Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Posted (edited)

Love all the critters, but honestly am a wee bit surprised by the lack of actual jungle - especially when we have so many new foliage pieces these days 🤷🏽‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Is that morpho butterfly new?

Think it’s the existing one. But not easy to see clearly. 

12 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

The new animals do look great - I particularly like the olive crocs.

Lego slowly catching up with Playmobil!

p.s. I might stop moaning about that one day when Lego also has their own okapi, manatee and anteater families!

You might need to wait a few years 

Edited by williejm
Typo

55 minutes ago, williejm said:

Love all the critters, but honestly am a wee bit surprised by the lack of actual jungle - especially when we have so many new foliage pieces these days 🤷🏽‍♂️

Think it’s the existing one. But not easy to see clearly. 

You might need to wait a few years 

:cry2: I've already been waiting for several decades!

I agree about the actual absence of jungle-ness. Also, I think Johnny Thunder would struggle to find too many red pandas riding around on a quad bike!

Sorry if this is dumb but does tiger have stripes down its back?

14 hours ago, williejm said:

The animal habitat in the sets are great, but the sets are even more vehicle focuses that the last jungle wave. So I probably just get the animals of PAB if they are not so expensive there, however the January animals that popped up now are crazy expensive over 4$ for a chicken/hen and the rest are over 5 :pir-murder:
43254-1.jpg
76440-1.jpg?021100
Are the small sea creatures new in yellow and are the horse the same as last time or a new print?

Noticed Friends got beavers now, maybe City next then:wink:

On 5/1/2024 at 12:55 PM, DarrellBricker said:
2 hours ago, Roebuck said:
Are the small sea creatures new in yellow and are the horse the same as last time or a new print?

Noticed Friends got beavers now, maybe City next then:wink:

Always hard to tell with render - but seems to be the small sea life creatures in standard yellow.

Pretty sure the Abraxan horse is the existing one, just paired with different wing colours this time. 

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

the horse the same as last time or a new print?

It looks like the same one. A bit disappointing, but it does bring the part back to PAB. 

I sure hope we would have a Forest subtheme for City next year… I wannna beaver and fox.

23 hours ago, Lion King said:

Hard to tell from the photos we have seen, but my guess would be no - as the back has studs on, and I’m not sure they can print on that surface. That said, printing on animals is getting more complex - so who knows?

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

I sure hope we would have a Forest subtheme for City next year… I wannna beaver and fox.

I live on the outskirts of London and we have so many foxes living here. I had a friend from France visit and he was taking photos as if it was so unusual and my friends and I didn't know why it was so fascinating, as it it completely normal and expected to see foxes running about here. Hopefully foxes can also appear in a Lego City (urban) set too!

10 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I live on the outskirts of London and we have so many foxes living here. I had a friend from France visit and he was taking photos as if it was so unusual and my friends and I didn't know why it was so fascinating, as it it completely normal and expected to see foxes running about here. Hopefully foxes can also appear in a Lego City (urban) set too!

I think it's only a matter of time.  Hopefully a proper wolf mold also would be nice to have someday.  

On 5/2/2024 at 2:02 PM, Lion King said:

No; stonewars has a picture from above.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

I think it's only a matter of time.  Hopefully a proper wolf mold also would be nice to have someday.  

We don't get many wolves here! :laugh:

My current Top 10 wishlist is as follows:

• ANTEATER
  • GAZELLE
  • GIRAFFE
  • HIPPOPOTAMUS
  • LEMUR
  • LLAMA
  • SEA LION
  • SWAN
  • TAPIR
  • WOMBAT

including babies!

Edited by lifeinplastic

47 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

So which one of us is going to write to TLG about our severe wolf cravings?

I’m looking at @Roebuck :)

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

We don't get many wolves here! :laugh:

My current Top 10 wishlist is as follows:

• ANTEATER
  • GAZELLE
  • GIRAFFE
  • HIPPOPOTAMUS
  • LEMUR
  • LLAMA
  • SEA LION
  • SWAN
  • TAPIR
  • WOMBAT

including babies!

Nice list!! Here is mine:

1.) Wolf
2.) BisoN
3.) Giraffe
4.) Panda
5.) Walrus
6.) Narwhal 
7.) Rhino
8.) Ostrich 
9.) Moose
10.) Peacock 

When I was a kid, my great grandparents used to own a peacock as thier pet. I would love to see that beautiful creature in Minifigure Planet someday!

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

I’m looking at @Roebuck :)

No wolf is far down on my list so you have to do it yourself :tongue:
Nr 8:
91HAy77wHcL.jpg

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Nr 8:

I wouldn´t mind if they would bring those back though, together with the camel. ;)

Nr 8:

Wolf is absolutely at the top of the list, and has been for ages! You betray us, oh great leader 

Nr 8:

*gasp dramaitcally* You…you….betray us! :P

I’m pretty sure you want wolf for Castle….

Wolf, much like ravens, ducks, foxes, pigeons etc, seem such an oversight at this stage. Like, they could have been useful, or incidental in so many themes and sets. 

I would say it should be a given that they are introduced, and let us be more imaginative with our wishlists than having to hope for the most basic critters! 

17 hours ago, williejm said:

Wolf is absolutely at the top of the list, and has been for ages! You betray us, oh great leader 

:laugh: Wolfs are basically inbreed dogs at least here in Norway and we have plenty of dog moulds so not so interesting to me. Was not the first dog mould basically a wolf as well so what you guys really want is a updated mould :tongue:

17 hours ago, williejm said:

Wolf, much like ravens, ducks, foxes, pigeons etc, seem such an oversight at this stage. Like, they could have been useful, or incidental in so many themes and sets.

It is only a matter of time before we get a proper raven since dreamzzz gave us the mould now, time will tell if that reduce the need for a crow. However here we got the hooded crow and that are not so similar to a raven..

Agreed, it's almost a given we'll get a city-like version of the raven within the next year. I'm also be curious to see if they'll reuse the red panda mould for a raccoon?

26 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

I'm also be curious to see if they'll reuse the red panda mould for a raccoon?

Nah, red panda bodies are way too chunky compared to raccoons - not to mention that while they’ve both got striped tails, raccoons’ are much shorter and scrawnier. Besides, it would be a shame to get a raccoon without working hands like the monkey has. 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh: Wolfs are basically inbreed dogs at least here in Norway and we have plenty of dog moulds so not so interesting to me. Was not the first dog mould basically a wolf as well so what you guys really want is a updated mould :tongue:

Inbreed usually only happens when there are no other mates avaiable. That you say that would be normally to happen in norway actually surprises me since there is enough place for wolves to find other mates - especially since they can walk huge distances to find a mate and a new home.

Anyways, I don´t want to have an updated mould but one that clearly would look like a wolf and not another dog, which might not be the easiest task but is surely doable. Actually wouldn´t mind to get a sitting one aswell as a standing one, but I guess that is going to get even more unlikely to happen ;).

Eh, I don’t want a standard good old as a wolf… but we shall see, Roebuck the great leader.