Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

So...in the past has anyone had success ordering a whole box? If so, where do you get them from? LEGO store told me they don't sell them by the box, and I have two friends who want to split a box with me. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm buying far more in this assortment than any other.

in the shop home. Or Amazon

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Fantastic job by the designers, gotta say I'm amazed. I think my favorite has to be Madeye because I had the him as a kid and even then I hated it and I didn't care too much about detail (still don't and think some of them are overdetailed). The improvement is amazing! I love how he can switch into Barty Jr.  Neville and Dumbledore are sweet as well.

Did you like the peg leg from the old Moody? I wish they brought it back for this rerelease.

Really great series, I like Moody and Trelawney especially! Also the medium legs open up a lot of new possibilities...

One (small) thing that irks me is Cho's skin color though. Why is she brown while Rose Tico from SW is white? IRL it seems the other way around :classic:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Thank god the leaflet shows how to put together the flag piece

I had no clue :laugh:

I smiled too seeing that :grin: but I also saw a new suitcase under :D

Where is Ollivander?

We will probably get a new McGonagall with her outfit from PoA at some point. But I love these figures, we will most likely get another series. 

I'm not that impressed with the FB line up. They seem a bit of a waste of space in the CMF series given the Suitcase set and existing Dimensions minifigures too.

Also Dobby is a downgrade on the last one.

But Flitwick looks good, and will be useful for reusing the parts. Others are fine, but reusable parts for MOCs outside of HP (especially the torsos) are less obvious especially for the students. Not so bad for the teachers, although I'd like to get a better look at Dumbledore's robes. I like the (giant) rat too, although it seems to have an amputated tail and the size is obviously an issue.

Biggest plus for me is the new design of short legs.

36 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

They’re based on Goblet of Fire I believe, that’s why they (Harry and Ron) have long hair, they had short hair in PoA

Ron and Hermione are most certainly based on Prisoner of Azkaban. That's spot on Ron from the third movie. 

The CMFs are perfect. Absolutely amazing. Some key characters are missing of course but there will be time to include them in the future. There are a lot of characters I was not expecting which is wonderful. I will definitely be getting all of them 

Anyone else feel Newt should've come with the Demiguise or a different magical creature? 

Just now, Ultron said:

Anyone else feel Newt should've come with the Demiguise or a different magical creature? 

Meh I think Niffler is a pretty desirable character so he should be easy to get. The Demiguise could or any other magical creature could come later, but first spread the most important ones.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Meh I think Niffler is a pretty desirable character so he should be easy to get. The Demiguise could or any other magical creature could come later, but first spread the most important ones.

Yeah, it's just redundant because of the suitcase set. If it had been like a baby occamy or a bowtruckle they could've been army built. But as you say, I'm sure they're saving more for the future

2 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Yeah, it's just redundant because of the suitcase set.

In terms of sales, it might well be the other way around - that the suitcase set is redundant because of duplication in the CMF set.

Looking good! Worth the wait to see these, they're wonderful. Especially impressed with the new legs.

So were those rumors about a chase figure true? If so, which figure is it?

I like how LEGO varied the uniforms of Ron, Harry and Hermione. And Dean's too.

Flitwick is nice. And his hair is a new mold ya?

Queenie is on my list. A pity LEGO reused the Dimension version of the two main characters in FB.

Personally the one minifigure that stands out is ... Professor of the Divine Arts ... Sybill Trelawney. She is beautiful.

Where does Ollivander come then? If the book comes with Harry, and he doesn’t come in CMF or the D2C, where did that leak come from? It was definitely real

Moody’s new hair piece in green would be great for the Dark Knight Joker and in brown for a Revenge Of The Sith Anakin

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, summicron said:

A pity LEGO reused the Dimension version of the two main characters in FB.

Those look like new prints to me, albeit similar to the Dimensions variants.

1 hour ago, joeee said:

Did you like the peg leg from the old Moody? I wish they brought it back for this rerelease.

It would have been cool to see because I love the subtle nods to the older figures in this line (Snape with the purple part of his torso, Harry and the cloak with the stars). But what I noticed is that there is coat printing on the legs of this new Moody since he rocks a trench coat. So there would be difficulty doing it to make it look symmetrical since it's a peg leg and getting printing on that would be tough.

Edited by RODDY

So does one case or box of these come with one of each? Or is it still random? Because if it definitely comes with one of each, I’ll just order a box

I do wonder why the book was talking about Sirius Black, probably because of the old figure, or even the poster in the train set, but I can't help but hope there is another way of obtaining him. The designers said it themselves, we can't really make CaS sets without the Basilisk. Same thing could be said about PoA sets without the Prisoner of Azkaban. But that's probably too much to hope for.

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So does one case or box of these come with one of each? Or is it still random? Because if it definitely comes with one of each, I’ll just order a box

I think it's 60 per case 2/3 or so of each minifig. If you feel like splurging $240 on minifigs  go ahead but I wouldn't recommend it. That's why I'm gonna buy 22 ($88) the day of and buy any other figure I need from Ebay.

Edited by RODDY

8 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I do wonder why the book was talking about Sirius Black, probably because of the old figure, or even the poster in the train set, but I can't help but hope there is another way of obtaining him. The designers said it themselves, we can't really make CaS sets without the Basilisk. Same thing could be said about PoA sets without the Prisoner of Azkaban. But that's probably too much to hope for.

Agreed. Hopefully soon there will also be ways of obtaining a new Bellatrix, Lucius, Lockhart, Ginny, Fred, and George

Love these!! Luna was on my list of Characters I really wanted. And if Lego is serious about wanting to make Harry Potter and Evergreen Theme, I would expect to see another line of figs eventually.