MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Interesting. Is there a source to this? Hopefully we aren't get an ISD, we need another Cloud City. There are plenty of Star Destroyers, both Imperial and First Order ones, that have been released.

a few small stores around Europe has put up small bits of info here and there about 75181. Including that it will be a d2c and other stuff.

41 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well the sand Speeder pictures leaked...it’s so bland. In the image one of leaked pilots is shooting at a snake.

yup. lol.

but i like that there are those two leaked pilots in it. i'd probably get it for just them, and use the parts for something else ...

It looks like Nima outpost is in the background on the Sandspeeder set, is it confirmed this is EU (in which case lazy Lego) or is it possibly from TLJ?

Just now, markw said:

It looks like Nima outpost is in the background on the Sandspeeder set, is it confirmed this is EU (in which case lazy Lego) or is it possibly from TLJ?

i don't think the subtheme has been confirmed ... i do doubt that it is TLJ though ...

I actually really quite like that Sandspeeder set. It's a pretty good T-47 model, and it's refreshing to see it in a different colour than the usual white/grey we usually see in Airspeeders. The figures are nothing to shout about though, it would've been cool to have some named figures in there rather than some generic pilots, but since it's presumably an EU set and nothing out of the movies I imagine LEGO weren't able to put anyone named in that line-up.

The red helmet will allow us to make John Branon though. Ticking off Red Squadron one by one

latest?cb=20130306050016

Edited by markw

New printed cockpit, I really like the moisture vaporator and you get to fight a white snake!

I really like it  :wub:

I think it's based on a non-released redesign of a Kenner vehicle, Star wars enthusiasm was down because the OT was released so long ago, they wanted to scrap parts of already existing vehicles, mash them together and continue the Star Wars time line with their toys. Lucas art enventually refused and there we are.

Getting something this obscure is awesome haha. 

The series was called ''The Epic Continues'' and was supposed to be released in 1985.

Edited by RetroInferno

This has got to be from Rebels?  Typical of them to mine the EU. Reminds me of the proto B-wing in the Quarrie episode.

latest?cb=20131015220652

Lego are MANIACS

Definitly based on this

I can't even right now, the guys that tought about THIS are NERDS :wub:

Edited by RetroInferno

TLG Design meeting

Lead Designer - Guys, we’ve blown the design budget on the TLJ and new Falcon sets. What do we do?

Designer 1 - Release another Snowspeeder.

Designer 2 - We’ve done Luke’s Snowspeeder, Micro Snowspeeder, Insult on Hoth Snowspeeder, UCS Snowspeeder in the last 2 years!

Designer 3 - Paint it yellow and call it a sandspeeder...

Lead Designer- Sold

Edited by markw

Nima outpost appears in the back, and there's a crashed star destroyer so definitly Jakku.

Could be a vehicle used in battlefront 2 or they get back to Jakku in TLJ, but the inspiration is definitly from the Kenner prototype. 

I will say, theme wise it's lumped in with Yoda's hut,  theTatooine Battlepack, and the Jedi Battlepack as 'Classic' .

We know Unkarr Platt is in the Last Jedi, so maybe there are some scenes that take place on Jakku. And this might be one of them?

Sad that we don’t get a new cockpit mold after all these years. You’d think they’d do a scaled-down UCS style one.

I LOVE that moisture vaporator though!

Edited by ChristopherLee

15 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

We know Unkarr Platt is in the Last Jedi, so maybe there are some scenes that take place on Jakku. And this might be one of them?

The Sandspeeder is not a TLJ set. I'm 100% certain of that, based on the way that it was listed/described on shop sites.

Maby this sandspeeder is from Battlefront II?

1 hour ago, markw said:

It looks like Nima outpost is in the background on the Sandspeeder set, is it confirmed this is EU (in which case lazy Lego) or is it possibly from TLJ

I like the new sandspeeder a lot. More EU sets and comic-based sets! Should have included a third or fourth minifigure, however.

I am also disgusted that the Rebellion is going around shooting moisture evaporators. Some hard-working Lego moisture farmer needs those for moisture collection and the Rebellion is destroying their livelihood. Shameful.

Just now, Brickweiser said:

I like the new sandspeeder a lot. More EU sets and comic-based sets! Should have included a third or fourth minifigure, however.

I am also disgusted that the Rebellion is going around shooting moisture evaporators. Some hard-working Lego moisture farmer needs those for moisture collection and the Rebellion is destroying their livelihood. Shameful.

Only gives another reason for people to join the Empire! :thumbup: