Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

On 11/18/2016 at 0:39 PM, Mattallica said:

Whoo, I just picked up the Batmobile, Mr Freeze, the Joker lo rider and the Batcave :sweet:

how did you get it early?

On 11/20/2016 at 5:35 AM, GeekByKnight said:

Yeah. The manager of a Lego Store said November 27th, a reply from their facebook page said January 1st and then a friend of mine is dating a Manchester Lego Store employee and he said he's been told December 1st. 

All dates we've been given, but the fact no one within the organisation seems to agree is weird. I've sent an email to their customer services to see if they can provide a concrete answer, so we'll see.

In the past Argos have released sets early (the Doc Strange and Rogue One build a figs were out weeks early) but nothing yet. So I'm leaning towards December/January release date in the UK.

UPDATE: just seen the Dimensions LBM sets are up for pre order on the Argos site. The date is Feb 10th, is that news?

Lego.com now says January 1st.

30 minutes ago, Lego4366 said:

how did you get it early?

Lego.com now says January 1st.

Are you refering to a UK release date on their site? If so, can you provide a link?

Edited by GeekByKnight

Just now, GeekByKnight said:

Are you refering to UK release date on their site? If so, can you provide a link?

No, US release date.

Entire CMF series absolutely beautiful. :cry_happy: The only thing I'd change is give the Commish that trench coat Barbara had in the trailer, but I understand why they couldn't.

19 minutes ago, Lego4366 said:

No, US release date.

Then why even bother mentioning something we already know that has nothing to do with the post you quoted?

Whatever.

My only complaint about the CMFs is that the rubber duck ring has the black eyes, a generic version of that would have been great for mocs and such.

6 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Then why even bother mentioning something we already know that has nothing to do with the post you quoted?

Whatever.

My only complaint about the CMFs is that the rubber duck ring has the black eyes, a generic version of that would have been great for mocs and such.

Give it time, I can't see Lego create such a detailed new mold without having plans for reusing it. We'll probably see it sometime in a City beach set. 

2 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I just realized "Nurse Harley" is most likely a reference to the B:TAS episode "Mad Love", wherein Joker and Harley disguise themselves as Jim Gordon's dentists.

Agree. 

He will see Harley Quinn's backstory in the movie for sure since we are getting the Harleen Quinzel minifigure. She is only villain with her normal counterpart so far

Edited by Robert8

Okay, I've had time to make individual reactions.

Zodiac Master: By no means bad, he's not hugely interesting to me. I like the Pisces and Cancer sign weapons.

March Harriet: I like her face and her costume, and hope we get the Hatter soon.

Red Hood: A real classic (I wonder who'll be underneath) and really nicely done. 

Dick Grayson: Bat-Shark Repellent! This theme is giving us stuff to fill in the blanks with the '66 Batcave, isn't it?

Eraser: I love the design and the minifigure execution is excellent. 

Calculator: Love the "07734" message- very corny, but a lot of fun.

Barbara Gordon: Batsignal button is nice, and her uniform is, too. Not too interested, though.

Vacation Batman: Perfectly ridiculous. I love it.

Lobster-Lovin' Batman: New animal! Otherwise, not too amazing.

Mime: Good face, but the rest isn't interesting to me.

Pink Power Batgirl: She needs a cowl, but it's okay.

Orca: Now this is a cool figure. I love the mouth-head detail.

Glam Batman: Okay? I don't hate it, but I don't love it.

Tut: Took 'em long enough. A solid addition to the roster.

Jim Gordon: Really nice. I like the red detail on the wanted poster, too.

Fairy Batman: I love it. So ridiculous. He'd be great in a future TT game.

Cave Batman: Is this a Grant Morrison reference? He's great even without that.

Nurse Harley: A great way to get us the Arkham version without any of its naughtiness, and the colors are great. 

Catman: He's okay, but not very interesting.

Asylum Joker: Only good for the hair. He's probably gonna be common.

To everyone wondering what's under the Red Hood dome: it's just a Red Hood face, either very similar or identical to the one released this summer. It was shown in the image that leaked this morning. 

Wow, I'm really liking Orca, Catman, Red Hood(I love the re-use of Mr. Freeze armor piece!) and Metal Batman. The Fairy Batman is terrifying :tongue: I'm seeing some great new, useful parts like the duck floaty. Wow, they really scraped the bottom of the DC barrel for some of these characters, huh? Eraser? lol wow I couldn't believe that actually existed in a comic book until I looked it up. 

The joker really seems to be the exact same one as in the 70912 Arkam Asylum set...

why??

Well, I was originally interested by 10 or 12 minifigures, now I think I want 19/20, for characters or pieces/accessories...for my medieval fantasy story, LEGO how do you do that ?! :hmpf:

16 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

The joker really seems to be the exact same one as in the 70912 Arkam Asylum set...

why??

Different face (unless the ark set is double sided, but I can't find any high-res photos of him) but otherwise yeah, don't quite understand it.

maybe the movie will clear up why they did it. 

Just now, KevinMD said:

Different face (unless the ark set is double sided, but I can't find any high-res photos of him) but otherwise yeah, don't quite understand it.

maybe the movie will clear up why they did it. 

They might have done it so there's a cheap way to get the Arkham jumpsuit.

I think they should of put Alfred, Bruce Wayne, Mad hatter and two face but that's my opinion

Close up pics!

The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Glam Metal BatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Clan of the Cave BatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Vacation BatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Fairy BatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Lobster-Lovin’ BatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - CatmanThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - "Zodiac Master"The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Dick GraysonThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Nurse Harley QuinnThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Commissioner GordonThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - CalculatorThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - MimeThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - OrcaThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Arkham Asylum JokerThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Red HoodThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - EraserThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Barbara GordonThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - King TutThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - March HarrietThe LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures (71017) - Pink Power Batgirl

My thoughts: I freaking love this series. These close ups really do them justice. Zodiac master has a silver crab, that wasn't shown before. Lots of detail on these figures, I'm really impressed. Overall, I really like the series!

18 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

Close up pics!

My thoughts: I freaking love this series. These close ups really do them justice. Zodiac master has a silver crab, that wasn't shown before. Lots of detail on these figures, I'm really impressed. Overall, I really like the series!

Close up pics were already linked to and posted here a page or two back. I also love the silver crab, and will probably pick up the whole series just because every figure is so amazing. 

I'm looking forward to it but definitely think all the Batman variations is overkill. A couple variations of the Joker and Robin would have been nice. All in all I like it and I'll put together a handful of sets like I do every series. This will be interesting though considering they are all "rare" characters this time around. Three full sets per case with no extras. Typically the eBay sellers jack up the price of the rare minifigs in a particular series but now they technically all qualify. I'll probably just buy sealed cases for this series instead of piecing a set(s) together from the local chains. Also- Love the close-ups. Thanks

2 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Asylum Joker: Only good for the hair. He's probably gonna be common.

They'll all be "common" then. 60 figures per case. 20 figs per set. 3 characters per case.