Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Lonely Redoubt

Lord Skugg and his squire stopped for a moment to rest and survey their surroundings. These were the lands outside of the Goblin Realm, near the major passes that come out of the Labyrinth, unfamiliar and definitely more foreboding then their native mountain ranges.

31168315971_17e6d26b68_b.jpg

But Gal Turok had ordered them here, as his spies had narrowed down the location of a necromancer who has been terrorizing the mountain passes and valleys for some time to somewhere near here. Lord Skugg had prevailed against the deep clans, survived several battles against the Nikrit in the Glades, and even held his own against Gal-Turok himself in ritual combat, but this task-to face down someone who was capable on summoning countless undead, was unsettling. Already he and his squire had faced off against several undead Goblin zombies on their way here, and they had been hard pressed to fight their way through. But with the strength of his sword and spear, and the cunning of his magically gifted squire, they stood not to far away from that they concluded was the home of Zant, The Necromancer. Who knows what lies ahead for them....and on top of this, The Necromancer had been watching their every move, and made it point to rush home to his tower of abominations to prepare for a battle that surely carry them into the on coming night...

31310866836_d15baffd14_b.jpg

Edited by Blufiji

You're my boy, Blu! Everything you make looks good, and this is no exception. I think that your tower is simple yet elegant, with very clean lines and a classic shape. The window is the highlight for me, though I think I would prefer to see a color other than dark red there, since it is so strongly present in the tree right beside it. The dark red tree, too, seems a bit flat on the top and could probably use a few more leaves. But it is still excellently composed and put together, and a lovely build. 

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

You're my boy, Blu! Everything you make looks good, and this is no exception. I think that your tower is simple yet elegant, with very clean lines and a classic shape. The window is the highlight for me, though I think I would prefer to see a color other than dark red there, since it is so strongly present in the tree right beside it. The dark red tree, too, seems a bit flat on the top and could probably use a few more leaves. But it is still excellently composed and put together, and a lovely build. 

This tower was sorta a tribute to the original Nocturnis style. It was also an expirement in a more classical castle style that I had been wanting to try for sometime. The past six builds have doubled as CCC builds, and with my tight window I've had to do something I don't like to do which is build quickly. I agree that the red tree is a bit lacking, as my remaining leaves are still tied up in Evenfall Castle. Thanks Henjin, once again your insightful critiques are a pleasure.

Your landscaping is on an all-time high, sir!

But I have to say that the towe rof the second build is well... a bit plain. I don't think you should add more texture, but maybe change the existing 2x2 tiles on the corners to change from big to small to big again.

Even with these small details, this is just super. You seem on a building rol sir!

Man, you're turning into quite the Nocty building powerhouse! I'm really liking the way you have a couple of different builds to tell a story- the vignette is great, well composed (only niggle I have is the hole in the saddle of the horse!). Tower is cool as well, evokes ZC quite a bit, but with your own style as well!

Nice landscaping, Blufiji!

Lord Skugg's banner is really interesting with both the flag and the hands!  The slope of the land and the small water portion really add to the appearance.
I quite like the simplicity of the tower, as it is probably more "historically" accurate.  This definitely gives a strong feeling of Nocturnus, though I might have to more-or-less copy the terrain (even with the same colors) for Mitgardia.  The hoardings and wooden roof on the tower really complete the look, though it seems that the roof leaves little room around it for troops to man the battlements.

Are there more views of the shack attached to the tower without the tree blocking it out?

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

Your landscaping is on an all-time high, sir!

But I have to say that the towe rof the second build is well... a bit plain. I don't think you should add more texture, but maybe change the existing 2x2 tiles on the corners to change from big to small to big again.

Even with these small details, this is just super. You seem on a building rol sir!

The tower was plain on purpose. I wanted the build to be ordered and neat, to set the atmosphere. In retrospect, I couldve broken up the pattern a bit more. Thank you for your critique! As far as the building roll, Im trying to get out the last twp I have in mind pretty quick.

