Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Anyways, I’m not sure if the Mickey farm set is already revealed or not but there should be a sheep in it. 

Alison, not very sure if that sheep is more Disneyified or just regular System tho.

I absolutely love the baby animals and the adult male lion. Fantastic stuff.

The adult elephant mostly looks good, and it's nice for everything to share a design aesthetic, but those huge flat sides are a bit too huge and flat for me. The total lack of articulation (possibly including the head) is also disappointing, even if it was expected after the mammoth. A slight walking pose from a front leg might have been preferable for some dynamism.

I actually find myself loving the 4+ lion set, those animals are amazing! I was already planning on getting the monkey set too because it is so small, but don’t have enough money/space for the elephant set. 

Is there going to be another safari set that’s an exclusive? Because if so I expect the lioness from last year will be reused. 

Will definitely get the elephant set and lions. Very good to see sets like these made available and certainly hoping there will be another exclusive, larger set with a couple more new animals (giraffe/hippo/rhino/zebra/gazelle). Hopefully this is not a one-off subtheme like Farm and Wildlife Rescue will become a staple part of City each year (with Amazon and Australia still to come)!

5 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Is there going to be another safari set that’s an exclusive? Because if so I expect the lioness from last year will be reused. 

There should be a largest set (not 60302) and, also, there should be a polybag.

Well, the Safari Off-Roder is a $20 medium set is easy to get lioness...

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

There should be a largest set (not 60302) and, also, there should be a polybag.

Well, the Safari Off-Roder is a $20 medium set is easy to get lioness...

The white jeep with the lioness is a set I’ve had my eye on for a while, even before it was confirmed we were getting those other sets. I just thought if there is another safari set we probably won’t get any new animals and will just get copies / reprints from other sets. 

Also it’s strange but I think I prefer the 4+ lion set to the white jeep, the red and tan off-roader has a nice colour scheme imo  and also uses no stickers. Hopefully the 4+ set is reduced by the end of this year so I can pick up that glorious lion 🦁 

Ooh, so the largest set has

- recoloured  adult elephant (light blue grey, and with longer tusks) 🐘

- whole lion family (white male with blond mane, tan lioness, and one each of tan and white cubs) 🦁🦁🦁🦁

- two monkeys which seem to be in light tan 🐒🐒

- and, that looks like it might be an eagle on the top of the tree too 🦅 (blurry pic, but seems to be *something*)

8 nice critters in one set 🙊🙊🙊🙊

Edited by williejm

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The largest City set has been revealed too and it includes an elephant bull plus a grey (?!) male lion :laugh:

More or less what I expected with one elephant and several lions. Make no sense with a grey lion so I think it is something strange with the picture, could it be white :wacko: It definitely looks like it is has a different colour on the mane as well!
It looks to be a eagle in the tree or could it be a new vulture mould? And one monkey from what I can see..

Just now, Roebuck said:

More or less what I expected with one elephant and several lions. Make no sense with a grey lion so I think it is something strange with the picture, could it be white :wacko: It definitely looks like it is has a different colour on the mane as well!
It looks to be a eagle in the tree or could it be a new vulture mould? And one monkey from what I can see..

Look closer. 🐵

Think the white lion (while not ‘usual’) is a clever recolour, since there are famous wild white lions in South Africa, and it’s a nod to the Kimba cartoon (which many think was ripped off by Lion King)

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

I think that the white lion is supposed to be Kimba (the story that inspired Disney's The Lion King)

What he said ⬆️

Just now, williejm said:

Look closer. 🐵

The picture is so small :tongue:

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

Ooh, so the largest set has

- recoloured adult elephant (light blue grey, and with longer tusks) 🐘

- whole lion family (white male with blond mane, tan lioness, and one each of tan and white cubs) 🦁🦁🦁🦁

- two monkeys which seem to be in light tan 🐒🐒

- and, that looks like it might be an eagle on the top of the tree too 🦅 (blurry pic, but seems to be *something*)

8 nice critters in one set 🙊🙊🙊🙊

That many? :sweet:*huh*:wub_drool:
Is not the elephant the same colour in both sets?

