Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

More characters confirmed!

Source: https://brickshow.com/2018/01/lego-collectible-minifigure-series-18-rumors/

Then the list so far goes as follows:

1. Blue Brick Suit Girl

2. Red Brick Suit Guy

3. Spider Monster Suit Guy

4. Fireworks Rocket Suit Guy

5. Elephant Suit Guy

6. Cake Suit Guy

7. Cactus Girl

8. Classic Sailor

9. Cowboy Costume

10. Party Girl with Balloon

11. Race Car Suit

12. ?????

13. ?????

14. ?????

15. ?????

16. ?????

17. ?????

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

More characters confirmed!

Source: https://brickshow.com/2018/01/lego-collectible-minifigure-series-18-rumors/

Then the list so far goes as follows:

1. Blue Brick Suit Girl

2. Red Brick Suit Guy

3. Spider Monster Suit Guy

4. Fireworks Rocket Suit Guy

5. Elephant Suit Guy

6. Cake Suit Guy

7. Cactus Girl

8. Classic Sailor

9. Cowboy Costume

10. Party Girl with Balloon

11. Race Car Suit

12. ?????

13. ?????

14. ?????

15. ?????

16. ?????

17. ?????

Cactus suit A+

cowboy could use another though it will likely be a little boy 

they all sound good except sailor but I could be wrong 

I think the Cowboy costume could be something like this

Image result for cowboy costume

The Sailor sounds kind of confusing to me. Could it be something like this?

Related image

Cactus costume pretty much guarantees new arm mould

Image result for cactus costume

Edited by Robert8

Hope for a native American kid to co with the cowboy.. Sounds like not everybody has a costume that is like corncob-, hotdog-, bananaguy :thumbup:, but looking bad for the animal moulds :sceptic:

The Cowboy and Sailor CMFs sound like they have the potential to be "normal" to some degree, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. :sceptic:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think the Cowboy costume could be something like this

Yeah, I'm afraid you just might be right about that. :hmpf_bad:

The cowboy and sailor scream YMCA lol.

The figs that interest me the most just by reading that list are: the brick figures, the spider suit and the cactus suit.

I hope for MOC-sake that the sailor and cowboy are pretty good reusable so the non-licensed cmf-lovers still have some good figs they can use.

34 minutes ago, Borex said:

I hope for MOC-sake that the sailor and cowboy are pretty good reusable so the non-licensed cmf-lovers still have some good figs they can use.

Perhaps the Cowboy will be something like @Robert8's design in his Series B. Now that I wouldn't mind. :classic:

Spoiler

37566841085_9c2348014c_b.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps the Cowboy will be something like @Robert8's design in his Series B. Now that I wouldn't mind. :classic:

Reveal hidden contents

37566841085_9c2348014c_b.jpg

Rodeo clown could work. I'm not to keen on yet another Sailor, as the traditional sailor was pretty well covered with the original CMF and the Bricktober variant. Still, might get a new hat piece, and the torso print could change my mind. Can't wait to see some actual pics.

I'm guessing the sailor will be female, just to avoid too much similarity to the two editions of the Series 4 Sailor. Cowboy sounds like it's not going to be too promising unless it's really different from the Western minifigures we already have.

I think the Cactus Girl is the only one I really am curious about. The others may be worthwhile, as well, I'll wait and see.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Sailor sounds kind of confusing to me. Could it be something like this?

Actually, according to the link you originally gave:

Spoiler

Classic Sailor (minifigure head is based on the classic, generic LEGO minifigures)

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cactus costume pretty much guarantees new arm mould

I wouldn't bet on it.  My guess is that the arms will not fit into the cactus in that way.

Just now, x105Black said:

I wouldn't bet on it.  My guess is that the arms will not fit into the cactus in that way.

If they want to be cheap/shortcut maybe penquin arms and a full body mould too?

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

I meant that the minifigure could have the cactus arms directly attached to the torso, instead of having regular minifigure arms, like the Chicken Suit, Shark Suit and Penguin Suit. 

And then, a mask/suit mold for the head/torso. 

So, the character would need 2 new molds: an arm piece (which can be used for both left and right arm) and a mask/suit piece

Edited by Robert8

I'll suggest that maybe the cactus 'arms' are more like handheld gauntlets that cover part of the arm, similar to this Ninjago piece:

28587pb03.png

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I meant that the minifigure could have the cactus arms directly attached to the torso, instead of having regular minifigure arms, like the Chicken Suit, Shark Suit and Penguin Suit. 

And then, a mask/suit mold for the head/torso. 

So, the character would need 2 new molds: a arm piece (which can be used for both left and right arm) and a mask/suit piece

Oh I got that, I just don't expect new arm molds.  I expect them to make a cactus costume mold that includes those pieces as 1 mold.  I'd prefer it, actually.

Thank you very much for the updated list, Robert8! :classic:

Apart from that I prefer regular series over themed ones, the minifigure selection sounds very promising!

