Sign in to follow this  
Antak

Moc: UFO flagship, Eclipse (picture heavy)

A project of three years or so (not continuous), this ship has gone from average size to just under three feet. The UFO series was one of my favorites growing up, so after going through my old legos and putting the sets back together, I started building this monstrosity. It breaks apart into 23 different pieces, many of which are designed to function indepedently, and all parts are modular. The Ship has electronics integrated in the middle, with a 9 volt motor, a 9 volt battery box, the old fiber optic assembly, and the double flashing light brick. It has a crew of 13, 1 of each classic alien, 3 of each robot, and 4 custom figures. There's also a pile of weapons, all stored on the ship in various places.

ufo__flagship__eclipse_by_antak3000-daj3lego_ufo_armada_by_antak3000-daj1lbk.jpgr.

eclipse_front_by_antak3000-daj3rqi.jpgeclipse_cannon_detail_by_antak3000-daj3reclipse_phase_5_by_antak3000-daj4vj8.jpg

eclipse_thruster_detail_by_antak3000-dajeclipse_crew_by_antak3000-daj4nvv.jpgeclipse__all_components__by_antak3000-daeclipse__different_conigurations_by_anta

If anyone is interested, I will post more pictures, as there are a lot of details packed into each part of this model, and I didn't want to flood the topic in pictures

Modularity for the win!  You did a nice job trying to keep up with UFO style!

Shame there are no 2 halves make round ufo modules - but that's can be your next project! :D

Thank you! You can get pretty close to a saucer, but I honestly never even thought about making one... Hmm

eclipse_phase_1_by_antak3000-daj4vh5.jpg

This is actually what the ship looked like when I started

Oooooo, that giant ship looks pretty awesome. I also love how you increased the diversity of the figures from the original line. Those new aliens look amazing!!!

This theme also brings nostalgia to me, so I certainly appreciate this post. Thanks a lot for sharing!

That is absolutely amazing!

The design is so cool and I love the modular design, a great tribute to the UFO theme is a personal favourite for me too! And your custom figures where also very eye catching!

I loved it.

Also what torso piece does the black armoured alien use?

Edited by LEGOshibainu

On 10/24/2016 at 1:55 AM, LEGOshibainu said:

That is absolutely amazing!

The design is so cool and I love the modular design, a great tribute to the UFO theme is a personal favourite for me too! And your custom figures where also very eye catching!

I loved it.

Also what torso piece does the black armoured alien use?

Thank you! Its the blacktron style torso form space police 3.

Here are some interior shots, along with some details on the electronics

Storage modules

http://img06.deviantart.net/3cf4/i/2016/270/a/8/misc_weapons_by_antak3000-daj4phc.jpg

blaster_storage_by_antak3000-daj4ph4.jpg

Warp core fiber optics and lights

warp_core_electronics_by_antak3000-daj4r

http://img00.deviantart.net/2abe/i/2016/270/e/8/the_warp_core_itself____by_antak3000-daj4ra8.jpg

Mothership twin cockpits and interior. There's little ladders leading down from the cockpits to the bridge, top is held on with magnets rather than using a hinge.

twin_cockpits_by_antak3000-daj4szv.jpg

throne_room_by_antak3000-daj4szm.jpg

mothership_interior_by_antak3000-daj4syp

And the cockpit detailing in the emperor's personal fighter.

interceptor_interior_by_antak3000-daj4ou

This is awesome. UFO is one of my favorite lines. I was in my dark ages when it was out but have since picked up a few. Really neat antithesis to classic space.