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The picture is so small :tongue:

That many? :sweet:*huh*:wub_drool:
Is not the elephant the same colour in both sets?

Elephant does seem to be the same colour. My bad. 
monkey wise, there’s one on the left of the treehouse ‘s and one on the right on the tree by the 🦅

New Disney set has a Mickey/Donald Farm theme, hmm, looks like 4+ , but it has a moulded sheep (and a white rabbit/tan horse)

Edited by TeriXeri

The monkeys look recolored too. Tan rather than Dark Tan. It does look like the eagle mold with a brown head, so as to not make it the American bald eagle. White male lion, a reuse of the female, one white cub, one tan cub. The only thing it doesn't seem to have is the ubiquitous frog, or snake (we ever going to get that in tans or browns?).

The Disney farm set has just leaked! Sheep! And a Tan horse in something cheaper than the Medieval Blacksmith set.

1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

New Disney set has a Mickey/Donald Farm theme, hmm, looks like 4+ , but it has a moulded sheep.

Excellent :thumbup: 2021 has to be one of the best years so far in terms of new animal moulds :wub:

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

The monkeys look recolored too. Tan rather than Dark Tan. It does look like the eagle mold with a brown head, so as to not make it the American bald eagle. White male lion, a reuse of the female, one white cub, one tan cub. The only thing it doesn't seem to have is the ubiquitous frog, or snake (we ever going to get that in tans or browns?).

The Disney farm set has just leaked! Sheep! And a Tan horse in something cheaper than the Medieval Blacksmith set.

Omg - the sheep looks ‘normal’. This is great. What an expensive summer!

oddly the ‘bald’ eagle would be kinda fine in an African context - it’s not far off the African fish eagle which has a white head. 

Looks like now is the time to buy multiples of the Safari Off-Roader set to build up a nice pride. I already have the dark tan lioness I got from B&P.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

Looks like now is the time to buy multiples of the Safari Off-Roader set to build up a nice pride. I already have the dark tan lioness I got from B&P.

Isn’t the ‘dark tan’ one the puma?

29 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

New Disney set has a Mickey/Donald Farm theme, hmm, looks like 4+ , but it has a moulded sheep (and a white rabbit/tan horse)

What is going on here now, is Disney sets giving me animal moulds I can use *huh* I had a small hope when I read sheep in the set description some time back, but it is Disney so was expecting something closer to Friends animals. However from what I can see from the small picture it looks good to go with minifigs, and the horse/rabbit is a nice bonus as well. Even a small HP set with the brown owl popped up :wub: I am starting to wonder if I am dreaming because this is almost to good to be true :grin_wub:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What is going on here now, is Disney sets giving me animal moulds I can use *huh* I had a small hope when I read sheep in the set description some time back, but it is Disney so was expecting something closer to Friends animals. However from what I can see from the small picture it looks good to go with minifigs, and the horse/rabbit is a nice bonus as well. Even a small HP set with the brown owl popped up :wub: I am starting to wonder if I am dreaming because this is almost to good to be true :grin_wub:

There is a production pic of multiple of the new sheep circulating around the 'gram which offers a more close-up and detailed look at the sheep (one pic with the two new male lion colours as well)

Maybe we will get that dual moulded sheep in different colour combinations in the next normal cmf (tan and dark tan/white and tan for example or black and dark tan for the face). They could also recolour Bo Peeps staff in medium nougat or reddish brown. The mould for the staff is still in production as it reappeared in the summer city line (although sadly not recoloured)

6 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

There is a production pic of multiple of the new sheep circulating around the 'gram which offers a more close-up and detailed look at the sheep (one pic with the two new male lion colours as well)

I do not have Instagram, but they usually let me have a look at the newest pictures, unless they "know" something good has leaked then they will not let me in :facepalm:

It looks like the designers have spent their time well at the home-office designing and including animals moulds :grin_wub:

1 minute ago, williejm said:

Poly bag has leaked, small fan-boat, minifigure and one monkey 🐒

Was almost sure it would include the cub :shrug_oh_well: