Klaus-Dieter

2018 Creator Sets

In the catalog, it’s called « modular ». So it should be more like mid-2017 or early-2018 Creator modular builds.

Edited by sebitsena

2 hours ago, Doom2099 said:

Oh please let 31077 fit in with these nicely!  It's been so nice to have mini modulars from Creator these last few years.  Can anyone confirm if this is carrying on in the tradition we've seen, or is it more like the early 2018 sets?

This was my first thought when I heard about the pastry shop too. Having seen the picture though I'm afraid it doesn't really look as if it will fit in very well with those buildings. It looks more like a beach side ice cream shop rather than a pastry/cake shop as the title would suggest. It looks very brightly coloured and is in the new modular style similar to the recent skate house and ski lodge released at the start of January.

7 hours ago, Doom2099 said:

Oh please let 31077 fit in with these nicely!  It's been so nice to have mini modulars from Creator these last few years.  Can anyone confirm if this is carrying on in the tradition we've seen, or is it more like the early 2018 sets?

As others have noted, from the (fuzzy) photo - it looks more like the so-called "Modular" Creator houses and buildings (i.e. a collection of pre-built walls and ceilings which can be rearranged for different builds). It appears to have an open-back and minimal bricks - instead mainly consisting of large doors, windows and stairs.

Looking at the catalogue, 31077 is listed beside the the recently released modular skate house. The box dimensions are also listed as being the same as the skate house so my guess is that this one will be within the same price range and have a similar piece count to the skate house even though judging from the low quality catalogue pic it does look a bit smaller.

The guy who originally pointed out these leaked sets referred to this set as the "modular pastry house" in the catalogue it is listed as  "Pastelería modular Surpresas  Modulares  Doces". According to google this translates roughly as "modular sweets". So I think the English name for this set will end up being "modular sweet shop" or something like that. It certainly looks like a sweet/candy or ice cream shop judging by the picture more so than a pastry shop.

19 hours ago, Doom2099 said:

I still rue not having bought either of these two sets, and the Diner seems to be going out of stock where I live without going on any deep discount sales..

At least I managed to grab a Treehouse Adventures at 50% off.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:08 AM, LegoCube said:

I am still new and casual AFOL, so I actually do not have specific use for this. But it does look interesting:

https://brickset.com/parts/6199908/plate-1x3-w-2-knobs

I am hoping this part will appear in another set, because I do not need the bright yellowish green color in my limited collection, right now.

edit: sorry for double post :(

That 1x3 plate with 2 centered studs (and underside allows you to place in in half-stud positions, i.e. centered over 2 studs) is also in 10402: Fun Future, in blue. It doesn't seem to be in stud.io yet. 

I’m not sure if this is already said but the 31078 Treehouse seems to have a pirate themed alternative build although the image in the leaked catalog is low quality...

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’m not sure if this is already said but the 31078 Treehouse seems to have a pirate themed alternative build although the image in the leaked catalog is low quality...

Yes you are right. In fact looking closer it looks to me as if the main tree house build is also pirate themed as well. It appears to have a section that looks like the front of a ship with a flag hanging from it. There is also what looks like a treasure chest and a crows nest on top of the house. It's almost impossible to tell for sure because the image is so pixelated, but I think the minifig standing on the treehouse is wearing a jolly roger pirate hat.

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Did you see it @Bricked1980, the other alternative build looks a bit like a pirate ship...

Yes I've been looking at the image again. You are right, well spotted. I hadn't paid that set much attention before as I assumed it was just another creator tree house set. This one looks more interesting though and all the builds look as if they have a pirate theme.

The main build looks like a kids play/tree house with pirate inspired play features. The second set looks like a typical pirate set with giant brick built skull face guarding a treasure chest. I wasn't sure about the third one as the image is so pixelated but I think you are right, it looks like as small ship or maybe a shipwreck.

