Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

If the quality of the sets are as great as TLBM then count me in! Would be weird to get a third CMF series based around Batman :cry_happy:

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

According to TLBM director Chris McKay, on twitter, they are currently working on TLBM 2!!!!!  More great sets and minifigures to come!?!?!?!?! 

That just made my day. Awesome! :thumbup:

For all talk about the movie itself, a thread has been prepared here:

What about the sets, I mean this thread hasn’t been restricted to a year but start a new thread or carry on using this one?

Damn and I just completed my rogues gallery, here we go again. I think TLBM theme was one of my all time favorites, so I hope this is true and we get some great sets. In the mean time I better start clearing some shelf space even though it's likely to be years away. Still have a couple of sets to get from the first one though. 

4 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Since we're talking about a sequel now, I suppose a new thread would be appropriate.

Yes but I think the movie will come in like 2021.

I think it would be too early for a thread.

2021? Hmmm I guess that gives me just enough time to bring my wallet back from the dead Frankenstein style. #hyped I wonder if the lego movie 2 will have any effect on the kind of sets we'll get sInce that appears to be apocalypse wasteland mad max style, are there any rogues that would fit that description? 

16 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

2021? Hmmm I guess that gives me just enough time to bring my wallet back from the dead Frankenstein style.

Also if TLM2 bombs at the box office, I really doubt they will go ahead with this.

So, we have to wait

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes but I think the movie will come in like 2021.

I think it would be too early for a thread.

2021 is a pretty good estimate.

Let’s take that tweet with a grain of salt for now...developing a film is way different than actively working on a green-lit one. So that is by no means confirmation a LBM2 is happening. :sceptic:

I bought 70905 2 years ago and finally opened it to prepare myself for the 1989 batmobile next week.

I'm surprised 70905 gave me another printed 1x1 round batman logo piece and the printed BAT MERCH gun.  Love the minifigures but the car seems to be a bit bigger than the scale shown in the movie.  Here is my full thoughts if you are interested. 

Still no word on LBM 2? Been over a year since the director said anything.  Fact his working on a live action movie currently, unrelated to Batman. 

Surely WB will see the potential in releasing another one, as the first one did so well?

IMBD has it down for 2022 release. Not sure where that came from.

I would love it to come out after the Batman Movie with Patterson. That way my wallet can recover from sets released in 2021. 

Thoughts guys? 

It isn't about the movie being a success. It's about the sets being successful. TLBM didn't exactly have sets flying off the shelves (they were on sale to purge them almost everywhere), and now TLM2 is setting the bar for how steep those discounts can go.

It'll probably be a while before we see another LEGO Movie.

Hey guys,

So with the announcement today that universal is in talks to take over Lego movies going forward unless WB comes with an offer.

I have some questions for the experts!

Q1. Does this mark the end of Lego Batman Movie 2 or can DC via WB still release the movie in conjunction with Universal?

Q2. Does the content include the direct to video release?

Q3. DC sets will continue to be released on an yearly basis? 

Thanks in advance guys! 

WB has The Batman in the works. And if it does at the box office, it will have sequels. 

I don't think they would want to overkill it with The Batman and LEGO Batman going on simultaneously

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

WB has The Batman in the works. And if it does at the box office, it will have sequels. 

I don't think they would want to overkill it with The Batman and LEGO Batman going on simultaneously

I can see them looking at that,  but still feel they have room for LBM2 down the track. 

To be honest i don't know what a tlbm2 could be about. 

The references of the first one already used nearly every aspect of Batman's history. Seeing a strangely dancing batman in a cheap costume wouldn't be as funny a second time.

The development of Batman seems finished. He overcame loosing bis parents and is now part of a family again. I don't see much more potential for the characters delevoping.

The only cool thing i'd expect from a TLBM2 would be Hush, Black mask and Mad Hatter minifigure form... just because there aren't many B-List-Villains left. But that could be done in regular sets, too.

I love the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie. I think it is better if we don't get a terrible Sequel like TLM 2 for Batman.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:01 AM, Lionbear8 said:

Does this mark the end of Lego Batman Movie 2 or can DC via WB still release the movie in conjunction with Universal?

Quite likely so... :sceptic:

Does the content include the direct to video release?

I highly doubt that, as there've been plenty of direct-to-video movies based upon IPs not owned by WB (Star Wars & Marvel for instance); so, they shouldn't be related.

DC sets will continue to be released on an yearly basis? 

Pfttt, why of course, cinematic partnerships shouldn't change a single thing with unrelated playsets/playthemes.

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest i don't know what a tlbm2 could be about. 

The references of the first one already used nearly every aspect of Batman's history. Seeing a strangely dancing batman in a cheap costume wouldn't be as funny a second time.

The development of Batman seems finished. He overcame loosing bis parents and is now part of a family again. I don't see much more potential for the characters delevoping.

The only cool thing i'd expect from a TLBM2 would be Hush, Black mask and Mad Hatter minifigure form... just because there aren't many B-List-Villains left. But that could be done in regular sets, too.

I love the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie. I think it is better if we don't get a terrible Sequel like TLM 2 for Batman.

That's exactly why I've always felt that any follow-up to TLBM should be a LEGO Justice League Movie, as TLBM had already perfectly encapsulated the Batman mythos. A LEGO Justice League Movie would've still been told through Batman as the main character, all the while exploring the rest of the DC Universe without necessarily needing to dive back into Batman's sphere of things back in Gotham.

The original contract between warner brothers and Lego was for 4 movies. That contract was never renewed after the Lego movie 2. If Lego is switching studios to make more movies then they will make movies based off Universal properties not Warner Brothers properties so the Lego Batman movie 2 will be scrapped

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If Lego is switching studios to make more movies then they will make movies based off Universal properties not Warner Brothers properties so the Lego Batman movie 2 will be scrapped

I highly doubt Universal's first Lego Movie will be IP-based like TLBM was. :sceptic:

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I highly doubt Universal's first Lego Movie will be IP-based like TLBM was. :sceptic:

Me too. What popular IPs does Universal even own? I have problems searching for a list and I doubt they have something that popular in mass media like Avengers, Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. The Lego Movies were a wild mix of big properties everyone knows, old classics like Wizzard of Oz and sweet little ones like Gremlins. There was something for everybody. I doubt it can be a success at mainstream consumers without some big ones.