Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

12 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Am I missing something? Have the actual leak pics of the Detroit Steel set been leaked by CM4Sci or just the LDD moc-up? Because that's all I can find...

LDD mockup and that's all I'll be posting of it. 

Thanks for everything CM4Sci those arms are...interesting I was hoping they were a little different something you could see them including in a minifigure bag

Sets look decent enough, but I got some questions that I'm not sure can be answered. Who is flying the jet in the captain america set? Is that Sam Wilson Cap in that set and if it is, why does he have the cowl piece Rogers has needed since 2012 but does not fit Sam at all? Also, what Iron Man suit is in the Detroit Steel set?

5 minutes ago, halomaster96 said:

Sets look decent enough, but I got some questions that I'm not sure can be answered. Who is flying the jet in the captain america set? Is that Sam Wilson Cap in that set and if it is, why does he have the cowl piece Rogers has needed since 2012 but does not fit Sam at all? Also, what Iron Man suit is in the Detroit Steel set?

Steve rogers is the captain america in that set, the one with wings is super adaptoid.

as for the suit of Ironman it will be the All new All Different design.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Steve rogers is the captain america in that set, the one with wings is super adaptoid.

as for the suit of Ironman it will be the All new All Different design.

Ah so in that case Cap most likely still won't have a separate piece for his cowl then. Is the consensus here that he'll just be in his AA outfit he's had for the past couple years? That's good about the Iron Man suit since I like that one and it's always good to get new suits if he's gonna be in so many sets. At the very least he'll go well with my SDCC Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers Captain Americas! :laugh::grin: 

Do we know for sure that Ms. Marvel's arms are stretch-able? They look like they might not be. 

Other than that the set looks good. A day-one buy for me.

14 minutes ago, halomaster96 said:

Ah so in that case Cap most likely still won't have a separate piece for his cowl then. Is the consensus here that he'll just be in his AA outfit he's had for the past couple years? That's good about the Iron Man suit since I like that one and it's always good to get new suits if he's gonna be in so many sets. At the very least he'll go well with my SDCC Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers Captain Americas! :laugh::grin: 

Wow, lucky!

2 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Wow, lucky!

It's a great perk at comic con to be able to stand in a line for a few hours to maybe get a figure. I wish they'd just have enough to give to everyone and have it be first come first serve. At least this year they only had 2 minifigs and the sets were useless so we only waited in two lines. Hope its like that next year too so we've got time for other stuff. Back on topic: It's good to see them get out a good portion of the ANAD Avengers (Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Sam Wilson Cap, Miles Morales, Vision, and Nova) before Marvel's newest relaunch but it doesn't give Lego much time before next year's inevitable relaunch. It's always good to get more comic based sets anyway since they will pretty much always give us new characters as opposed to movie-based sets which mostly consist of new outfits for old characters with a couple new characters if the source material allows it. Like, who would have thought we'd ever get figures of characters like Detroit Steel or Super Adaptoid? I certainly didn't (or want them honestly). Characters like these showing up just tells me that Lego will do ANYTHING to not make any new X-men characters. 

1 minute ago, halomaster96 said:

Characters like these showing up just tells me that Lego will do ANYTHING to not make any new X-men characters. 

Maybe, but I would say it's Marvel dictating this, not Lego themselves. I think they know X-men characters are profitable.

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Maybe, but I would say it's Marvel dictating this, not Lego themselves. I think they know X-men characters are profitable.

I'm surprised they haven't pushed more Inhuman characters in sets (besides Ms. Marvel) considering how Marvel is trying to use them to replace the X-men since they don't have they rights. Also, I forgot to say I REALLY like Cap's jet in that set and I hope it's got enough stickers to make it look even more like a bald eagle and even more AMERICAN than it already is! :excited: :drool:

44 minutes ago, halomaster96 said:

Yeah most likely, just a new print of helm. It will have resemblance with WWII Cap they say....

