UrbanErwin

[MOC] NS 1217

Hello all,

It has been a bit silent from my part, but I have built something new:

28758557445_a8a2126744_c.jpg

NS 1217 by Erwin, on Flickr

The NS (Nederlandse spoorwegen/Dutch Railways) 1217 was part of the 1200 series which was a joint effort of Dutch and American designers as part of the Marshall plan. It was built in the fifties and have been in service until 1998, they were then sold of and repuposed at other transporters, with some still in service today.

28727085076_11cc596502_c.jpg

28758552295_d6b20ab0f0_c.jpg

I have built a total of four carriages to accompany it, I will take some video's of them all running when I finish tweaking their designs.

28758566255_f79d805b06_z.jpg

My model has working lights in the front and back and 2 9V train motors.

Thank you for reading/watching!

As always, more pictures on my Flickr

Edited by UrbanErwin

Beautiful work there. You've definitely caught the shape and the imposing presence of the class. She's a whopper!! Great details too, especially on the bogies.

I love to see models of locomotives from around the world, most o which I never knew existed. Great model! It makes me want to find out more about it.

After checking pictures on google I have to say your looks a lot prettier!

Edited by GI_Jack

It's an uneasy duty build such a locomotive but you've done an high standard work! :wub:

Very nice bogies and amazing SNOT windscreen!

The lights are the icing on the cake!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Very recognizable as a 1200. Nice to see you achieved the sloped sides. Good work! :thumbup:

You triggered me to restart my work on my own 1200. :classic:

It's a matter of opinion of course, but I find the NS 1200 class one of the most beautiful engines that ever hit the Dutch tracks, and the single most beautiful electric engine for sure. :wub:

Beautiful work there. You've definitely caught the shape and the imposing presence of the class. She's a whopper!! Great details too, especially on the bogies.

Thank you, the details were a bit of a pain because there are not that many on the real one, so every detail I could find had to be recreated.

:classic:

Impressive work. It looks really great.

The shape is done well and you have some nice details there. I like those steps.

Thank you :classic:

I love to see models of locomotives from around the world, most o which I never knew existed. Great model! It makes me want to find out more about it.

Thank you :classic:

It's an uneasy duty build such a locomotive but you've done an high standard work! :wub:

Very nice bogies and amazing SNOT windscreen!

The lights are the icing on the cake!

Thank you, I tried getting the windscreen angled but couldn't get it to flow nicely with the rest of all those angles.

Very recognizable as a 1200. Nice to see you achieved the sloped sides. Good work! :thumbup:

You triggered me to restart my work on my own 1200. :classic:

Thank you, your work in progress shots were definitely a inspiration for my version, I'm interested in how your version will look.

Very nice rendition of this classic beast!

Edited by UrbanErwin