Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

$500, exactly what I was expecting. American prices and euro prices usually match up exactly but $485 is an extremely strange amount to pay. I’m very happy with a castle this large. Harry Potter got me into Lego back in 2010 and its return makes me very excited and happy! I’ll definitely sell anything I need to from my collection to get this set. 

That is a lot more than I was expecting, was sure the currency conversion was wrong *huh* That is 150 dollars (a modular building) more than the Disney castle :wacko: This must be a beauty :sweet:

Just now, Roebuck said:

That is a lot more than I was expecting, was sure the currency conversion was wrong *huh* That is 150 dollars (a modular building) more than the Disney castle :wacko: This must be a beauty :sweet:

Yep. If I’m paying $500 for a castle, it better be beautiful. It’s good that they’re doing the Great Hall separately since now they can focus more on the towers and other sections of the castle for the D2C. I’d love a humongous Gryffindor Tower large enough to have a tiny office for Dumbledore in the side turrets, but a tower that big is impossible. 

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

A $500 Hogwarts Castle with the Great Hall as a separate set? :look:  That sounds like it's going to be MASSIVE.

I’m kind of hoping the Great Hall set is $100 on its own so we can get a huge and perfectly detailed representation of it (we need all four house tables!) but my wallet is definitely NOT hoping for that!

Sounds awesome! Lego just keeps bringing out things I’ve only dreamt about!

hogwarts castle, the great hall, the whomping willow and some potentially hagrids hut. This wave is just perfect (shame there’s no hogwarts Express though)

11 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Sounds awesome! Lego just keeps bringing out things I’ve only dreamt about!

hogwarts castle, the great hall, the whomping willow and some potentially hagrids hut. This wave is just perfect (shame there’s no hogwarts Express though)

Would be perfect if the D2C included a Hogwarts Express but I don’t want a side build that large that would detract so much from the castle itself. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Would be perfect if the D2C included a Hogwarts Express but I don’t want a side build that large that would detract so much from the castle itself. 

If it doesn’t come in the Aragog Set, I expect the only side build will be Hagrids hut

Really happy to hear that Hogwarts will be a UCS sized set, and I think its the PERFECT marketing tool to make the Great Hall a separate set for people to add on to their main castle. Hopefully the Aragog set is Hagrid's Hut as well!

This sure looks like the other sets are tie ins to the D2C, but I wonder how they will make a D2C Hogwarts without a great hall :sceptic:

I wonder if they make the great hall set as the normal Hogwarts set of the wave, since it is confusing to have two Hogwarts castles out at the same time..

On the other hand it is a very strange wave only focused on Howarts and the surroundings.. One way they could do it is to make the D2C with a great hall, then use the "great hall set" as a add on to make it twice as big/long with a lot of different figs in the two sets. If they indeed all fit together it is going to be epic wave and I really looking forward to some pictures :sweet:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

This sure looks like the other sets are tie ins to the D2C, but I wonder how they will make a D2C Hogwarts without a great hall :sceptic:

Maybe the Hogwarts D2C won’t be minifig scale? The SHIELD Helicarrier was scaled for trophy-sized microfigs, but had some exclusive minifigs for display (and to boost sales). So maybe the Great Hall will be a playset with lots of minifigs, and Hogwarts will just be a detailed model (with a few exclusive minifigs, no doubt).

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder if they make the great hall set as the normal Hogwarts set of the wave, since it is confusing to have two Hogwarts castles out at the same time..

On the other hand it is a very strange wave only focused on Howarts and the surroundings.. One way they could do it is to make the D2C with a great hall, then use the "great hall set" as a add on to make it twice as big/long with a lot of different figs in the two sets. If they indeed all fit together it is going to be epic wave and I really looking forward to some pictures :sweet:

Remember about the last wave of lord of the ring: the tower of Orthanc and a small set about the fight between the 2 witchs: 

6 minutes ago, Daniel-Technic said:

Sorry but what is D2C stand for?

Direct-to-consumer.It is a large and limited set often.Like Gostbuster's Mansion or diffrent UCS (ultimate collector set) from Star Wars wave.

22 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Maybe the Hogwarts D2C won’t be minifig scale? The SHIELD Helicarrier was scaled for trophy-sized microfigs, but had some exclusive minifigs for display (and to boost sales). So maybe the Great Hall will be a playset with lots of minifigs, and Hogwarts will just be a detailed model (with a few exclusive minifigs, no doubt).

I sure hope not, I am a minifigscale fan! I understand that not everything will be a correct minifigscale in a set like that and that is OK, but if it is like a architecture set with 4-5 minifigs in front I will be seriously disappointed :angry:
You have frighten me know because it is definitely a possibility, but I think the danger had been greater if it was a lower price tag like 250-300 dollars! The smaller the scale the cheaper it is to make a big set and this has one of the highest price tags ever.. Smaller scale sets are more decorative pieces to put on the shelf, but Hogwarts; come on that must surly be made in minifigscale so "kids" in all ages can play with their favourite witch and wizards :grin:

6 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Remember about the last wave of lord of the ring: the tower of Orthanc and a small set about the fight between the 2 witchs: 

I do not have those sets, where there room for the small set in the tower?

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I sure hope not, I am a minifigscale fan! I understand that not everything will be a correct minifigscale in a set like that and that is OK, but if it is like a architecture set with 4-5 minifigs in front I will be seriously disappointed :angry:
You have frighten me know because it is definitely a possibility, but I think the danger had been greater if it was a lower price tag like 250-300 dollars! The smaller the scale the cheaper it is to make a big set and this has one of the highest price tags ever.. Smaller scale sets are more decorative pieces to put on the shelf, but Hogwarts; come on that must surly be made in minifigscale so "kids" in all ages can play with their favourite witch and wizards :grin:

No, the small set was a depiction of a popular scene and the builds in it were also included in the tower with some differences. The small one was just a cheap way for people to collect the figures and get a throne room without getting the whole tower, and the little one also had a few play functions absent from the large tower. 

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

There was not, the same scene was depicted twice in one wave but as Hogwarts is more fleshed out, I suspect that they will be separate connecting sets.

57 minutes ago, Felkin said:

I seriously doubt that they'd do that here, it would reduce the appeal massively. The helicarrier is very different as it is mostly outdoors and therefore can't really have a differently scaled exterior and interior like the star destroyer (if you see what I mean) and an incomplete but scale vehicle would be a travesty whereas as a scaled but incomplete building could work quite well.

Where did these rumors originate?

3 hours ago, Felkin said:

I don't really see them doing that again with a big IP. I mean even the recent, massive, Millenium Falcon had minifigure areas for play. As much as I won't be buying this set, I would be massively disappointed if Lego created what's essentially a display model and nothing more.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Where did these rumors originate?

I do not think it is rumors, only discussing different possibility's how the sets may turn out :classic:

Something like 4842+4867 is possible only this time it is the great hall (or half the great hall) that is connected to Hogwarts. That would maximise the number of different minifigs in the sets, of the former only Harry is in both sets (and a demetor, but that is a army-builder so it doesn't count).. If they do the same with the two last sets e.g. Ron could turn up only in the small set (and most likely the D2C) to free space for other figs, maybe even Harry is not in every set?! The possibility's of this wave is endless :grin:

I just hope Lego don't do what they did with the UCS Hoth set and put loads of little sets into one big one. 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I just hope Lego don't do what they did with the UCS Hoth set and put loads of little sets into one big one. 

To play devils advocate ,at least if they did that we'd get a larger variety poof characters as all the individual sets would come with a harry and I'd doubt that they'd put more than 3 Harrys in one set (and different versions too!).