Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Damn, well this blew up a little bit over night. I'm glad Brickset have updated their site to stop confusion, maybe they read Eurobricks? :laugh:.

I also woke up to a message from CM4Sci on Reddit confirming 76082 and 76093 are Homecoming sets, and 76084 and 76088 are Ragnarok sets. If people want another source, I think they can trust CM4Sci after everything he provided up until his ban (and continues to provide over on Reddit).

Thanks again guys! Looking forward to seeing those robber avengers masks, along with how they decide to build Vulturs wings.

Everyone take a break. In fact some of you will be taking a longer break than others. This thread is not about fighting over which source is more right, that type of useless pissing contest has no place here. 

This thread is going to be closed for a bit until we can all remember the actual purpose of it. 

Everyone play nice, or don't play at all. 

Focus on the sets. Focus on the Lego. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Sorry about that, Captain Nemo. Not sure if anyone else saw, but Delta has posted pictures of the boxes for the summer sets. They're grayed out with "confidential" over them but you can get a glimpse of the upper right corner art and you can see the sizes. The smaller Homecoming set looks to be $20, which is nice to see since I thought it'd be around $15. 

23 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Everyone play nice, or don't play at all. 

Focus on the sets. Focus on the Lego. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thank you @Captain Nemo for regularly popping in to keep this thread in order :sweet:

15 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Looking forward to seeing those robber avengers masks

If they follow the movie they have a choice of Thor, Hulk, Captain America or Iron Man for the robbers.
Je9lros.png
I would be very suprised if they did not use the new Iron Man mask as a mask for one of the robbers. The over-sized nature would work well as implying the robber's are using a kid's mask and it would contrast nicely with the live-action movie Iron Man mask that we may be getting in the other set (Hopefully they keep the previous mask design for the live-action movie versions of Iron Man)

The other choice would probably be Hulk or Captain America instead of Thor, as Thor does not particularly have a goofy head to use - i'm leaning more towards Captain America given they could use the basic comic-book style Captain America mask with the skintone error that made him look pale. Probably throw a hair piece on him to ensure kids understand he's not meant to be Captain America.

16 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

how they decide to build Vultures wings.

I'm expecting something akin to this image by Lehanikus on Flickr. Feel this is one of the better brick-built representations we could hope for - though i expect we'll get a new piece for the wings.

28721377012_9c72f37a78_o.png

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I would be very suprised if they did not use the new Iron Man mask as a mask for one of the robbers. The over-sized nature would work well as implying the robber's are using a kid's mask and it would contrast nicely with the live-action movie Iron Man mask that we may be getting in the other set (Hopefully they keep the previous mask design for the live-action movie versions of Iron Man)

The other choice would probably be Hulk or Captain America instead of Thor, as Thor does not particularly have a goofy head to use - i'm leaning more towards Captain America given they could use the basic comic-book style Captain America mask with the skintone error that made him look pale. Probably throw a hair piece on him to ensure kids understand he's not meant to be Captain America.

I think they will keep the old Iron Man mask for the live action Iron Man. They might use the new Iron Man mask for one of the robbers, and maybe a new face print for Captain America robber.

Don't count on a new mold for Vulture though. They used brickbuilt wings for Kiteman in TLBM.

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I think they will keep the old Iron Man mask for the live action Iron Man. They might use the new Iron Man mask for one of the robbers, and maybe a new face print for Captain America robber.

Don't count on a new mold for Vulture though. They used brickbuilt wings for Kiteman in TLBM.

Yeah, and Delta confirmed that the wings are brick built. I hope they aren't too large and blocky, though as I feel brick built wings are pretty hit or miss. 

I don't know if anyone else has seen it but they also showed pictures for the Thor sets. It's hulk and Thor on the boxes I think. The boxes look big so I think we are in for some good sets

5 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but does this recent reveal prove that there will in fact be only two Spider-Man homceoming sets and two Thor Ragnarok sets? 

I dunno. We had the German Toy Fair today which explains a lot of the reveals. I don't think they always put retail exclusives on display at the toy fair. Guess we will just find out in due time!

44 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, and Delta confirmed that the wings are brick built. I hope they aren't too large and blocky, though as I feel brick built wings are pretty hit or miss. 

And that's the purpose of lego. If the TLG doesn't create a good one. I'm sure someone can MOC a better wings for Vulture.

