets so I doubt they'd do it for HP

I know, I already acknowledged that it was unlikely. I'm just saying that would be the best option if they were willing to do it.

Just now, strangely said:

I know, I already acknowledged that it was unlikely. I'm just saying that would be the best option if they were willing to do it.

I agree

2 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

I hope not. Harry's hair in the Dimensions pack is awful, and I prefer Hermione with the reddish-brown hair. I know the light brown is more accurate to Emma Watson, but I just don't think it looks right for Hermione.

Yeah, also Voldemort has no nostrils. I don't even think Harry's original hairpiece was good enough, too puffy

2 hours ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Harry, ron, hermione and others characters in the books change every time and grow up. The hair is different if you are 11 or 15.

Anyone thought of the idea that the Ford Anglia Escape may include Hagrid's Hut as well? Or part of the castle, like the scene with the Willow in Chamber of Secrets? Just a thought, I'm just baffled if Lego doesn't include Hagrid's Hut somehow!!

4 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Anyone thought of the idea that the Ford Anglia Escape may include Hagrid's Hut as well? Or part of the castle, like the scene with the Willow in Chamber of Secrets? Just a thought, I'm just baffled if Lego doesn't include Hagrid's Hut somehow!!

Maybe they have multiple waves planned and each one will have a different aspect of the castle at connects to the ones from the other waves similar to the PS and CoS lines in the early 2000s and maybe ones beneath the castle like the Rancor pit and Jabba's palace sets in Star Wars a couple of years ago

33 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Maybe they have multiple waves planned and each one will have a different aspect of the castle at connects to the ones from the other waves similar to the PS and CoS lines in the early 2000s and maybe ones beneath the castle like the Rancor pit and Jabba's palace sets in Star Wars a couple of years ago

That would be a good idea. And then they could have The Chamber of Secrets physically connect underneath the castle. Having lots of add ons would also allow lots more detail in certain areas. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

That would be a good idea. And then they could have The Chamber of Secrets physically connect underneath the castle. Having lots of add ons would also allow lots more detail in certain areas. 

Exactly my idea. And Fluffy, the Devil's Snare, flying keys, chess board and final battle could be in layers beneath the castle. They could even add more detail and have it on the third floor and have settings accurate to where they're set in the books

4 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Maybe a big set in a future wave with Hagrid's hut and the forbidden forest :grin:

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe a big set in a future wave with Hagrid's hut and the forbidden forest :grin:

That certainly would be a big set. I'm guessing if they did more of the Forbidden Forest they'd give us stuff we haven't seen before such as the Unicorn and Quarrel, some Centaurs, Grawp, etc. But they'll only do multiple waves if the first one is popular so it's up to us to keep it going the best we can