Robert8

Jurassic World 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

10 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

If that were a set I'd imagine it'd only contain Malcolm, Grant, The Lawyer and just the one car. Previous T-Rex sets in recent times have only had three or so minifig included and having the entire minifig of the Raptor set would diminish that one's value by quite a bit

You're right, plus even the carnotaurus set has three and only the indominus pushed it to four. I can see the set working out with one car and no kids if they focused on Rexy eating Gennaro. Or they could lose Tim and then print Lex in a muddy variant with maybe her cap if they can go for four again.

I'm hopeful that if we do see a new set, it will contain Malcolm, Hammond and Muldoon at a bare minimum. Those are arguably the most important characters we are yet to add to the collection, so I believe if we do have another set in the works, it will need to include them.

I could see the T-Rex chase sequence with Ian, Muldoon, and Ellie alongside the Gas Powered Jeep - with Hammond perhaps simply thrown in.

Who knows, though. All speculation at this point.

I just had a thought. I know that in February a Harry Potter designer said that the theme took some of Jurassic World’s budget or something, so could that be why the Carnotaurus is so oversized and they didn’t try to make a new medium sized theropod mold?

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just had a thought. I know that in February a Harry Potter designer said that the theme took some of Jurassic World’s budget or something, so could that be why the Carnotaurus is so oversized and they didn’t try to make a new medium sized theropod mold?

Totally possible. Though big molds like that are difficult, so it might have been like that either way. 

Honestly, I think that that statement was referring to the triceratops; it's been years since we saw one. It's totally possible that the moulds for the trike need to be replaced, but Harry Potter took away the budget so they had to make do with recolours of raptors and dilos. 

Here's we get triceratopses for JW3. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

7 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Does anyone think a Wave 2 is possible?

Several more brand new dinosaurs have been confirmed in TV spots.

I doubt it. I feel like we would’ve heard about a wave 2 by now and Lego doesn’t seem to do more than 1 wave for dinosaur sets. We got so many sets for this single wave that I don’t think we need a second one even though it would be nice. I hope 2021 brings us some herbivores, though. 

7 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Does anyone think a Wave 2 is possible?

Several more brand new dinosaurs have been confirmed in TV spots.

I feel like more sets are more likely to be released next year. It'd be cool if this became a sort of evergreen theme, that way we continue to get sets from past films before they have to promote the final movie in 2021. We already went up to eight sets this year, not counting the three juniors ones.

On 5/18/2018 at 1:41 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I doubt it. I feel like we would’ve heard about a wave 2 by now and Lego doesn’t seem to do more than 1 wave for dinosaur sets. We got so many sets for this single wave that I don’t think we need a second one even though it would be nice. I hope 2021 brings us some herbivores, though. 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:56 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I feel like more sets are more likely to be released next year. It'd be cool if this became a sort of evergreen theme, that way we continue to get sets from past films before they have to promote the final movie in 2021. We already went up to eight sets this year, not counting the three juniors ones.

I definitely think, taking both of your points into account, that a second wave is possible next year. We've had a lot more extended Media tying in with the LEGO this time around.

I definitely think Malcolm is coming at the very least.

My son came home with a Lego Jurassic World magazine yesterday, it includes a little set consisting of a small nest scene (with two eggs) and a baby raptor. 

Relatively unusual parts for a magazine build, he loves it. It's £4.50.

5 hours ago, ukaskew said:

My son came home with a Lego Jurassic World magazine yesterday, it includes a little set consisting of a small nest scene (with two eggs) and a baby raptor. 

Relatively unusual parts for a magazine build, he loves it. It's £4.50.

I got it ( set 121801 ) from WHS a few days ago. Not cheap but it does come with some parts I was after (baby raptor, eggs and leaf), so definitely worth it. One of the best ever 'free'-with-magazine sets.

Thanks to a jumper, you can easily place the terrain assembly and nest separately which is what I intend to do.

The build is very simple and you can work it out from the illustration. There are no instructions in the foil pack itself; they are in the magazine (p16).    

Edited by AmperZand

I just saw a picture of a small set, 70 pieces, that is basically just a Tyrannosaurus Rex on a small stand.  Does anyone know anything more about this?  How will it be available?

