Saw this on Ebay, despite the absurd asking price....the recolour looks superb.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Unique-Lego-Creator-Technic-8455-Pneumatic-Backhoe-Loader-recreated-in-blue-2017-/182476146585?hash=item2a7c6d0799:g:7uAAAOSw32lYulNW

$_57.JPG

I love the use of the Trans Dark Blue pnuematics and the swapping out of Yellow for Blue, and old Dark Gray for LBG....though i might have used DBG myself, seems logical to swap the old Dark Gray for the new DBG, but the choice above looks really good. Those TDB Pnematics parts could set you back €100 for 10 of them brand new. i still think its WAY overpriced though!

Also....the Trans Yellow #3941.....i might have tried Trans Dark Blue myself.

Edited by Richard Dower

Thank you for the mention, the 8455 in yellow used to be super collectible and very expensive.  It cost me quite a bit of money to get these parts together, not even mentioning the amount of time it took to arrange the orders and build this.  I won't build any more of these - that is for sure.  The reason I swapped some dark grey to light bluish is that the original yellow was overall lighter color than the blue, so the lbg helps to lighten it up.  In hindsight I should have ordered orange light, the blue light is just too over the top, trans light blue, perhaps?

Edited by nk4002r
typo

Look awesome in blue! Were did those blue pneumatic cilinders come from? Never seen those before... Is it from educational Lego?

I don't think the "seller" really wants to sell the item.  Sell price $600, shipping $60... You have got to be kidding me!

Just MHO, YMMV,

Andy D

4 hours ago, DrJB said:

Those trans-blue cylinders came from the 'Pneumatic Add-On' to MIndstorms, from Lego Education. Those cylinders are very pricey, hence the asking price for the eBay listing.

https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/pneumatics-add-on-set/9641

Thanx @DrJB!

@nk4002r: I can understand why you won't build another one ?... But I do admire the thoroughness of this recolouring mod. Well, apart maybe from that 1 leftover yellow light ;-)

I almost like the blue color more then yellow but yellow is more mainstream and would look much better in a construction diorama if your into that type of thing.

The nice things about these TDB pneumatic cylinders, apart from looking great, is IMO that you can actually see the piston movement. Because of that, it was much easier for me to explain for my kids how the pneumatics actually works. BTW, in 9641 (the educational pneumatic set mentioned above) you get 2 large TDB cylinders, 1 small TDB cylinder, 1 TDB hand pump, 1 TDB small pump for motor, 1 white air tank, 1 manometer and 3 pneumatic valves.

7 hours ago, kolbjha said:

The nice things about these TDB pneumatic cylinders, apart from looking great, is IMO that you can actually see the piston movement. Because of that, it was much easier for me to explain for my kids how the pneumatics actually works. BTW, in 9641 (the educational pneumatic set mentioned above) you get 2 large TDB cylinders, 1 small TDB cylinder, 1 TDB hand pump, 1 TDB small pump for motor, 1 white air tank, 1 manometer and 3 pneumatic valves.

Yes. that education set has alot of very unique parts....and quite pricey. I was trying to do the math for that 8455 recolour: brand new parts the pneumatcs, switches and hoses would set you back €200. But i still think $660 NZ Dollars is double what it should be, in terms of buying the parts and doing it yourself.

On 7/3/2017 at 7:17 PM, Rudivdk said:

Thanx @DrJB!

@nk4002r: I can understand why you won't build another one ?... But I do admire the thoroughness of this recolouring mod. Well, apart maybe from that 1 leftover yellow light ;-)

The Trans Yellow needs to go....either Trans Blue in Light,Medium,Dark would be better suited. I think the LBG colour actually really works well. I might have tried to use White axles on the back wheels.

Ide say stick with trans yellow. A blue JCB would still have a yellow or amber beacon in real life, unless its an emergency JCB! In which case you would need to recolour the rest of it to white or lime :laugh:

25 minutes ago, allanp said:

Ide say stick with trans yellow. A blue JCB would still have a yellow or amber beacon in real life, unless its an emergency JCB! In which case you would need to recolour the rest of it to white or lime :laugh:

Someone in for a new project??

5 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Someone in for a new project??