So, the jet is ridiculously small, which is good- I can't imagine it'll cost more than 30 USD.

I find it intriguing that the Jet is bird-like in it's proportions and design.  It reminds me of the Chima vehicles in that way. I find it similarly intriguing that the powers that the Super-Adaptoid has stolen fit very well with Sam Wilson. We've gotten contradictory hints and clues (mainly from insiders mixing up the gray-with-Cap-themed-stuff Super-Adaptoid with one version or another of the actual Captain America in the set), so I don't feel confident one way or the other.  The actual photo doesn't make it clear which one it is.

But having seen the photo, my guess is 60% chance Steve, 35% Sam, and 5% the final set will have neither.

Ms. Marvel currently looks... weird.  She's definitely still preliminary, as the colors are wrong for her face, hair, and arms, and the rendering of the print looks messy. Also, I don't know about you guys, but do her arms look rigid? They seem to be at the same bend, just with different rotations in the socket.

Thank you to the leaker who will go unnamed! Really happy and glad for all the hard work you've done over the past week! 

I'm really loving the arms and it makes me really excited to see how this will shape the future of the Superhero sets, be that Mr. Fantastic or Plasticman! Can't wait! 

The set seems okay, just a brighter, smaller, rounder version of Black Panther's AWESOME jet. The figs are totally the main selling point and the Ms. Marvel fig already looks great. :thumbup:

And now I guess I could see where the Super Adaptoid vs. Sam Wilson Captain America issue arose but maybe it would have helped to know that the flying figure was shooting something from its palm. Or the fact that it had repulsors coming from its legs. Or that it has Ultron's helmet adding to the overall robotic feel... :look:  

9 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Cool. I think the helmet Cap will come eventually. Just like Han's new hair.

Exactly. We need that helm mold for Captain America

That's where the confusion starts between steve and sam, because the fig have wings and also  the shield.

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Exactly. We need that helm mold for Captain America

That's where the confusion starts between steve and sam, because the fig have wings and also  the shield.

I thought that was the imitator robot?

The jet set is the best from the wave in my opinion. Good build with great minifigure's. Though I think I will save my money for the Guardian's Of The Galaxy 2 sets.

I feel like the Winter waves always have super "meh" builds with good-great figs...and then the summer wave comes and crushes it. I'm not exactly overly impressed by anything we've seen, although I'm interested in high-res photos of Ms. Marvel.

Ug, now I'M the guy who can't find the damn pictures we're talking about.

Back to Google....

EDIT: Nevermind :wink: I'll save my thoughts until we get better images. But I'm interested.

Edited by rob-ot5000

1 hour ago, Ceroknight said:

Hmm I don't think the jet set looks as great as some people here make it out to be :look:

No, this wave (to me at least) is pretty bad. The Hulk set is messy and expensive, the Detroit Steel mech is untidy as is Cap's jet and they're rounded out with some questionable minifigure choices. 

At least I can save my money for TLBM sets :wink:

1 hour ago, Ceroknight said:

Hmm I don't think the jet set looks as great as some people here make it out to be :look:

I'm sure I'll get a little bit of hate for this, but I'm not feeling those long arms :cry_sad:. I'd like some normal arms for display ideally but hey, it's a new character so still a plus! And obviously I'll still pick the set up :laugh:. Fingers crossed my mind will change about the long arms when better images come out.

49 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

I'm sure I'll get a little bit of hate for this, but I'm not feeling those long arms :cry_sad:. I'd like some normal arms for display ideally but hey, it's a new character so still a plus! And obviously I'll still pick the set up :laugh:. Fingers crossed my mind will change about the long arms when better images come out.

You can just use red arms on her then?

12 minutes ago, Borex said:

You can just use red arms on her then?

Yep. Although once proper pictures come out I'm sure they long arms will look better as obviously the ones in that picture are just plain black. Hopefully the long arms can hang down nicely in my frame either side of whoever ends up below!