Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

It’s odd that T-rex will be recolored in dark blue and black.  But it’s nice to have some prehistoric creatures in colorful - light or dark! Stegosaurus will have sandy/cream color scheme. 

Looks like the Maleficent 18+ diorama is now a minidoll set, so the horse is probably a minidoll one as well :hmpf_bad:
Another set that is altered a lot from the survey and another set that had a horse that lost it.
So then the only set with a horse this year is the HP one (maybe one in LOTR?), compared to the abundance of horses in Lego sets from 1984 and many many years after that it's crazy how rare they have become the last decade

A Dreamzzz set that just got revealed (or leaked) comes with a new dual-moulded bird in black and trans-pink! Not super useful for other settings, but it may show up in other colour combinations :laugh:

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A Dreamzzz set that just got revealed (or leaked) comes with a new dual-moulded bird in black and trans-pink! Not super useful for other settings, but it may show up in other colour combinations :laugh:

The mould looks really cool! Seems like it would work well as a realistic raven/crow if it was recoloured and given the standard eye print (maybe next year?)

Looks fantastick, hopefully City, CMF or similar will give us one with more useful colors 🥳

Maybe the bird in HP is moulded after all *huh*

Crows/ravens, cool! Now only in all black please! 
and next year please pigeons. We need lots of pigeons. As for other birds we need, maybe geese (for in parks and castle stuff), vultures, kingfishers, herons/storks/crane, hummingbirds and a dodo. 

What's the four-legged creature that comes with the new Dreamzzz sets? Looks like a separate body with a minifig head on and he bat ears hairpiece. Is that body new and could work with other moulded heads to produce different animals? Maybe different dog breeds or baby big cats? Certainly interesting to go for multi-part moulded animals at that scale.

Doesn´t look to me like it would work with a dog, you could surely use it but I am afraid it would just end up looking strange.

54 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

What's the four-legged creature that comes with the new Dreamzzz sets? Looks like a separate body with a minifig head on and he bat ears hairpiece. Is that body new and could work with other moulded heads to produce different animals? Maybe different dog breeds or baby big cats? Certainly interesting to go for multi-part moulded animals at that scale.

The piece is fairly new but is in Dreamzzz sets already. It is not really usable for making dogs or cats

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks fantastick, hopefully City, CMF or similar will give us one with more useful colors 🥳

Maybe the bird in HP is moulded after all *huh*

That’s my thought. Pretty crazy that there’s a Harry Potter set that apparently has a side build of a couple of pumpkins and a crow and now there’s a crow/raven mold in Dreamzzz. I’m going to manage my expectations though, since it wouldn’t be the first time that Dreamzzz has made a mold perfect for what Harry Potter is doing but the designers didn’t make use of it because they didn’t know it existed (there isn’t total and complete communication between design teams from what I can tell). 

Can’t wait for the new corvid to show up in straight black though, that’ll definitely be useful. 

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

(there isn’t total and complete communication between design teams from what I can tell).

Definitely not, on the inside tour in 2019 I showed 2 well known designers a pictures of the thestral that came in 2018 and they apparently had not seen it and was impressed with the mould:laugh:
I was a Lego designer I would probably go around every week and ask the other themes if they where working on some new animal moulds :tongue:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

it's already out in the time tower set it should end up on PAB soon

Raven looks great, like said above hopefully we see it in all black soon.  

Edited by zoth33

4 hours ago, Borex said:

Crows/ravens, cool! Now only in all black please! 
and next year please pigeons. We need lots of pigeons. As for other birds we need, maybe geese (for in parks and castle stuff), vultures, kingfishers, herons/storks/crane, hummingbirds and a dodo. 

We shall christen it the ‘Craven’, in keeping with the existing ‘Crocagator’ 

LOVE the new craven mould. Hope it’s not too long before we get it in all black. That said, I quite like the dual moulded trans pink, weirdly … 

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

it's already out in the time tower set it should end up on PAB soon

Raven looks great, like said above hopefully we see it in all black soon.  

That small animal body already on PAB I think. 

I’m little surprised that no one but me only talked about stegosaurus and now most of us just talk about fantasty raven piece….

anyway, I love that ramen mold! It would be perfect for City or CMF to have a realistic one! 

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

That’s Sneak.  It’s not new. 

9 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I’m little surprised that no one but me only talked about stegosaurus and now most of us just talk about fantasty raven piece….

Probably because we haven’t *seen* the stegosaurus yet!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, williejm said:

Probably because we haven’t *seen* the stegosaurus yet!

But we did talk about gorillas and red pandas before leaked images. :P i mean i get it everyone love realistic animals but I love aniamls in wide range - from realism, to fantasy, to sci-fi, to dinosaur, and to zombie/ghost….

Edited by Lion King

58 minutes ago, williejm said:

We shall christen it the ‘Craven’, in keeping with the existing ‘Crocagator’ 

LOVE the new craven mould. Hope it’s not too long before we get it in all black. That said, I quite like the dual moulded trans pink, weirdly … 

That small animal body already on PAB I think. 

Ok I couldn't remember if it was or not I know the small fig bodies are because I just ordered some for some more mushroom people.  

55 minutes ago, Lion King said:

But we did talk about gorillas and red pandas before leaked images. :P i mean i get it everyone love realistic animals but I love aniamls in wide range - from realism, to fantasy, to sci-fi, to dinosaur, and to zombie/ghost….

Well we did talk about the Stegosaurus in the Jurassic Park/World thread. Personally I don´t see much sense to discuss it in several threads so for me there is no reason to talk about it here, unless I would answer on an other post.

25 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Well we did talk about the Stegosaurus in the Jurassic Park/World thread. Personally I don´t see much sense to discuss it in several threads so for me there is no reason to talk about it here, unless I would answer on an other post.

Uh ok? 

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

lego-dreamzzz-71478-raven.png

As much as I really want the natural black version to come out soon, it is pretty nice that our first look at this mold is the half trans version. It lets us see a lot more detail that simply wouldn’t be visible in the marketing pics if the piece was fully black. Like, I love the fact that it actually has claws. 

I don’t think raven mold would show up in regular City set. But crows can show up in farm setting. 

I think ramen could be used for CMF to accompany figures, such as Odin or enchantress or grave digger. 

On 4/9/2024 at 4:24 PM, Black Falcon said:

As someone who doesn't normally read the Jurassic Park/World thread I welcome discussion about the Dinosaurs here since they are animals.  There are a lot of different forums/threads here and I'm sure many others like me mostly visit certain ones that cover subjects/themes we are the most interested in.  Occasionally something mentioned here might prompt one to go look in a different thread for more info.  I know for me there are 3 themes I rarely if ever even look at and a few others I only occasionally check out if something particular sparks my interest.

New Friends style animals - donkey (baby?) and leopard - in two new Encanto sets. Possibly more as one is Antonio's Animal Sanctuary. Brick Clicker has a video on YouTube with both of them pictured at around 9:30.