Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

33 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I just got back to thread from two crazy busy days this week. Uhhh, i know there if Afghan dog in CMF S25 but what animal we will get in winter wave?

The City set descriptions seem to suggest mainly Space, Police and Fire, plus some Racing. I can’t see the Space sets having any animals and the others all suggest they will be in an urban City environment so I doubt anything too exotic in terms of new animals.

My hopes would be the Fire Truck with Lifeboat or the Police Prison Island could contain sea lions or the Ambulance and Snowboarder could include an Arctic version of the hare. Perhaps some forest creatures could feature if the fire sets are based outside the City limits or possibly pigeons if everything is very City-centred? 
Hopefully the summer wave will be themed in a wilder environment - preferably safari again to fill the giraffe/zebra/hippo/rhino void I’d like to see represented. If not, possibly rainforest or Outback.

I guess there is always the possibility of Lunar New Year sets including a Panda at some stage?

Edited by lifeinplastic

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

The City set descriptions seem to suggest mainly Space, Police and Fire, plus some Racing. I can’t see the Space sets having any animals and the others all suggest they will be in an urban City environment so I doubt anything too exotic in terms of new animals.

My hopes would be the Fire Truck with Lifeboat or the Police Prison Island could contain sea lions or the Ambulance and Snowboarder could include an Arctic version of the hare. Perhaps some forest creatures could feature if the fire sets are based outside the City limits or possibly pigeons if everything is very City-centred? 
Hopefully the summer wave will be themed in a wilder environment - preferably safari again to fill the giraffe/zebra/hippo/rhino void I’d like to see represented. If not, possibly rainforest or Outback.

I guess there is always the possibility of Lunar New Year sets including a Panda at some stage?

Oh, there is no news about other animal molds - just specuation / wishlist?

I am not sure if others are talking about RUMORED animal molds showing up in City. I know there are goat and Afghan hound in CMF seires 25. 

32 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Oh, there is no news about other animal molds - just specuation / wishlist?

I am not sure if others are talking about RUMORED animal molds showing up in City. I know there are goat and Afghan hound in CMF seires 25. 

Sorry - just speculation from me! The only thing I heard was that the HP Hagrid’s Hut set will include his dog, Fang. No idea if that is fact or just speculation though!

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, the size was the reason I figured something like a kangaroo wouldn't work in a CMF like a koala. Again, not saying it's impossible for them to come up with a set to contain a kangaroo, or that a set with a kangaroo wouldn't be appealing, just contrasting something that'd be easy to fit into all sorts of existing sets and themes like a new cat with something that'd have to have a set or theme more tailored to it.

I wouldn´t say that a Kangaroo wouldn´t fit inte a CMF. Sure a adult red kangaroo wouldn´t but there are kangaroos that don´t reach that size. and could actually fit in a CMF series. 

2 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Sorry - just speculation from me! The only thing I heard was that the HP Hagrid’s Hut set will include his dog, Fang. No idea if that is fact or just speculation though!

No worries at all! 

I completely forgot about Hagrid’s Hut - Yeah there is a rumor about Fang! If it’s true, I can’t wait!

There are 3 very promising set names from HP, however the theme has disappointed before in that regard :def_shrug:

I am sure City will include some even if the set names are not very promising, but they rarely are in the Winther wave :tongue:

2023 delivered new animals in sets with names that didn't necessarily suggest new animals including seals, police puppy, whale and bear cub.

Has anyone made a spreadsheet for all animal moulds existing across Lego standard system, friends & duplo? It would be a good way of tracking the gaps

This is a purely wishful thought - I really hope we would see a panda and its cub in Lunar New Year set. I feel it is a long overdue since the first ones were released in 2019 and that subtheme is floating around for some years now.  I know there was a BrickHeadz Panda set a few years ago but no MOLDED panda…

On other hand, Lego had budget to make a new rabbit mask. Just one new mold for Lunar New Year. So….next year will be Year of the Dragon. Not sure if there will be panda as they might make a new dragon mask (no European dragon mask from Series 18, mind you). 

That actually doesn´t seem that unlikely to me since Pandas are part of the Chinese Culture (and China thinks of all Pandas as their national property). They could aswell have the mould for the adult one in the budget of the Set and get help with the baby panda from CMF (obviously in that case it wouldn´t be the 2024 Lunar New Year Set)

9 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Has anyone made a spreadsheet for all animal moulds existing across Lego standard system, friends & duplo? It would be a good way of tracking the gaps

I have a list

Pics of a new Insider/VIP add on pack have surfaced with a winter theme (maybe December GWP?). I can only make out the usual orange squirrel, no other obvious animals.

59 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Pics of a new Insider/VIP add on pack have surfaced with a winter theme (maybe December GWP?). I can only make out the usual orange squirrel, no other obvious animals.

Strange that they give us the x-mas one now and that later :wacko: It looks OK, but it seem they have become less generous with animals in them of late :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I get less of a ‘winter’ vibe and more of a ‘camping/outdoors’ feel from it - admittedly cold weather outdoors, but still. Personally, I suspect we might have to wait for January for that one. 

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

They didn't release the winter one in the US last year, so I hope we get the new version this year.

They did release it last year. 

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Not in the US. The Winter Wonderland pack was available only in Europe as a VIP reward, not a GWP like all the others.

Winter Wonderland VIP Add-On Pack 40514 | Other | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop GB

That’s strange - I was pretty sure I saw it avaaible on lego website earlier this  year. Probably I miss rmemeber then. 

On 11/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

I have a spreadsheet.
I will post or send friends list as soon as i update it.

E7dgXBZ.jpg
xsnSyE1.jpg

Nice List, there are some animals there, I was not even aware they exist. The List doesn´t seem to be complete though, at least I can see some horses missing but I guess the List starts with animals introduced on a certain date?

17 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Nice List, there are some animals there, I was not even aware they exist. The List doesn´t seem to be complete though, at least I can see some horses missing but I guess the List starts with animals introduced on a certain date?

Thank you. Yes the list is made according to the newer moulds, so therefore there are no old moulds of horses, cats, rats, parrots ... etc...
It is a smaller list of city animals so i don't go bancrupt by collecting them. :) lol

Edited by cebelicamya

6 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I have a spreadsheet.

E7dgXBZ.jpg
xsnSyE1.jpg

Why did you have to post this??? Now I have to collect them all!!! LOL

Seriously, thanks for posting!!!

7 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I have a spreadsheet.

E7dgXBZ.jpg
xsnSyE1.jpg

Wow that’s amazing 👍