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I just saw a picture of a small set, 70 pieces, that is basically just a Tyrannosaurus Rex on a small stand.  Does anyone know anything more about this?  How will it be available?

There are only 500 available and only in Belgium apparently, as a competition prize/gift if you buy a Jurassic World set in store, according to https://brickset.com/article/36270/belgian-store-competition-reveals-rare-jurassic-world-set

Pretty frustrating for fans and collectors who are trying to get every Dino...

30 minutes ago, legozebra said:

There are only 500 available and only in Belgium apparently, as a competition prize/gift if you buy a Jurassic World set in store, according to https://brickset.com/article/36270/belgian-store-competition-reveals-rare-jurassic-world-set

Yeah, that stinks.

I'm so glad that it's just the carnotaurus colors and patterns printed on rex parts. If it was an actual film pattern like olive green or dull brown, or a scarred up Rexy, that would've sucked.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

It will be mine. I have to have them all! It sure is going to hurt the wallet though...

First post updated

----------------------------------------------

The super rare Dino looks great. I get why some fans are upset about this

That new T. rex looks incredible. The design looks awesome! I’m really mad that it’s an exclusive. I wish they would sell little sets like these for $20- they’d make a killing because kids would want the big dinosaurs, and the pedestals could imply that they’re a museum display. 

Agree on the above. My son loves the dinosaurs but isn't too fussed by the sets (apart from the t-rex transport they aren't particularly inspiring). Obtaining the different dinosaurs is prohibitively expensive as it stands, but weirdly it wouldn't seem so bad paying a large premium to buy the standalone dinosaurs.

He's effectively just spent £45 (his Christmas money) buying the Junior T-Rex set just to obtain the dinosaur. It's money well spent in a way as he absolutely adores it, but the rest of the parts have already gone back in the box.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:00 PM, ukaskew said:

Agree on the above. My son loves the dinosaurs but isn't too fussed by the sets (apart from the t-rex transport they aren't particularly inspiring). Obtaining the different dinosaurs is prohibitively expensive as it stands, but weirdly it wouldn't seem so bad paying a large premium to buy the standalone dinosaurs.

He's effectively just spent £45 (his Christmas money) buying the Junior T-Rex set just to obtain the dinosaur. It's money well spent in a way as he absolutely adores it, but the rest of the parts have already gone back in the box.

Exactly! They could sell T. rex figures with a minifigure and a small side build or pedestal like this set for $20 and make a huge profit. Kids would definitely buy them!

I think, as much as we would all enjoy sets like these more frequently, the Jurassic license will stay to the film releases.

It's a shame, as there is a lot of potential, but the designers have done what they could to bring us brand new dinosaurs this time around and we should be grateful. The Carnotaurus, for example, is awesome.

I am eagerly awaiting news on how UK fans can acquire their T-Rex! 

So Lego released a small video of the T-Rex with what some are saying is the interior of the visitors centre behind it. To me it looks like Lockwood estate but there are some differences. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Comparing to the visitor centre interior there are some similarities like the brown balconies and supports for the ceiling, however this still looks very similar to the Lockwood set, maybe it’s just a custom job for the photo? 

Edited by Whovastron

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

So Lego released a small video of the T-Rex with what some are saying is the interior of the visitors centre behind it. To me it looks like Lockwood estate but there are some differences. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Comparing to the visitor centre interior there are some similarities like the brown balconies and supports for the ceiling, however this still looks very similar to the Lockwood set, maybe it’s just a custom job for the photo? 

It's a modified version of Lockwood Manor. Same door. They swapped the first floor windows with the stickered display cases and swapped the white railing for the brown.

Edited by strangely

Some pretty decent discounts online in the UK for these already, wasn't expecting that whilst the film was still on release. Managed to get at least 25% off a number of sets this morning.

6 hours ago, strangely said:

It's a modified version of Lockwood Manor. Same door. They swapped the first floor windows with the stickered display cases and swapped the white railing for the brown.

I thought the same at first, but if you compare images of the two they look very different in overall construction, with the doors being the exception

I think what is actually the case is that it’s a new building built from the same pieces, not just a modification

Edited by Whovastron