Complete list has been revealed! (The list will be updated)

1. Red suit brick guy- in a red 4x2 brick holding a blue 1 by 1

2. Police Officer- old style cop holding a printed title with a lego set on it

3. Elephant suit girl- female wearing elephant suit wearing a tutu and holding a mouse 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Here are descriptions/names for all 17 of the coming LEGO Series 18 minifigures. One cool thing to mention, all of these come on an orange baseplate, not black as they typically do.

Red Suit Brick Guy – in a red 4×2 brick, holding a blue 1×1.

Police Officer – old LEGO style, exactly like the one in LEGO set 600. He’s holding a printed 1×2 tile picturing LEGO set 600.

Elephant Suit Girl – female wearing elephant suit, with a pink tutu and holding a mouse.

Rocket/Firework Guy – male wearing a rocket/firework that is blue, top of firework is red and his pants are dark grey. Star/explosion printing all over in yellow.

Red Dragon Suit Guy – cool looking red dragon suit with black spikes on his tail and horns. Red wings attach to the back. Your going to love the head mold, the dragon looks tough.

Birthday Cake Guy – guy in a birthday cake wearing a light blue suit, gold hat and bow-tie. Pink icing splattered print on his torso. No legs, all cake.

Race Car Guy – guy wearing a blue and white racers outfit as a molded red race car is attached between his torso and legs. Pretty cool look. Race car has a white fin and some printing on it.

Flower Girl – girl dressed as a dark pink flower. New mold that fits over her head with face coming through the middle of the flower. Green torso to match coloring of the stem. No legs, she attaches to a clay flower pot.

Blue Brick Girl – in a blue 4×2 brick, holding a red 1×1.

Blue Unicorn Knight – male dressed as a blue unicorn. lol. Comes holding a gold sword and a white shield with a white unicorn printed on it.

Orange Balloon LEGO Fan Boy – not a costume at all. Boy with short legs, green glasses. His torso is white but printed with light blue minifigure heads and a multi-color tie. He comes with an orange balloon and 2 LEGO Series 1 minifigure pack printed 1×1 tiles. Also comes with a printed birthday present. This one is going to be easy to feel for with all these accessories. He is wearing shorts using a multi-tone colored legs.

Spider Suit Guy – could actually be female, can’t tell. All black suite with white spider web printing on torso.Head mold has 4 molded and printed spider eyes on top of head. Also two fangs colored dark grey molded into head piece. Comes holding a black spider and an eight-legged mold attaches to back of figure.

Purple Balloon Girl – the compliment to the Orange Balloon LEGO Fan Boy. However, this girl doesn’t like LEGO. Here torso printing is just multi-color square on a white shirt.  She is wearing light blue shorts using a multi-tone colored legs. Wearing a purple birthday hat. Accessories are a purple balloon, donut, cookie and a birthday gift.

Cactus Girl – girl wearing a new molded cactus piece. The arms on the torso are also new, as they look like an extension to the cactus with no hands. Green legs.

Cowboy Suit Guy – Cowboy with white hat. A horse attaches between his legs and torso so it looks like he is riding on a horse. Horse mold does no carry through to the back. Brown legs.

Balloon Artist Clown – Fun clown! Wearing a light green top-hat with a purple flower printed on it. Orange and purple torso printed vest. Orange coattails attach to his legs and carry about an inch off of him in the back. Red bow-tie attaches to his neck. Light green legs to match his top-hat. The best part is he comes holding balloons that he has twisted into dogs.

Cat Suit Guy/Girl – I cannot tell if this is male or female. Looks almost exactly like Slyvester the Cat. Comes holding a blue fish.

Source : The Brick Show

These sound amazing. Some of the prints and molds are incredible! I like how we are getting printed 1x1 titles for series 1 minifigures. I also like how the birthday cake guy doesn’t have legs 

This series will be better than I had expected!

DRAGON SUIT! 

unicorn sounds interesting fan boy I knew they would make that eventually 

elephant suit is a girl ( plot twist) mouse should be good 

spider , cactus and cat suits sound promising. 

Although it does lack a space character .

Edited by 1Panda

This sounds like the wackiest series yet. 

Unicorn Knight Guy is exactly what I was fearing: They had to reuse old moulds, no matter how. This minifigure sounds like kind of lame.

The Police Officer also feels like out of place. These vintage minifigures should be released in those special sets, not the CMFs IMO

But the rest does sound pretty good actually.

The LEGO Fan Boy is a pretty meta minifigure. I thought they would never do that because it would be like a human collecting other humans

The Balloon Girl comes with a lot of pieces it seems

Clown looks to be a very interesting minifigure

Cat, Dragon, Elephant, Cactus, Cake, Fireworks, Flower, Spider are well.... costumes. They are what they are

And it seems Brick costumes will have the same piece assortment, so we can't tell them apart through the feeling method