Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR - FB2] Jan '617 - The Unseen Hand Part 2 (Ava the Oracle)

<Unseen Hand Part 1>

The annals of the heretic Millar date back to 356. The set of tomes long thought lost described his pilgrimage across the eastern seas, as he searched for an unknown treasure believed to be coveted by Hades himself.  His discoveries on what is now believed to be the island of Inferno Pordejon have long since been discredited by the church as delusions of a madman. Still, over time some of the true faith have tried to retrace his footsteps in order to take up the hunt and grasp the gift foretold.  Most died in the attempt.  Most, but not all.

Memoirs of Captain Silas Pike, Jan '617

===/===/===

Somewhere, mid way down the cliffs to the south of Charlatan Bay:

Wait here sailor.  I'll holler if I'll be needing you.

Yes your eminence.

LbgY8JN.jpg

Ahhhh!  The Red Bishop.  I have watched you from afar these many months.  The earth murmurs of your triumphs.  The fire hisses at your failures.  The stars scream of your future.  Why do you cross my threshold now I wonder?  Could it be you finally have begun to fear the dark?

Crone, your legendary powers as a seeress must be nothing but lies if you cannot see what drives me. 

NoPMrOE.jpg

You wound me Prophet of Hades! My oracle sight is not all encompassing, and for my words to be true my hand must be crossed in gold.  Have you the will to proceed?

Here are your coins hag. Prove your worth to me.

Why do you insult me by throwing your coins at my feet?  An old woman should not be treated with by one so cruel.

hSYI2Lb.jpg

You take me for a fool, one blind enough to your threat to get that close?  I know how cruel you really are wychkin.  And I name thee!

A'VA'PREN'TICET'HGI'NKOX'EN  REVEAL THYSELF CREATURE OR KNOW TRUE SUFFERING AT MY HAND!!!!

qVEsWTJ.jpg

YOU... INSSSSECT!  How did mana...

Oh, but I know everything about you creature.  Millar's diary goes into great detail about how he bound you here in this cave and drew on your foresight.  His knowledge is now mine, and I am not one to be trifled with.  Now, tell me why I am here.

You inssssolent cur.  I'll have my vengeanccccce on you.  I'll rip out your soul...

DON'T try my patience wychkin! Your worth to me is limited to the enlightenment you provide, and should you fail to be useful I can destroy you utterly at my whim.  Service will be rewarded; resistance will result in your eternal doom.

Very well curse one.

You are here becaussse assss you reach forward to the light, you ssensssee a ssshadow behind.  You feel itsssss fingerssss at your throat.  You feel itssssss breath on your neck.   You are the prey and you ssssseeek the hunter in the dark.

Yes! Who is it?  Who is my hunter?

The faccccceee of that one isssss obssscured from even my eyessss.  He hidessss in plain sight, but placccessss othersss before him.  And hwe will ssssend three to destroy you.  The captain. The priessst. The traitor.  Two are alike but not the sssame, one is different but sssimilar.  One you ssshould fear, one you should pity, and one you ssshould notice but will not sssee.

You speak in riddles hell spawn.  What good is this to me?

Good or not good is not my gift.  I sssspeak the truth and only wisdom will help you hear it.

Baaahh!  I should destroy you now.

WAIT!  I give one more vissssion to ssstay the hand of my gaoler.  A traveler is coming to your sssshoressss.  Ssssseek her out, for sssshe can provide you with a princcccely gift: the path to the ssssummoning of Hade'ssss favoured vessel.  But beware, sssshe is more dangeroussss than sssshe sssseemssss, and more besssssidessss.

Hmmmmm.  Creature, should this be true, your existence may prove of use.  Should you lie, my return will herald your demise.  But let it not be said I am callous soul.  After all these years, you must be famished.  I'll have food brought in to you as a token of my limited trust. 

Assss you will, Red Bishop.

jDUv8IJ.jpg

Sailor, my business with the oracle is concluded.  Bring her the provisions she requires.

Yes your eminence.

4fAJVU4.jpg

T1E15l6.jpg

bVegKwS.jpg

YEAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

===/===/===

This will be licensed as a small Educational Property. 

Frankly, I had a heck of time coming up with an idea for the sort of educational building would be found in a scummy freeport run by a sorcerous Pirate Lord.  After 3 months of false starts, I finally settled on this in December and I have just got around to finishing it now.  So a bit 'off the wall', but it is certainly a place of learning. :devil:

I'll have to check with Phred, but I am fairly sure this pushes Charlatan Bay up to Large Town tier.  Hopefully I can come with a few more EDU property ideas in time for another jump at this time next year. :laugh:

Some extra photos:

46abPzO.jpg

KSxX0Wx.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi

That is some quite impressive rockwork.  And I was not expecting to see the Medusa minifigure.  Good work overall,

Great story! I enjoyed reading the prophecy. That's promising an epic tale full of suspense.

But I had to laugh when seeing the first pic. The way the two are staring angrily at the rocks, like "prepare to see your maker, bloody rockwork!"

I am loving the dark adventures of the Dark Bishop, Kwatchi. To me, it has just the right mix between the supernatural and the realistic, perfect for the stuff of myths!

The rockwork in this moc is great, and I am loving the way you use light to set the mood. Remind me not to sign up for the Dark Bishop's crew, though! :pir-tongue:

I agree with Bregir, although I'm not a big fan of the supernatural in the game, these stories of yours hit the right mix for me.

Also, the build and photography are great! :classic:

Glad some persons are enjoying my creative license. :wink:

On 1/23/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jacob Nion said:

But I had to laugh when seeing the first pic. The way the two are staring angrily at the rocks, like "prepare to see your maker, bloody rockwork!"

Part of it is the limited amount of Meloche appropriate minifig heads with glowing red eyes I have (2) that both have angry faces, and the sailor just needed something piratey looking out of my bin.  Pirates are always angry pretty much, right?

Mainly though, the oracle told them she preemptively heard you laughing at them and so they scowling at you. :pir-angry: 

Nice rockwork (two different techniques in one MOC). Nice photo-editing.

But what a story! Also the fact that the MOC is purely designed for the story is cool. I definitely like it a lot. I am looking forward to further story from you.