Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

11 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Have you got a picture of the other side of the 75935 one? The bottom one has a little black flash on his tail and I can't see from the photo whether the top one does too.

No, I just pulled those from the brickset reviews of each set. I noticed the tail, I think it would be like the marbling in parrots, no two are going to be identical. 

edit: try this and this.

Edited by rebelpilot

6 minutes ago, rebelpilot said:

No, I just pulled those from the brickset reviews of each set. I noticed the tail, I think it would be like the marbling in parrots, no two are going to be identical. 

edit: try this and this.

Interesting, it does indeed look as though the dog is exactly the same and the little black mark is marbling.

I’m pretty sure the red/brown huskies are the same, whilst allowing for the marbling. Trust me, I’m a dog person, and have at least half a husky at home 😜

Oh, finally! Bricklink is back, now I can check my list and add some animals if needed.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:52 AM, ShoelaceAglet said:

Printed the list and went through my stash. So many gaps! I gotta up my animal pieces game

Oh nice!

On 11/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, rebelpilot said:

Yeah, I think so too but you can pry my blue rabbits from my cold, dead hands :pir-laugh:

I just happen to own all those Patronuses and the penguin, not because I think they fit with the city animals but I just happen to have the associated Harry Potter sets and the penguin was on B@P :grin:

They should be the same dark orange, the lighting is different is these photos.

Haha, lol.
Nice that you own all Patronuses!
Thanx for the photos of Huskies.

Edited by cebelicamya

There is a squirrel (dark orange) in the next VIP add-on pack, per Brick Clicker's latest video. He also says it may be the last one, which is kind of a shame, as these were always a source for good parts and animals at a pretty low spend threshold.

25 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

There is a squirrel (dark orange) in the next VIP add-on pack, per Brick Clicker's latest video. He also says it may be the last one, which is kind of a shame, as these were always a source for good parts and animals at a pretty low spend threshold.

Maybe we will still get them just rebranded as Insider add-on packs.  No offense to Brick Clicker but his info isn't always 100% accurate.

41 minutes ago, karrit said:

No offense to Brick Clicker but his info isn't always 100% accurate.

This, and he even hedges his claim by saying that the pack is the last for 2023 and "potentially ever" (as opposed to saying anything conclusive). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

25 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This, and he even hedges his claim by saying that the pack is the last for 2023 and "potentially ever" (as opposed to saying anything conclusive). 

That said, "potentially ever" suggests that at the very least he's not aware of any scheduled for 2024. So maybe it is the end.

8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That said, "potentially ever" suggests that at the very least he's not aware of any scheduled for 2024. So maybe it is the end.

It could just be that information about the 2024 packs has not leaked yet. 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

It could just be that information about the 2024 packs has not leaked yet. 

It could be, sure, but unless this Brick bloke says something like this every year it suggests he at least has reason to be suspicious that the VIP packs are being abandoned.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

It could be, sure, but unless this Brick bloke says something like this every year it suggests he at least has reason to be suspicious that the VIP packs are being abandoned.

Since the VIP program has been replaced with the Insiders program there is no reason to continue the VIP pack branding going forward.  It would make sense that it should be changed to be called an Insiders pack for future releases.  Until there is other news regarding this I'll choose to be cautiously optimistic for a rebrand rather than discontinuation.

17 minutes ago, karrit said:

Since the VIP program has been replaced with the Insiders program there is no reason to continue the VIP pack branding going forward.  It would make sense that it should be changed to be called an Insiders pack for future releases.  Until there is other news regarding this I'll choose to be cautiously optimistic for a rebrand rather than discontinuation.

I'll be continuing my hopeless optimism too - especially since the VIP packs don't seem to be all that frequent, so it's possible that there just isn't one planned for the first few months of 2024.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I'll be continuing my hopeless optimism too - especially since the VIP packs don't seem to be all that frequent, so it's possible that there just isn't one planned for the first few months of 2024.

They ran out of ideas what items to place in those packs! LOL

They should put items in there that are most wanted, like specific-colored helmets and air tanks to make some classic space figs. The LBG helmet and tanks are harder to find now.

6 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Castle pack, City pack, Space pack, Ninjago pack, Monkie Kid pack, etc! 

9 hours ago, hikouki said:

They should put items in there that are most wanted, like specific-colored helmets and air tanks to make some classic space figs. The LBG helmet and tanks are harder to find now.

I'd much rather see animals and vegetation than space helmets! Give me trees and brightly coloured leaves (cypress tree my beloved, come back to me!)

The white horse without bridle (Pegasus) is available on B&P! 

Now let's hope it will still be available on saturday for VIP Weekend...:hmpf:

4 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I'd much rather see animals and vegetation than space helmets! Give me trees and brightly coloured leaves (cypress tree my beloved, come back to me!)

Somehow if we get a Cypress tree back I doubt it'd be in a polybag like those VIP packs—those are some big parts!

9 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Somehow if we get a Cypress tree back I doubt it'd be in a polybag like those VIP packs—those are some big parts!

True - though I don't think anyone here would say no to Lego making VIP packs with bigger bags, especially since it would mean that larger animals could be included in VIP packs too.

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

The white horse without bridle (Pegasus) is available on B&P! 

Now let's hope it will still be available on saturday for VIP Weekend...:hmpf:

The new koi print is already sold out :hmpf: The horse is more expensive, but the orca is selling like crazy and cost a lot more then the horse so I do not think that will help.. I must say people are impatient if they order big orders now only a few days before the insider weekend :def_shrug: 

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The new koi print is already sold out :hmpf: The horse is more expensive, but the orca is selling like crazy and cost a lot more then the horse so I do not think that will help.. I must say people are impatient if they order big orders now only a few days before the insider weekend :def_shrug: 

They likely fear that it will be sold out by then, and that fear might just be the reason why they will be sold out in the end - that and resellers.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

40603 Wintertime Carraige Ride GWP photo is on Reddit Legoleak sub and it does indeed contain a moulded horse, in dark orange.

Was a nice surprise was worried it might get brick-built, It depends on the GWP limit if I will go for it:sweet:

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That is not a new colour or print, BTW. 

True. But nice to get in a GWP.

Also, we'd been talking about whether it would be moulded or a brick-built creator one, so nice to see it being moulded.