Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Let's hope for some new adult animal moulds as Friends already has the baby ones. 

On a side note isn't it a bad thing to show kids it's okay to take stuff from jungles? At least in Friends they were just there to save      animals from drowning or rock falls.

If it was located in the Amazon territory (or something similar to that): Could you imagine that there'll be a propeller plane and some small boats (for transporting the explorers' equipment into the jungle? Which color do you think the vehicles will be - dark red, blue, ...?

1 minute ago, Soupperson1 said:

On a side note isn't it a bad thing to show kids it's okay to take stuff from jungles? At least in Friends they were just there to save      animals from drowning or rock falls.

Who says that they take stuff from the jungle? If it would be a theme - which I bet - with minifigs exploring ancient ruins in the jungle you could even argue that they want to find out something about history.

Yeah agree it would probably be more along the lines of 'Johnny Thunder', explorers, archeologists or adventurers. Though Johnny packed heat in search of treasure. 

Edited by koalayummies

9 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Which color do you think the vehicles will be - dark red, blue, ...?

Who says that they take stuff from the jungle? 

It won't be dark red, that's used for criminals in City. I would say regular red or any shade of blue. Yellow, orange, lime green were all just don't and LEGO likes using colors in patterns.

Because every explorer sub-theme of City is someone taking something from somewhere. Even dessert Johnny Thunder was taking jewels. Children want things to collect.

A tiny police helicopter! That's what I always needed! :laugh:

My problem with these types of polybags is that they are useless. For $10, and always on sale for $5-8, you can get 3-4 mini figures and a small helicopter or speed boat.

1 hour ago, Bricknblue said:

A tiny police helicopter! That's what I always needed! :laugh:

My problem with these types of polybags is that they are useless. For $10, and always on sale for $5-8, you can get 3-4 mini figures and a small helicopter or speed boat.

Very true but that central piece in that blue isn't that common. Not that there is much use for those types of double L like parts but still it is a color I don't often see for those. 

Also wondering if that is a night vision camera on the side or a laser bazooka? The 8 year old in me is going with laser Bazooka! 

3 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Very true but that central piece in that blue isn't that common. Not that there is much use for those types of double L like parts but still it is a color I don't often see for those. 

Also wondering if that is a night vision camera on the side or a laser bazooka? The 8 year old in me is going with laser Bazooka! 

I was thinking exactly the same thing on both accounts. That i don't remember that piece in blue. Heck it's not too too common anyways.

Plus as a kid those were always guns, no such thing as a camera, always a rocket launcher.

(Actually facing that way a camera, turn it around and it's a rocket launcher with a scope.)

Jungle seems like a pretty cool sub-theme eventhough in my opinion it shouldn't be under city but rather as a separate theme of some sort.

The jungle should allow plenty of exploration themed sets like large and bulky 4x4s as well as little boats and of course-new animal moulds!

I'm hoping for tigers and elephants.

I think the coulour scheme will probably be beige and green. Some how I just think those coulours will work.

The lego fan

Edited by The lego fan

Hey there! 

I was wondering if there has been a specific release date for these sets to come out in the US?

Thanks, Ricky.

Edited by Rickyragharp

15 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

Plus as a kid those were always guns, no such thing as a camera, always a rocket launcher.

(Actually facing that way a camera, turn it around and it's a rocket launcher with a scope.)

erm..... isn't that the correct way to mount a launcher (with scope) so the wider part of the lens is facing the enemy?

that's always been a rocket launcher in my eyes.... turning it the other way (to me) makes it a mounted machine gun and the "scope" could be the ammo feed

20 minutes ago, BritishBrickFan said:

erm..... isn't that the correct way to mount a launcher (with scope) so the wider part of the lens is facing the enemy?

that's always been a rocket launcher in my eyes.... turning it the other way (to me) makes it a mounted machine gun and the "scope" could be the ammo feed

Hmm an ammo feeder!? Now that is cool interpretation of that. Going to have to roll with it.

Also did anyone notice the pilot is female and likely comes with the new printed female flight suit as seen in the bulldozer heist set. Going to have to nab that polybag now! Been looking to add female specific flight suits to my City's police air arm so these should come in handy. Also I can't turn down a 1x4 printed console piece. 

18 hours ago, BritishBrickFan said:

It might have been a laser rocket gun. I just like how it looks the other way as a gun. Still makes more sense than an moo feeder. :-p

On December 19, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Japanbuilder said:

I've actually weaponized most of my police helicopters for the heck of it, I guess I'm glad that it's already been done for me here. :tongue:

I like how some of you have taken an optimistic approach to this polybag news. Usually the thread would be about two full pages of nothing but complaints and negativity, but not you guys! :laugh:

On 8/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, tkf said:

It was long before lego has made a hospital.

I sincerely miss that short-lived medical line. They discontinued the hospital before I could get my hands on it... 

The "blue"  L piece is going to be Dark Azure like a lot of other police vehicles this season.  
I'll take that over regular blue any day.

18 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

I like how some of you have taken an optimistic approach to this polybag news. Usually the thread would be about two full pages of nothing but complaints and negativity, but not you guys! :laugh:

We already complained enough about the police sets being almost exact copies of the last police sets, that includes the helicopter. So why not talk about how to make a camera piece into a weapon and the s shape piece in blue? :laugh:

Plus a world war should happen soon with China or nukes in Israel, so why not find some fun in a stupid helicopter polybag. hehe

Also in the USA if this is a Target holiday set it will go on clearance because o one will want it. It's a winner all around! :grin:

Thank you very much for the pics, Nexo Bricks and TheLegoPerson9! :classic:

Brickset loaded up additional small sets:

Police Car

http://images.brickset.com/sets/images/30352-1.jpg?201701030431

Tractor

http://images.brickset.com/sets/images/30353-1.jpg?201701030431

The Police Car as well as the Police Heli are both really bad looking. :thumbdown:

The Hot Rod looks quite ok. :classic:

But the Tractor is really excellent! You can use it for a construction site as well as as a small snowplow. :wub:

Btw: The Nuremberg Toyfair takes place from 1st til 6th of February. So at the latest at that time we should have a clue about which Jungle Exploration sets we'll get, how the new CG sets look like and what the remaining City sets will be. But I hope that we'll get some info even earlier!

5 minutes ago, makoy said:

What piece is that in front of the tractor? Is that new?

Nope, really old. It's been used as a plow in the first Arctic series like 15 years ago. I think it's been used a radar on police stations in the 90s and is used as a radar on the new Falcon from Force Awakens.