Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Bought mine too, paid $63 AUD after postage, honestly not a word of complaint from me, even on the off chance they do eventually come to Australia, I’m just relieved to know I’ve got them coming. 

Also happy I scored cheap on postage (seller must have miscalculated) by my actual estimations I’ve probably paid ~$10 per fig, and we paid $6 each for the CMFs.

I'm so friggin' excited! I just hope someone puts up the Diagon Alley at a semi-reasonable price soon, too.

The images of the back of Diagon Alley have disappeared from Instagran. Can anyone link me to it?

Edited by LegoSims20

18 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I'm so friggin' excited! I just hope someone puts up the Diagon Alley at a semi-reasonable price soon, too.

The images of the back of Diagon Alley have disappeared from Instagran. Can anyone link me to it?

Have you got Instagram? I’ll send them to you 

7 hours ago, midnightdraconis said:

According to the German TRU Facebook page: in Österreich und der Schweiz startet die LEGO Minifiguren Aktion ab diesen Donnerstag (30.08.). Die limitierten Sets sind dort ausschließlich in unseren Märkten erhältlich. 1f642.png:)

Thanks for the tip :thumbup: Hm, interesting wording though; to me, this implies they're only going to be available in physical stores rather than online... Either way, I ordered a pack on bricklink. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be available online as well, in which case I'd order the remaining three at TRU :classic:

purchase report:

Vistited my Toys R us in hope of also getting Bricktober packs: they get them in 3 days! But of course I already had to get the great hall set (kind of stupid, in 3 days I'd have gotten a 15$pack for free added to it, but I just had to get it now :grin: )

The CMF packs were at the cash - so since the employees were very nice anyway, I asked if I can feel some of them (normaly not allowed and they are very unfriendly at Toys R us, but this time some of the empolyees flirted with me anyway :tongue:) - they just sent me in a corner with alle boxes & I immediately felt 2 Percival Graves in the left corner at the back. Thx for the people pointing this out!

Now I can make myself a propper Stannis Baratheon (grey-black hair), Colin Farrell, Grindlewald (don't like the face in the other set+ it's expensive) and just Graves himself :wub_drool:

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Have you got Instagram? I’ll send them to you 

I don't :(

Oh I found it. It looks pretty bad from the back, but still love the exterior. 

It' ridiculous how poorly has LEGO handled Bricktober release

I mean, besides Germany and Austria, only USA has info they will get it...sometimes in future

rest of the world can go and ... them-self :P

i do hope they release more info soon

17 minutes ago, Duxx said:

It' ridiculous how poorly has LEGO handled Bricktober release

It's hardly Lego's fault. Toys R Us went out of business and they were stuck with a promotional item they needed to find a new distributor for.

It's not as simple as asking a company if they fancy having it, it involves a lot of new contracts and negotiations.

We're lucky they've managed to sort anything out at all. 

As someone who lives in a place that's never had a Toys R Us - or a Lego store, Entertainer, Smyths, or Argos, I'm used to never having easy access to Bricktober packs but I've always thought it a bit ridiculous that Lego make a set for retail that they don't sell on their own website. After all, they make the product!! (it's like they don't want my money!!) :wink:

One of the leakers/ leak aggregators on IG claims that 5 Wizarding World sets are coming this Winter, without providing any additional info... Doesn't seem to be based on the previous list, so let's hope they're right :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

One of the leakers/ leak aggregators on IG claims that 5 Wizarding World sets are coming this Winter, without providing any additional info... Doesn't seem to be based on the previous list, so let's hope they're right :thumbup:

I am the source on that figure. We are getting at least - possibly more - five sets in the Winter of 2019. I don't know much about them, and I cannot share any more information at this juncture.

Edited by Azani

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You say this year...

Just now, Azani said:

I am the source on that figure. We are getting at least - possibly more - five sets in the Winter of 2019. I don't know much about them, and I cannot share any more information at this juncture.

But you say 2019...

So what is the truth? Please clarify! 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

@LegoSims20By "Winter 2019" we mean the time span between December 2018 and February 2019 :wink:

The other person says IN though.

@Azani Can you clarify, are you meaning IN or BY winter 2019? 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

@LegoSims20By "Winter 2019" we mean the time span between December 2018 and February 2019 :wink:

If this is true I will DIE. 

Watch half of them be for freakin' FB though. 

3 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

The other person says IN though.

@Azani Can you clarify, are you meaning IN or BY winter 2019? 

If this is true I will DIE. 

I mean that there will be five sets seeing a release between December of this year and February or March of the next, depending on your region. I don't mean "five sets seeing a release between August and December".

TLG treats that interval as the "Winter" of the new year; thus, I do as well. :) Winter of 2019 is this next winter.

Edited by Azani

Just now, Azani said:

I mean that there will be five sets seeing a release between December of this year and February or March of the next, depending on your region. I don't mean "five sets seeing a release between August and December".

WOAH.

I wonder what they will be and when they will be released. I freakin' hope at least one will be out for Christmas, but I doubt it. 

I wonder if that means Lego had them ready in case this wave was popular. I just hope they don't saturate the market. 

2 minutes ago, Azani said:

TLG treats that interval as the "Winter" of the new year; thus, I do as well. :) Winter of 2019 is this next winter.

I didn't know this was how Lego works so thanks @Azani and @Lego-Freak

Oh my god

So, the rumored Quidditch lesson set is one of them?

Maybe this was meant to be a summer 2019 wave but they pushed it up due to the theme doing extremely well. 

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh my god

Maybe this was meant to be a summer 2019 wave but they pushed it up due to the theme doing extremely well. 

That's what I thought.

I wonder if a full-scale Diagon Alley will be one. I hope we get at least one more part of Hogwarts this year/early next. 

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It has been confirmed that that listing was for the original Quidditch set released, so we will not be receiving another Hogwarts Quidditch set.

Otherwise, I would assume that this rumored wave would include some Year 3-4 sets and a spoiler-based Fantastic Beasts set(s).

I hope for Hagrid's Hut, Myrtle's bathroom, Diagon Alley, Gryffindor Common Room and something else nice.

Please no FB or GoF (unless it's the Yule Ball) sets. 

Edited by LegoSims20