Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Now that my Friend,is something i would love to see.Would fit perfectly into classic Lego sillyness.Maybe the Banemobile`s Engine starts stuttering a bit and comes to a halt and Bane furiously turning the Key again and again...

"Not to worry. It just... takes a while to start up. I will return though! For I am... Out of gas?! How can this be?"

Well... back off a week's holiday and a lot has happened / images released / leaked.

I'm just going to ad to the general sense of glee with those two official sets. I had a feeling that there'd be some level of change to the look of the characters. The Batman we got in the Lego Movie line had the nice expression print running under the cowl which made it stand out anyway so that's a nice base for these.

I actually love the Joker looking like this. It's not a comic adaptation and we've got plenty of those versions anyway so having this deranged freak works so well for me in this environment.

I think the Batmobile is such a fun build and completely over the top which again fits in with the Lego Movie Universe Batman. How can you take him seriously when he makes 30 batarang attempts to hit the lever in the Lego Movie to then proclaim, 'First try!'. He's such a caricature of the Dark Knight it's perfect.

That Harley is spectacular... the amount of print and detail on that thing is bordering on ridiculous and the new hairpiece seems like a precursor to some of the really nice and diverse pieces we may be getting thanks to the other images we've seen.

Having the Joker feature elements from various versions is also a nice touch. He's a psychopathic killer so he needs to be cartoony, and even silly, for it to work in an animated movie for Kids.

Robin is fantastic though. I can see him being childlike all the way through and then maybe becoming the boy wonder at the end as a transformation from geeky, heavy rimmed glasses to supercool side kick (as cool as things get in the Lego movies anyway)... and despite the earlier comments regarding on which Robin it is or isn't it doesn't matter to me. It's a great costume which works well for a very young Grayson as well as being a great base for a purist Kelly. I hope to get more than one to do just that.

With the other characters being so good it feels almost a little lame to get ManBat again in his same form. I just hope we get to seem some more of those nice designs from the teaser and the image of the Bane bigfig would lean towards that.

My wife has been told in no uncertain terms that I may be off the radar for a day or two when these sets get released.

I hope they don't pull a Cole's dragon and release a full sized vehicle for everyone except Bane who gets a miniaturized version of his vehicle.

I hope they don't pull a Cole's dragon and release a full sized vehicle for everyone except Bane who gets a miniaturized version of his vehicle.

The thing is that's silly enough for it to work as others have said. It would be hilarious if this master criminal who masterminded the Arkham Breakout to stretch Batman to the extreme before defeating him in such a brutal manner was then let down because the company who made his drill read the plans in inches instead of feet (See Spinal Tap's Stonehenge).

Can we all just go and that page and curse that idiot. He insulted us and was highly unrespective toward our interest in LEGO.

Ah well... Let's see if we get a bigfig Bane for real when any info of future sets gets released.

Not sure why someone would bother but trolls exist unfortunately.

Well this sucks... oh well still have confidence that a Bane bigfig is coming we're just gonna have to wait a little longer before we can see it I guess.

Ya I was wondering why the background was the Batman v. Superman fight area.... But that's dumb.. It doesn't even matter he just wasted his own time and ours.. But he did do a good job with Bane's thing because he does have it in the trailer.

This might sound dumb but seeing that set kind of filled my need of wanting to see some more if these sets... But now that's its fake it just makes me want to see the sets even more now! :grin:

Edited by Ashnflash

I really liked the

At build too; the use of the 1x1 "pyramids" on the wheels is a cool look.

I liked the jetpack.. gonna steal that for something. :tongue: He deserves it.

As I've mentioned in the POTC thread, why would anyone go such lengths? I mean we've had our fair share of fake leaks and prelims in the past, but never something that managed to fool the community to such an extend :hmpf_bad: I hope the "leaker" enjoys their five minutes of internet infamy before they shall perish by our collective wrath... or we just wait for the real set lists to appear :tongue:

I will just say this--the issue of fake leaks are exacerbated when everyone jumps to conclusions and takes unverified information as fact.

So...let's focus on the sets we do know about. No more leak talk please. :thumbup:

Wow, he just ate up our instant gratification material mindset and used it to his disadvantage. What a waste of time. :hmpf_bad:

I hope whatever other set is supposed to come out at this price point is better than what he concocted.

EDIT: Just saw the Captain Nemo's post after posting mine. My bad. Ignore this post. :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

Someone pulled a prank, and a lot of you seem to be acting like he committed a crime. Chill out, guys.

That may be your definition of a prank but not for many others.Getting peoples hopes high and then ripping them to shreds is no fun but a sick joke.

Wow, that's a massive shame, I've been wanting a big fig of Bane ever since Big-figs were introduced. Oh well, there's still another 11 sets to be revealed - Let's stay positive people, we may get a bigfig of Bane yet!

Wow, that's a massive shame, I've been wanting a big fig of Bane ever since Big-figs were introduced. Oh well, there's still another 11 sets to be revealed - Let's stay positive people, we may get a bigfig of Bane yet!

I don't think it necessarily rules out anything - I think we'll get it! That's just me hoping. If we don't get him in this wave then we'll for sure get him in the summer or the possible very small winter 2018 wave.

The prelim I saw seemed to be from some form of catalogue, so I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It seems likely it isn't real though now.