Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Also do you think we could get Madame Hooch in the Quidditch set

I would say about 90% sure! It has been so many minifig leaks lately, so I guess it could leak any time now :wink:

I've been trying to catch up on everything, but I seem to have missed most of the release dates. I know that the Great Hall and XXX are August 1st and the Brickheads are July 1st, but what about the CMF, D2C, the rest of the FB sets and the rest of the HP sets? Are they all August 1st?

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

I've been trying to catch up on everything, but I seem to have missed most of the release dates. I know that the Great Hall and XXX are August 1st and the Brickheads are July 1st, but what about the CMF, D2C, the rest of the FB sets and the rest of the HP sets? Are they all August 1st?

FB and CMF is august. 

D2C does not  publicly exist so we wouldn't know know. I think the rumor is november or december.

Ford Amglia is amazing. Not very complicated, but a great and accurate build. So nice we are getting an attachable part of Hogwarts. This looks to be rather a small, but fun build. I like it. So it looks like Whomping Willow isn't that big after all. It doesn't look like a huge build. 

New Harry looks incredible, I love that red shirt. One of the best and most usable Lego torsos. Ron looks great. 

Ollivander looks amazing. Fantastic torso, awesome hair and face and I'm actually okay with no leg printing.

Quidditch Harry and (for 99%) Higgs is great, but I think something is messed up. Terence is older than Harry. Higgs should be older, so probably long legs would be for him, and shorter for Harry. But. Harry's cape is long. Higgs' is short. So messed up :wacko: Also, Harry's broom should be brown, and Higgs' should be brown too. 

1 minute ago, deskp said:

FB and CMF is august. 

D2C does not  publicly exist so we wouldn't know know. I think the rumor is november or december.

December.

In one of his newest videos, Just2Good, says the Whomping Willow set "seems to come with Harry and Ron, along with Seamus, Snape and Filch". I think it's not a speculation. What do you guys think?

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

December

But in fact August/September.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it's not a speculation. What do you guys think?

I was told he has a catalog with pics.

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

FB and CMF is august. 

Thanks! Really excited for these, I unfortunately missed most of the first HP sets but I will probably get as many of these as I can afford. All the minifigures look great, but I especially love that Harry and Hermione got new hair molds. I do wish McGonagall had the new dress piece instead though.

8 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Thanks! Really excited for these, I unfortunately missed most of the first HP sets but I will probably get as many of these as I can afford. All the minifigures look great, but I especially love that Harry and Hermione got new hair molds. I do wish McGonagall had the new dress piece instead though.

She doesn’t have the dress piece because it didn’t receive good reviews from the test models because obviously kids couldn’t make her sit down with Dumbledore and Quirrell

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In one of his newest videos, Just2Good, says the Whomping Willow set "seems to come with Harry and Ron, along with Seamus, Snape and Filch". I think it's not a speculation. What do you guys think?

21 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Well from what I can see from the video, he is just commenting the "elves picture" from Lego like we do here :wacko:

Edited by Roebuck

8 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

She doesn’t have the dress piece because it didn’t receive good reviews from the test models because obviously kids couldn’t make her sit down with Dumbledore and Quirrell

I get that, LEGO definitely did the right thing if that's what the kids wanted, I just think it would have been a better look personally.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I get that, LEGO definitely did the right thing if that's what the kids wanted, I just think it would have been a better look personally.

I’d have to respectfully disagree, but only because I’m not a fan of characters with the dress pieces, I understand why people do, but I myself don’t, but I reckon it’ll be easy enough to modify with a few little bricks

yep torso piece is same as 2010 version so the dress piece from that can be used, I know it isn’t the new mould, but for people that prefer the dress it’s better than nothing

Edited by harleydavid98

Back to that Whomping Willow leak, with there being a seemingly small section of Hogwarts presented, as well as a somewhat smaller Willow than expected (granted, we do not know what it looks like in its entirety, but given the branch we see, one can assume it's fairly small), does anyone think another building might be included? Perhaps #4 Privet Drive?

As I'm typing this I realize that house would probably come in its own set sometime down the road, perhaps in the Azkaban wave, but it stands to question whether or not more than the castle section and the tree may be included, given the supposed piece count. Obviously we'll just have to wait and see, but does anyone have any ideas?

Just now, zegodhand said:

Back to that Whomping Willow leak, with there being a seemingly small section of Hogwarts presented, as well as a somewhat smaller Willow than expected (granted, we do not know what it looks like in its entirety, but given the branch we see, one can assume it's fairly small), does anyone think another building might be included? Perhaps #4 Privet Drive?

As I'm typing this I realize that house would probably come in its own set sometime down the road, perhaps in the Azkaban wave, but it stands to question whether or not more than the castle section and the tree may be included, given the supposed piece count. Obviously we'll just have to wait and see, but does anyone have any ideas?

We already get the Willow, the Ford Anglia and part of the Castle, what more can you really expect to come for the price?

8 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

We already get the Willow, the Ford Anglia and part of the Castle, what more can you really expect to come for the price?

I did forget for a second about the car, but the piece count still seems high for those three items. I won't complain given those three, I'm just trying to make an observation.
Guessing since that's probably the case, the tree will be bigger than the branch makes it seem.

Just now, zegodhand said:

I did forget for a second about the car, but the piece count still seems high for those three items. I won't complain given those three, I'm just trying to make an observation.
Guessing since that's probably the case, the tree will be bigger than the branch makes it seem.

I hope so, if it’s smaller they may as well call it “Ford Anglia and the minuscule tree” I hope it’s large, at least large enough to hold a Minifigure (PoA tree scene)

43 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

yep torso piece is same as 2010 version

Not at all.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

Not at all.

Literally every photo of McGonagall shows the same torso from 2010, either it’s the wrong piece or you’re incorrect ?

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

Fake news. I’m just basing it off what figures aren’t in the Great Hall. :wink:

Just now, just2good said:

Fake news. I’m just basing it off what figures aren’t in the Great Hall. :wink:

Oh damn, it’s actual Just2Good ?, when’s ya Harry Potter CMF draft coming? I’m sure we’re all anticipating it! ?

22 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Literally every photo of McGonagall shows the same torso from 2010

Nope.

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

If ya say so, I’ll believe my own eyes over anyone else’s ?

I'll urge you to do the research before trusting your eyes on this one. :wink:

Just now, deskp said:

I'll urge you to do the research before trusting your eyes on this one. :wink:

? You don’t happen to have a better picture do you? The only ones I can see are blurred or small, all I can see looks exactly the same so I must not be able to see it properly ?

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

The sets are scheduled for August, not June...

Apparently Amazon France listed the HP sets for June 1st and FB sets for June 18th

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

Apparently Amazon France listed the HP sets for June 1st and FB sets for June 18th

That’s for the set reveals, not the release date for the sets