13 hours ago, Lord Vladivus said:

Man, you're turning into quite the Nocty building powerhouse! I'm really liking the way you have a couple of different builds to tell a story- the vignette is great, well composed (only niggle I have is the hole in the saddle of the horse!). Tower is cool as well, evokes ZC quite a bit, but with your own style as well!

Thanks Vlad, glad you noticed the Z influences, as well as influences of others from way back. It's fun to change it up every now and again. I dropped the ball on the saddle though haha.

5 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice use of the vignette and large build in the story. The ponds and landscaping are well done. :thumbup:

Thanks LDB, the ponds are a favorite to me!

5 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Nice landscaping, Blufiji!

Lord Skugg's banner is really interesting with both the flag and the hands!  The slope of the land and the small water portion really add to the appearance.
I quite like the simplicity of the tower, as it is probably more "historically" accurate.  This definitely gives a strong feeling of Nocturnus, though I might have to more-or-less copy the terrain (even with the same colors) for Mitgardia.  The hoardings and wooden roof on the tower really complete the look, though it seems that the roof leaves little room around it for troops to man the battlements.

Are there more views of the shack attached to the tower without the tree blocking it out?

Yes there are more views, Ill post them in a bit. Feel free to copy tge terrain to invoke the Mitgardian tundra and forests. There is a slight space to get gaurd, but no way to get up there. Thanks Slegengr!

Two great little builds, the colour-scheme fits Nocturnus perfectly, not many bright colours setting a nice noctunian atmosphere! The little ponds are nice, and whereas the tower is simplistic looking, I see what you were going for and it still looks great and rather realistic, especially liking the little roof on top of the tower! :classic: 

13 hours ago, Blufiji said:

The tower was plain on purpose. I wanted the build to be ordered and neat, to set the atmosphere. In retrospect, I couldve broken up the pattern a bit more. Thank you for your critique! As far as the building roll, Im trying to get out the last twp I have in mind pretty quick.

I'm looking forward to that sir! 

.. those 'lacking' trees just make me want to build more myself! o.o

oh and I love the window on the tower.

The trees..., The landscaping..., The Architecture..., All of it is just so awesome although you might want to break up the olive with some other greens, but that is just my opinion :tongue:

I always enjoy your landscapes, and when you add buildings they're even better :thumbup: Lovely trees, and the entrance addition to the tower is great :classic:

Two great looking mocs here mate!

The forst one is great with all the colours working togheter and making the moc looks really organic!

The tower in the other moc is my favourite! The clean style to it, yet so many details in it! Love the wooden roof over that window! Have did you attached that?

On 12/3/2016 at 3:32 AM, Legofin2012 said:

Two great little builds, the colour-scheme fits Nocturnus perfectly, not many bright colours setting a nice noctunian atmosphere! The little ponds are nice, and whereas the tower is simplistic looking, I see what you were going for and it still looks great and rather realistic, especially liking the little roof on top of the tower! :classic: 

Thanks Legofin!

On 12/3/2016 at 4:29 PM, en_zoo said:

.. those 'lacking' trees just make me want to build more myself! o.o

oh and I love the window on the tower.

Those lacking trees will make a comeback full force soon! Thanks En Zoo

On 12/3/2016 at 11:58 PM, The Maestro said:

The trees..., The landscaping..., The Architecture..., All of it is just so awesome although you might want to break up the olive with some other greens, but that is just my opinion :tongue:

Yea, usually the rock breaks it up, and I suppose I could've used dark green. Maybe next time, Thanks Maestro.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:18 AM, soccerkid6 said:

I always enjoy your landscapes, and when you add buildings they're even better :thumbup: Lovely trees, and the entrance addition to the tower is great :classic:

Thanks SK!

On 12/4/2016 at 10:19 AM, de Gothia said:

Two great looking mocs here mate!

The forst one is great with all the colours working togheter and making the moc looks really organic!

The tower in the other moc is my favourite! The clean style to it, yet so many details in it! Love the wooden roof over that window! Have did you attached that?

The roof rests on a hinge that is attached to a 1x1. Nothing complex at all. Thanks Gothia!

I really like the figures man.. Also the window section of the tower caught my eye :) Nice!