Sign in to follow this  
alanyuppie

[MOC] Triple Changer Arcane transforms into a crane, and a crane

Arcane arrives!

This LEGO TF took me almost 2 months to complete .Arcane transform into a crane ,and *hic* ... a crane . The idea to make this guy came last year and it's been bugging me since , like a song that keeps repeating itself in my brain. 

I only managed to think of a name for him last week and to my suprise..... "Arcane" (despite being a pretty decent name for a Decepticon, on par with "Bludgeon" ) was NEVER used before in TF universe. 

Crane Mode

My prerequisite for building this mode was that it should have basic functionalities of a typical mobile crane... the boom is able to be raised in excess of 60 degrees and full rotation of the crane using the 4x4 turntable plate.  It's a pity LEGO has yet to produce a frictional turnable  with maybe steps of 22.5 or 11.25 degree  perhaps, as it would be very useful here for me.

b0026.jpg
b0051.jpg
b0003.jpg

Crane Mode :D

The slender legs of this bird are unable to sustain the weight of this MOC especially when the wings are spread further out. The tail helps alot here to ensure the following poses are possible:

d0136.jpg
d0146.jpg
e0153.jpg

Robot Mode

One of the last component to be built was the targetmaster chick. Before this I thought of making the weapon/gun to be concealed as extensions to the bird/crane's tail.... but then again buttmaster doesn't sound right. So it's scrapped.

g0011.jpg
h0253.jpg
h0273.jpg
i0300.jpg

NO. Its not a partsformer . Transformation doesn't require parts to be taken off.  I would say when it comes to building triple changer TF... Arcane is my tour-de-force. I am very satisfied with how the back kibble looks (thanks to the flexibility of crane neck allowing it to be tucked in fairly nicely on the robot mode's back)  . Another thing I enjoy doing  is "sculpting" a tight and lean abs for him. 

Drop by my blog to see more photos and how Arcane transform between modes! Thanks! =)
http://alanyuppie.blogspot.com/2017/05/lego-triple-changer-arcane-part-3-of-3.html

My days are numbered after this. So I instead of building unique LEGO TF from scratch.. I will be improving/upsizing my past LEGO triple changers .. starting with Springer & Broadside.

Lovely design and execution. A two-mode transformation is challenging enough, so adding that third mode on is commendable. Definitely one of the coolest builds I've seen this year.