Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

4 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

A little bit disappointing given the number of moulds available, even if they were just recolours I would have loved to get another cow/calf/horse/etc.

Understatement!

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Shocking 😮

Looks like there’s been an outbreak of bird flu and foot & mouth disease at the same time. I’m goatted.

We weren't expecting new moulds or anything, but at least one more animal of a larger size. I don't understand why you would have a kitten and not a cat. The story doesn't really work. If you have a ghost, your probably have a cow in that scene? Surely a town square needs a horse? I'm not saying all three of these, but at least one is fair and sensible.

Fortunately you can get all of these on Pick a Brick easily. And I'm pleased to get another colour of goat to add variety. It's a tinge of disappointment for me, rather than a deal breaker.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Fortunately you can get all of these on Pick a Brick easily. And I'm pleased to get another colour of goat to add variety.

PAB to the rescue! Is it safe to assume the goat here will be available on PAB in a few months since this isn't a licensed set?

Yes - the medieval village is a real disappointment. Let’s hope Lego aren’t so reluctant to give us a greater abundance of animals in the jungle sets for the summer.

5 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Yes - the medieval village is a real disappointment. Let’s hope Lego aren’t so reluctant to give us a greater abundance of animals in the jungle sets for the summer.

My hope now is that they are specifically loading the summer sets with animals, making ‘more animals’ more accessible to buyers than just huge exclusive sets. 

7 hours ago, williejm said:

My hope now is that they are specifically loading the summer sets with animals, making ‘more animals’ more accessible to buyers than just huge exclusive sets. 

You know you can get all the animals on  PAB.  Some are retired now unless they show up again in other sets like the sheep.  But the great white is on there, Orca, bears, seals, cows, horses etc.  So you don't have to buy the large sets if you just want the animals.  

Often there is a better deal to buy a set if it has enough animals if some of them are expensive on PAB..

9 hours ago, williejm said:

I am sure City will deliver, one of the few themes that can be trusted to give us animals on a steady pace the last years. After yesterdays MTS shock I have lost faith in Lego giving us any very to me interesting sets the rest of the year. However will be interesting to see the City jungle sets. D&D, LOTR, HP and the modular I expect to be average so maybe I can get some nice surprises instead :classic:

7 hours ago, zoth33 said:

You know you can get all the animals on  PAB.  Some are retired now unless they show up again in other sets like the sheep.  But the great white is on there, Orca, bears, seals, cows, horses etc.  So you don't have to buy the large sets if you just want the animals.  

Yes thanks - I’m aware. However that’s not how most people buy lego. What I meant was that it’s more accessible to more people to put animals in less pricey sets. 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Often there is a better deal to buy a set if it has enough animals if some of them are expensive on PAB..

Especially when discounted: that farm set was much more economical that way! 

I swear I saw an image (leaked or otherwise) of a 2024 set with a black butterfly that was not the one from the Botanic garden nor the one from the CMF mushroom guy. Is there such a thing or am I miss-remembering?

11 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I swear I saw an image (leaked or otherwise) of a 2024 set with a black butterfly that was not the one from the Botanic garden nor the one from the CMF mushroom guy. Is there such a thing or am I miss-remembering?

There is one in the family tree as well..

37 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There is one in the family tree as well..

Which is apparently based on the species Idea eleganoides, as featured in Filipino coins, via @tipsnbricks on insta.

Apparently in Filipino culture a butterfly in the house represents ancestors paying a visit!

I’d also add to the PAB comment that this only provides existing animals so no new moulds or re-colours (which would have been most welcome in the Medieval Village set)

I wonder if Lego will sell the goat in PAB and if they will allow it to be a 'bestseller'.

27 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I wonder if Lego will sell the goat in PAB and if they will allow it to be a 'bestseller'.

I reckon it will be on PaB and not bestseller at first, but could be changed to it later.

I'm not worried about the city sets. All the precedent within city points to them having lots of animals. It's just more of a surprise that the mediaeval set is so light on, even for existing animals.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:35 AM, Clone OPatra said:

I reckon it will be on PaB and not bestseller at first, but could be changed to it later.

I'm not worried about the city sets. All the precedent within city points to them having lots of animals. It's just more of a surprise that the mediaeval set is so light on, even for existing animals.

Yeah I wish it had a few more animals but I still think it's a great set.  Definitely getting one.  I mean the Viking village was light on animals too.  I've got plenty of animals if I need to put some in the set I will.  Just hoping the Goat and shield from that set end up on PAB along with all the new torso's from that set.  Can't wait to see photos of the city sets especially the red panda and gorilla.  

Tbh, they can do a lot in terms of animals with medieval sets, for example a Joust set could have more focus on horses + possibly new color, a dedicated medieval farm set could work as well.

Maybe since that Wolfpack torso got introduced , there could be some set with a Carriage to rob, that's another 1-2 possible horses.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, jonwil said:

Anyone spotted any new colors of frog for 2024?

Yes! There's gonna be an olive green one in the Harry Potter boathouse set! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah I wish it had a few more animals but I still think it's a great set.  Definitely getting one.

I think it's a good set too, but on the animal front it's a matter of not meeting several expectations.

First it's clearly inspired by / a semi-tribute to MMV, which had a good amount of animals.

Second the leaked prelim had a lot more.

Finally, a strong part of the feeling of mediaeval town and peasant scenes (whether based in reality or not) is lots of animals running around. I would've expected to at least see a bunch of chickens, a pig and piglet, etc.

So all in all, what's presented in the set is good, but it feels like animals are missing to really tie it together, and as a LEGO animal fan of course I would've liked to see more / in new colours or patterns too.

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

So all in all, what's presented in the set is good, but it feels like animals are missing to really tie it together, and as a LEGO animal fan of course I would've liked to see more / in new colours or patterns too.

Situation would probably be simpler if LEGO didn't decide to split Minifig and Minidoll variants of animals, like just this year Friends theme got 3 different goats, 2 calf, a pig, a pony, and constant updated horse variants (from static single color models not too long ago, to articulated necks and dual moulded manes) . 

On the other hand, as the situation is what it is, I can understand Friends horses, due to needing that 2x2 space to stand on, but for the other , smaller animals, it's a lot of doubling up different moulds and prints.

Edited by TeriXeri

Is there a new tiger mold for city’s Jungle subtheme this summer? 

It’s really nice to have Johnny Thunder’s comeback! 

I can’t wait to hear more about new animal molds, such as gorilla and her infant, red panda, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Is there a new tiger mold for city’s Jungle subtheme this summer? 

I think the rumour is just that the existing one is back, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

I think the rumour is just that the existing one is back, but I could be wrong.

That’s my exact thought here but we shall see. 

I would be more interested to see more stripes printed down tiger’s back even if it has studs on it.