Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Target also has the minifigures for $5. David Jones has them as well, but not sure of the price. It should also be noted that I'm in Melbourne at the moment but I have heard that Myers in Sydney CBD has them as well. Didn't find them at Toys r us or Big W or Myer in the shopping centre where I was at.

@BrickRapper@Lionbear8

Bought my sixth and seventh minifigures today and got CaveBat and Orca.... I'm pretty proud of the fact that I haven't felt around any packets, and I've already got 7/20 of the series

Also it might just be me, but the printing on the CaveBat face is slightly off, the mouth looks more like Fairy Bat than what CaveBat should be

There is definitely no shortage of characters they can include in another CMF. If you look at the model that TLM had we can for sure see some similarities between that and this movie. TLM was a total shock of its success much like GOTG. Their marketing for this has increased, the amount of promotions have also increased (5+ polybags), and we are also getting more products (the battle pack, 20 character CMF, 5 summer sets). LEGO knows what works and I think that this movie will for sure surpass the success of TLM. It's Batman, LEGO knows Batman sells and having 2 CMF Series makes a lot of sense. 

I think sets could definitely come next January, but I doubt they would do something as big as another 20 figure CMF series. Especially because the last Lego Movie wave was only like three small to medium sized sets, right? 

3 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Agreed though - it could have been any head underneath so it's neat to get the decent head from Red Hood Croc set but does add some confusion!

Actually, the Red Hood in the CMF series has a different head than the one in the Croc set. The CMF head is definitely from the Under the Red Hood animated movie while the Croc set head is New 52 inspired. 

69QydZ9.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

It's not the same thing, IMO

A second Batman Movie CMF line would replace a regular CMF wave, while a regular wave wouldn't "replace" anything. 

I would hate if this turns out to be truth. I would prefer a regular CMF line with never before seen characters in LEGO form, rather than the 2149084th versions of Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn. That would be lame as heck.

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A second Batman Movie CMF line would replace a regular CMF wave, while a regular wave wouldn't "replace" anything. 

I would hate if this turns out to be truth. I would prefer a regular CMF line with never before seen characters in LEGO form, rather than the 2149084th versions of Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn. That would be lame as heck.

I don't really mind about replacing the regular waves, seeing as most of the current series are just updated and redesigned versions of previous figures. Im actually really happened to like having a CMF wave in flesh, I usually collect them for parts anyways

I would also really like to take to the speculation thread to take shots at the next series, but I wanna see what summer brings first, we barely know much thus far

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'd assume they'd keep giving us obscure villains like Egghead and who doesn't love the batvariant

Finally got my hand on the minifigure series, I'm impressed with what I got. My red hood head was stuck inside the helmet when I opened the packet. It took a while, but I managed to get it out. That was a scary moment. I love red hood and the eraser, they're really good minifigures. A second series would be very necessary in my opinion :wink:

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Regular CMF's will come and go anytime during the year. A Batman CMF will only be released during the time movie is popular.

I really want to discuss this rumour of a second wave but I don't want to start a thread and then it only closed a few minutes after...

48 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Technically wouldn't another Batman Movie wave replace the DC Superheroes theme for that season? Like the current movie wave is doing now so there aren't new competing Batman themed sets?

Edited by Legocity2713

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Technically wouldn't another Batman Movie wave replace the DC Superheroes theme for that season? Like the current movie wave is doing now so there aren't new competing Batman themed sets?

I think that they have just replaced the DC Superheroes filler sets LEGO has been making. We are still going to be getting sets based off the movies coming out. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gareth said:

@Ashnflash 

And alright thanks I will use this. 

Google Images, color printer, a 8x16 tile, assorted plates, and a few spare minutes resulted in this... :laugh: 

Grand Emporium needed a change of scenery!

My Grand Emporium needed a change of scenery anyways. :shrug_oh_well:

30 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Most of the regular DC sets are Batman anyway. 

Look at the DC wave before the Batman Movie one. 

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Most of the regular DC sets are Batman anyway. 

Look at the DC wave before the Batman Movie one. 

Ya for sure. Getting 13 sets and tons of polybags is much better than getting only 2 or 3 sets. This series has really made me forget about the regular sets. 

I'm guessing the Bluray/DVD version of the movie will be released later this year, . They're will probably be some exclusive miniature with that, my guess some type of batsman variant. But from a marketing standpoint, would it not make sense to release a few sets or something related to the movie at the same time as the movie hits store shelves??

edit:  google is a wonderful tool. Apparently the legi movie released  February 7 in theatres and on DVD on june 17. So the summer wave will tie in with the DVD release date, not the end of year

Edited by RyanMe

20 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Hey, thanks! I actually meant on top of the headpiece he already had, so the final result would be an absurd four-eyes, tall-headed freak, but I thoroughly appreciate the time taken here!

14 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Hey, thanks! I actually meant on top of the headpiece he already had, so the final result would be an absurd four-eyes, tall-headed freak, but I thoroughly appreciate the time taken here!

That's just wrong

That's just wrong.

Oh... oh no... That's just... dear god why...

If a second wave of Batman CMFs turns up, I'll be okay with that, as long as it feels justified.

2 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Oh... oh no... That's just... dear god why...

The worst part is that the scientist's eyebrows double as a moustache for Robin's... eyes, I guess.

Please excuse me while I rinse out my eyes with holy water. 

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

This series has really made me forget about the regular sets. 

Hahaha, not me - now my 'general DC Characters' collection looks so tiny compared to my humongous 'Bat-Universe' collection :laugh:

Not going to lie.. I'm an adult and kind of want one of those cups :laugh:

9 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Actually, the Red Hood in the CMF series has a different head than the one in the Croc set. The CMF head is definitely from the Under the Red Hood animated movie while the Croc set head is New 52 inspired. 

69QydZ9.png

Ah I didn't even realise! Cheers for the heads up.