BrickJagger

2017 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

what I find interesting is that none of the sets shows stickers yet, only prints, but then there's the Bugatti with all it's decoration it seems. Would be awesome to get prints for the most important parts, for once.

The decorations on the Bugatti look like stickers to me; there's a definite edge visible when zoomed in. Wonder if there is some sort of legal agreement that if the likeness of the car is used, then it must feature all details in order to make the brand more recognisable.

There's also some partial detail visible on the wall element of the SF16-H, which looks like a sticker as there are two different shades of red.

I'm interested to see if the backdrop for the podium in the Ford GT/ GT40 will be the same design from the video, or if it'll be the generic black and white chequered motif used before.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the mini-build in the Bugatti set is? :def_shrug:

OK, I was actually worried that all my hopes of a good Mercedes WO7 F1 car were over because of the actual Lego colour palette.

So I tried it on LDD, and, to me the best colour is the retired Dark Turquoise (officially Bright Bluish Green, I think), well actually I went on and finished the car, added nice decals and everything.

2670366-o_1ath5hsio1lu81ad2io7oqvgt47-full.png

Hopefully, it'll look something like this! Btw, it's based on the McLaren Pit Stop set from 2015.

Overall I am very excited about these. My only one hope is that they change the Mercedes F1 set to a light grey + sand green coloring rather than the current (and very ugly) white + green. It is impossible to look at that set and think it looks even remotely like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_in_Formula_One#/media/File:Hamilton_-_2016_Monaco_GP_02.jpg

hmm, to be honest the new Bugatti has all the features needed, but still rather fails to impress me. It looks boxy, like a running shoe and the new SC large Wheels dont help making it any sleeker. A really tuff one, also very hard to recreate in smaller scales than SC, so i'd just "accept" it. Definately not the favorite of the bunch. The stickers and parts however can be very useful ;-)
The AMG really steals the show of the single cars choice. The "extra" hood in the background is shorter and probably intended for a "non racing" version (?) . I think it can easily be modified to not have that long front bumper.

Best thing definately is the Fords GT duo - The GT 40 is rather unusual for SC and i thought it to be too "weak" in front structure design to be released, compared to the recent SC sets who are solid as rock :P Good choice TLG (if it really happens and they aint fooling us with fake leaked pics^^)

The Wind Channel looks interesting in design and function - gotta wait for a front view of that Ferrari on it!

Edited by Ron Dayes

16 hours ago, paupadros said:

OK, I was actually worried that all my hopes of a good Mercedes WO7 F1 car were over because of the actual Lego colour palette.

So I tried it on LDD, and, to me the best colour is the retired Dark Turquoise (officially Bright Bluish Green, I think), well actually I went on and finished the car, added nice decals and everything.

2670366-o_1ath5hsio1lu81ad2io7oqvgt47-full.png

Hopefully, it'll look something like this! Btw, it's based on the McLaren Pit Stop set from 2015.

The sets look very promising, but going a bit off-topic, I was wondering how you added the decals and stuff to the car in LDD. Cheers.

6 hours ago, Ninja of Fire said:

The sets look very promising, but going a bit off-topic, I was wondering how you added the decals and stuff to the car in LDD. Cheers.

Oh, you can add them on LDD, but I couldn't render them. For the decals I had to unzip and mod the decorations folder, and the render just allows the unzipped folder, so it's Photoshop...

BTW, in my design, I added on the back spoiler the DRS system that helps to increase the amount of overtakes. I know that Lego's never done so, but I think it would be cool!

What I find concerning is that 75880 didn't show up in the prelim image. Is that still part of the range or is this range only going to have 6 sets rather than the usual 7?

On 09/10/2016 at 10:36 AM, RacerRabbit said:

What I find concerning is that 75880 didn't show up in the prelim image. Is that still part of the range or is this range only going to have 6 sets rather than the usual 7?

Mister Bricks doesn't have a listing for 75880, but other sets are there.

As Chimaninja454 suggested, maybe there will be a second wave released later next year. 

On 17/09/2016 at 3:14 PM, Chimaninja454 said:

Again another interesting wave - but 3 small car sets could mean another 3 in summer - would be great!

9 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

It's kind of weird that we still haven't seen the official images for the 2017 sets yet ?  

Not really. Most of the official images that have surfaced so far are of January releases; Speed Champions' next wave is in March. In the past few years, catalogs featuring March releases have turned up sometime in the middle of December.

interesting that they announced this now, in the midst of holiday shopping. usually announcements are 3-4 weeks or so before street dates (exception exist of course) that would put this set into the winter wave with the rest of the January releases. but speed champions are have been a March release so far. so the question obviously is... when will we see these on shelves? January based on the announcement timing? or March as all other indicators seem to be pointing?

More pictures of the Fords on topgear.nl (sorry, it's in Dutch, as it is impossible to change the country or language, apparently) and a video: 

I wish we would get to see images of the other sets for once, though... :wink: 

Well just so everyone knows the final pictures of the sets are surfacing. I'm not a fan of the theme but I just thought I'd share. 

58 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Well just so everyone knows the final pictures of the sets are surfacing. I'm not a fan of the theme but I just thought I'd share. 

Where ? 

They're posted in the usual places. We aren't allowed to say where or how to find them or anything, sorry. 

Edited by Ashnflash