Obviously the main tree house is supposed to represent a modern playground or back garden scene of children playing at being pirates. I'm not sure about the others though. Are the 2 alternate builds supposed to be legitimate lego pirate sets or just pirate styled playground equipment again?

If they are proper pirate models then that is gonna make a lot of pirate fans including myself very happy.

Edited by Bricked1980

Over on Instagram under the hashtag #legoleaks, there are better close up images of catalog preliminaries for the rollercoaster, yacht, and pastry shop sets.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram under the hashtag #legoleaks, there are better close up images of catalog preliminaries for the rollercoaster, yacht, and pastry shop sets.

Thanks for pointing this out. Just found them, they do look better than the blurry leaks we'd seen up to now. I couldn't find them at first but I added "2018" to the seacrh term you suggested and they came up straight away.

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks for pointing this out.

The same Instagram user now has a catalog preliminary of the stunt show set too.

Thank you very much for the info, @Digger of Bricks! :classic:

If TLG released the rollercoaster exactly like in the prelim, then the rollercoaster would imo be one of the best sets ever! With its many underwater and over water details, it's really a masterpiece of work!

The yacht really grows on me - esp. all the nice details on the beach.

I'm no big cars fan, so the monster truck show is for me not that interesting, but for sure a nice addition to a fairground.

In contrast, the pastry shop is with its missing second floor (a terrace doesn't count) and the useless stairs and additional stuff on the right side very disappointing.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

the pastry shop is with its missing second floor (a terrace doesn't count) and the useless stairs and additional stuff on the right side very disappointing

I completely agree. It basically seems to be a few plates, a set of stairs, a big, curved window and a door. So very different from the incredible Creator buildings of old!

I think the Yacht looks as if it will be a pretty decent set. The secondary builds look pretty good as well although it's still difficult to tell much info from small pics.

@Klaus-Dieter and @Agent 86 I agree with your comments about the Pastry shop, Candy shop or whatever it's called. I really did have high hopes that this might be a continuation of the line that gave us the Corner deli, Bike shop and cafe etc but it definitely doesn't look as if this is the case. It looks like a cross between a Friends and a Juniors set. :sceptic:

I hate to criticize Lego sets as this will probably be a great one for kids but I think the "Modular" system that they've started to incorporate in to recent Creator buildings, ends up making the designs look awkward and clunky, certainly not as good as some of the buildings we've had in the past.

I actually don't believe TLG is going to give us the quality of Corner Deli, Bike Shop, etc., for some time.  The latter sets have been extremely disappointing, IMO.  The coaster looks awesome, despite that, but it's not really in the same vein as the buildings.  Depending on price, I will probably pick up more than one.  The Yacht looks like a good build, it looks like a "real" LEGO yacht... just don't know that I'm personally interested.

31077 - 396 pcs;

31078 - 260;

31083 - 597;

31084 - 923;

31085 - 580.

Edited by dimaks13

Do we know from the leaked information what color the coaster tracks in the Creator coaster will be?

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Do we know from the leaked information what color the coaster tracks in the Creator coaster will be?

The look grey. Same as the ones featured in the City Mining set 601881

On 4/16/2018 at 7:09 AM, jonwil said:

The photo I've seen has red tracks with (at least) 2 two-tone blue trains, each with three cars. The superstructure appears to be white with light-bluish gray connections.

42 minutes ago, CDM said:

The photo I've seen has red tracks with (at least) 2 two-tone blue trains, each with three cars. The superstructure appears to be white with light-bluish gray connections.

This is the big Creator Expert Coaster with the image that has leaked today. I assumed @jonwil was asking about the Creator 3in1 Pirate Roller Coaster, due out in the summer which has got grey track.

It seems that by the time these 2 sets have been released we will have tracks in red, grey and the purple ones from Joker Manor.

Even though the pirate roller coaster is obviously much smaller  I bet it would still look good alongside the bigger roller coaster and other expert fairground sets. I would love to own all these and make up a massive fairground display.