Chrome Bricks

[MOC/WIP] Custom Interceptor/Bomber Spacecraft-Concept and Pics

Hello Eurobricks Star Wars community! I'm ChromeBricks from Instagram, and this is my first post on this forum, although I've been following it for quite some time.

I would like to present to you a quick model I came up with a few days ago, a hybrid between an interceptor and a bomber like craft, but this is not final, of course. Some could even consider it kinda crappy, I sorta do.

This would be primarily used for massive ground devastation or capital ship disabling. The advantage in this case of hybrid ship would offer high maneuverability in flight to evade enemy fire (both ground and airborne) and protect the payload and high speeds to attack enemy fighters and achieve long range bombing runs when in formation. This ship is pretty similar in some aspects to the RZ-1 A-Wing starfighter used by the Rebel Alliance, as it is light, hyperspace-capable, and has high agility, maneuverability and speed.

90zw93.jpg

Minor note: the 1x6 DBG plate on each side of the craft are intended to represent blaster cannons. But I have to admit, they barely serve that purpose.

The fighter also features an astromech droid socket to assist the pilot in navigation. Behind the socket, there is a hyperdrive unit that enables the craft to travel at FTL speed while in hyperspace.

210hkxs.jpg

Here's a view with the canopy open.

2jfyr2q.jpg

As you can see, no controls yet, but those eventually might be added.

14wt9b7.jpg

Here's the rear portion of the fighter, where the hyperdrive would be installed, although there's still no indication of it. The round 2x2 plates the engine's exhaust nozzles.

1z4v98l.jpg

The DBG 1x4 behind the pilot's head is used to store any pistols that he may use, as shown here.

2zftkic.jpg

Here is the undercarriage of the fighter. The stacks of 2x2 round bricks and a nose cone is are the bombs themselves. The round 4x4 is intended to be some sort of docking port, and the 1x2 plate with clips is kinda intended to be a torpedo launcher, although that would be small for an actual one.

2rm4k28.jpg

The vehicle does still look respectable without the bombs on, even though they are large compared to the craft itself.

23w9v6h.jpg

Lastly, here's a (blurry) pic of the pilot (Ten Numb) and the astromech droid (R5-D4) next to the vehicle.

To finish things off, here a list of what I intend to add to this (partially lacking) spacecraft:

1. More detail and a more defined color scheme

2. New cannons

3. Better bombs

4. Maybe retractable landing gear?

5. Better engines 

6. More greebling, for sure.

And more importantly:

7. A NAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Because no ship is a ship without a name, am I right? I'm open to suggestions for anything, since I'm new to this community.

Thank you for your attention, and may the Force be with you. :laugh:

Edited by Chrome Bricks

Names? What about something like "Rebel Strike Bomber"? Or are you looking for a more personalized one (e.g. Millennium Falcon not YT-1300 Light Freighter)

15 hours ago, BrickByBrick Official said:

Neat! I'm fairly new too :) I would suggest a white and navy blue color scheme.

Thanks for the idea! I'm not sure if I have all the base pieces in white, but a few touches of light bluish gray might be useful for paneling or maintenance detail.

14 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Names? What about something like "Rebel Strike Bomber"? Or are you looking for a more personalized one (e.g. Millennium Falcon not YT-1300 Light Freighter)

I'm mainly looking forward names like your first option, since the starfighter is intended to be used in whole squadrons by the Alliance, maybe (?), why not I guess. Thanks for the idea, @VaderFan2187 !

Edited by Chrome Bricks