As for the IM, yea hopefully they'll keep the MCU Helm for upcoming IM fig. And use the cartoony one for the robber or just print it like the NYCC Exclusive

i think for the robbers they should just print them onto a flesh colored head.

Woah, evidently I missed some serious stuff. Anyway...

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

If they follow the movie they have a choice of Thor, Hulk, Captain America or Iron Man for the robbers.

I'm expecting something akin to this image by Lehanikus on Flickr. Feel this is one of the better brick-built representations we could hope for - though i expect we'll get a new piece for the wings.

Those would be excellent choices for the robbers and I love that image of Spidey and Vulture! I doubt the one we get will be quite that detailed. Those claw feet would be fantastic pieces especially. I'm expecting we'll get a new helmet mold, possibly in conjunction with the LBM Penguin's collar piece? I'd say Kraven's furry collar would be a possibility too but I think it might be more difficult to make a helmet around.

57 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Woah, evidently I missed some serious stuff. Anyway...

Those would be excellent choices for the robbers and I love that image of Spidey and Vulture! I doubt the one we get will be quite that detailed. Those claw feet would be fantastic pieces especially. I'm expecting we'll get a new helmet mold, possibly in conjunction with the LBM Penguin's collar piece? I'd say Kraven's furry collar would be a possibility too but I think it might be more difficult to make a helmet around.

Those claw pieces would be great. 

I wonder if TLG will be as kind to give us all 4 Avenger masks so we can pick and choose which robbers we want? :grin: wishful thinking. I wonder if the type of helmet Zod / other Kryptonians got in the MoS sets would work with the furry collar.

Lego just released new Milano promo, and its so small! Looks like it's barely big enough to fit 4 minifigures, and doesn't have as good of an interior as last one. 

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Lego just released new Milano promo, and its so small! Looks like it's barely big enough to fit 4 minifigures, and doesn't have as good of an interior as last one. 

Where did you see that?

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Lego's official YouTube channel.

Look like I'm gonna just get the figs coz I have the old Milano and I think that way way much better.

A bit off topic, but the new beach set from the city theme has a pair of blue dual molded legs with yellow boots, which would surely improve the 2014 classic Thor figure.

23 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

A bit off topic, but the new beach set from the city theme has a pair of blue dual molded legs with yellow boots, which would surely improve the 2014 classic Thor figure.

Also Yellow/Red dual molded legs for classic look of Ironman (MMicros) 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

From the back of the box art we can see it can fit four minifigures in the front - which is honestly enough considering Groot in his large scale would'nt fit and his smaller scale version will likely be able to fit in the ship somewhere (This particular image with circle comes from CM4Sci)

2J6pn7H.png
Though the new design (above) is admittedly smaller and likely wont be as spacious in other areas such as the back compartment, i believe the intention here was primarily to get all four figures in the cockpit while the previous version (below) was designed to fit three figures.
7317_a3aad3.jpg

Neither version appears to be accurate, given the GOTG 2 Milano was stated as being almost identical to the first, so neither has gotten the cockpit right - as it is meant to have two up-front and one behind - with room for five figures.

Guardians+of+the+Galaxy+Milano+c.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-screenshot

For those looking to customise their own, i'd suggest the following with the same style front design of this MOC (Unfortunately cannot locate creator) to get the two seats at the front, replace the two back seats with a single middle seat and add the window piece from the GOTG 2 set;
d18f32483b43848a5600c852e34904d0.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

From the back of the box art we can see it can fit four minifigures in the front - which is honestly enough considering Groot in his large scale would'nt fit and his smaller scale version will likely be able to fit in the ship somewhere (This particular image with circle comes from CM4Sci)

Though the new design (above) is admittedly smaller and likely wont be as spacious in other areas such as the back compartment, i believe the intention here was primarily to get all four figures in the cockpit while the previous version (below) was designed to fit three figures.

Neither version appears to be accurate, given the GOTG 2 Milano was stated as being almost identical to the first, so neither has gotten the cockpit right - as it is meant to have two up-front and one behind - with room for five figures.

For those looking to customise their own, i'd suggest the following with the same style front design of this MOC (Unfortunately cannot locate creator) to get the two seats at the front, replace the two back seats with a single middle seat and add the window piece from the GOTG 2 set;

Yeah, I noticed that 4 seat cockpit in new version before, but that promo video just confirmed that. TBH I don't understand why Lego decided to downsize Milano, I mean original was pretty close to the movie( as close as non Ucs Lego set can get). 

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.