Ohh!...ideas!:grin:. i recently bought the manuals (second hand) for A and B on Ebay for €8. I have been buying in parts for that set for some time...i do plan to build the original myself at some point once i gather all the parts. Its the pneumatics that is tricky...and expensive!

Edited by Richard Dower

11 hours ago, allanp said:

Thanks - indeed, if you look at 8042: it uses blue vehicle with yellow light.  Possibly dark orange light would have been better just for the sake of change.

17 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

Yes. that education set has alot of very unique parts....and quite pricey. I was trying to do the math for that 8455 recolour: brand new parts the pneumatcs, switches and hoses would set you back €200. But i still think $660 NZ Dollars is double what it should be, in terms of buying the parts and doing it yourself.

The Trans Yellow needs to go....either Trans Blue in Light,Medium,Dark would be better suited. I think the LBG colour actually really works well. I might have tried to use White axles on the back wheels.

Selling this is a cost recovery operation, I've spent 600 euros in parts - mainly for this project, but I do have some left over parts.  But I don't think I have to justify the price to anybody.  This eBay auction is not for Eurobrick forum members, who make awesome mocks and frequently order large quantity parts.  It is for somebody who does not have the time to thinker with that.  For sure you might be able to build it for less, but how do you value your time?  It is a major logistics exersize to get the 700 parts and the right parts.  Factor in that I had to ship all BL orders to NZ, which adds significant postage costs.  After you've managed to build one, I doubt you'll be able to offer it on eBay for 50% of my asking price considering the eBay, Paypal fees and the risks associated with the site.  So please stop worrying about it.  If anything, I am a little unhappy that you've used my image without permission and listed this for others to copy my idea.  I didn't advertise it for sale here, so there is no need to comment on the price, if you don't want to buy it, close the auction page and it is gone!

Edited by nk4002r
typo

On 3/8/2017 at 3:11 PM, JJ2 said:

I almost like the blue color more then yellow but yellow is more mainstream and would look much better in a construction diorama if your into that type of thing.

Thanks.  How about a diorama with the 42042 crane?

4 hours ago, nk4002r said:

Thanks.  How about a diorama with the 42042 crane?

That would look cool, are the scales the same? I would like to get into construction MOC's and building terrain for them to be around but my wallet does not allow.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:39 PM, nk4002r said:

Thanks - indeed, if you look at 8042: it uses blue vehicle with yellow light.  Possibly dark orange light would have been better just for the sake of change.

Selling this is a cost recovery operation, I've spent 600 euros in parts - mainly for this project, but I do have some left over parts.  But I don't think I have to justify the price to anybody.  This eBay auction is not for Eurobrick forum members, who make awesome mocks and frequently order large quantity parts.  It is for somebody who does not have the time to thinker with that.  For sure you might be able to build it for less, but how do you value your time?  It is a major logistics exersize to get the 700 parts and the right parts.  Factor in that I had to ship all BL orders to NZ, which adds significant postage costs.  After you've managed to build one, I doubt you'll be able to offer it on eBay for 50% of my asking price considering the eBay, Paypal fees and the risks associated with the site.  So please stop worrying about it.  If anything, I am a little unhappy that you've used my image without permission and listed this for others to copy my idea.  I didn't advertise it for sale here, so there is no need to comment on the price, if you don't want to buy it, close the auction page and it is gone!

Its just my opinion...if anything i have promoted your MOC for free...if you have any issue with copyright or fair usage of images/links etc...please report this to the mods and they can deal with it.

2 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

Its just my opinion...if anything i have promoted your MOC for free...if you have any issue with copyright or fair usage of images/links etc...please report this to the mods and they can deal with it.

Thanks for the advert then.

4 minutes ago, nk4002r said:

Thanks for the advert then.

As for the #3941 part....try out Trans Neon Orange, i think that would work well. And the axles for the two back wheels....pretty sure you can find axels in White in the lengths you need....or, use a White bush:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3713&colorID=1&in=A

Edited by Richard Dower
typo

7 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

As for the #3941 part....try out Trans Neon Orange, i think that would work well. And the axles for the two back wheels....pretty sure you can find axels in White in the lengths you need....or, use a White bush:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3713&colorID=1&in=A

Thanks, certainly will, I've already got that one on order (also in blue just for the fun of it) - because I was missing some blue lift arms that I had to order as well.  Although most likely I won't change the model that is for sale.