Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - FB2 - Feb 617 - LDD] Tanith's House of Knowledge, Haven

Tanith Morgan - no relation to the infamous Captain Benjamin Morgan - is a curious soul.  Supposedly rescued from men with most ungentleman-like intentions by Roland Blaze, she spent some time serving on the Crimson Marauder before Blaze found himself founding Haven and becoming it's de facto leader.  As construction on more enduring buildings began Tanith had a very particular set of demands regarding her residence.  Being the town's premier expert on medical matters - the town's only expert, unless one counts barber-surgeon Zebediah, and somehow few do - few were willing to risk her refusing to help them.  And so Tanith Morgan got her tower.  Or, at least, the tallest building in Haven currently.

UTF45Qq.png

mD7Xy9U.png

While the ground floor is furnished for comfort it often goes unused.

BAMMR49.png

Tanith Morgan has never encountered a field of study she did not immediately become obsessed with, at least for a time.  Equally driven to record her findings, much of the building is taken up by her experiments and research libraries, be it chemistry...

skhqykM.png

...biology...

PYBM3kh.png

...or her current interest, astronomy.

yCPx5rU.png

And being the asocial type that she is, Tanith uses the attic as her personal living space.  Well away from the townsfolk, and their distracting requests.

hyrSbpm.png

Edited by kaiju
Changing Image Host

Very well thought out build Kaiju.  And that bed design really caught my eye.

Great building with fitting interior! It is leaning closely to the late medieval buildings in the old world and I can easily imagine a street full of them. I also found the inclusion of the ninjago "viper" helm/skull a nice idea next to the skull minifig.

3 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Very well thought out build Kaiju.  And that bed design really caught my eye.

Thanks.  It's based on the bed from 41180 Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle.

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great building with fitting interior! It is leaning closely to the late medieval buildings in the old world and I can easily imagine a street full of them. I also found the inclusion of the ninjago "viper" helm/skull a nice idea next to the skull minifig.

Thank you.  It is, in theory, part of a larger street but I didn't really feel like building more of them,  I picked the more medieval/near tudor look because the settlement is supposed to still be young and smaller, so simpler or older construction techniques made sense.  And I like the snake-skull helm quite a bit, and it made sense for the character to have a small collection of oddities and artifacts.

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

That's one tall house :D

Great job with the interior!

Thank you, and yes it is.  It didn't quite seem tall enough to call a tower, to me at least.

40 minutes ago, kaiju said:

Thank you, and yes it is.  It didn't quite seem tall enough to call a tower, to me at least.

haha, not sure about that, I am sure I have seen watchtowers who are only half the size :grin:

6 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

haha, not sure about that, I am sure I have seen watchtowers who are only half the size :grin:

Quite possibly.