Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

That Arena looks really 80ies with the red and blue bricks. The technic blue brick reminds me of my first technic set. The build itself looks a bit plain, but the figs look cool. I think kids will really love this set. Especially that Hulk. 

Hela her set has a funky spaceship. I'd rather see a comic Valkyrie on a flying horse but this is mcu of course so a spaceship it is. I really love Hela, she looks incredible. Her goons look scary but good cannon fodder for Thor. Valkyrie looks like a star wars character by the way. I'm not really sold on the wolf. 

That wolf is a waste of bricks pieces, if they could've just focus on the spaceship atleast we can get a decent one. But it is what it is.

other than Rey's hairpiece and alternative thay would look good with our MCU Valkyrie? 

Edited by SpiderJazz

I've not been really keeping up with the news. Why don't people like the Homecoming sets?

Just now, rome00150 said:

I've not been really keeping up with the news. Why don't people like the Homecoming sets?

Mainly because of the figs being inaccurate. IMO these are the reasons why:

Spiderman - Fixed the emblem and torso (could've give us another variant which is the Homemade suit)

Ironman - Need more details as we saw the hot toys Mk 47. 

Vulture - Could've been a new mold for the helmet, talons are missing, brick-built wings are way too big. 

Shocker - Generic head, No mask printing (much more desirable design and more comic accurate)

On 5/1/2017 at 6:00 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do think Sakaarian Guard (Thor: Ragnarok) is different from Sakaaran Soldier (GotG). Not just in spelling but also it's an entirely different race in comics. 

It's a different figure but I think one of them may just be a spelling error. The Sakaarans from GOTG are from the Planet Sakaar Thor is on in Ragnarok.

I guess the two figures look sorta similar. 

1 minute ago, geobrush said:

Today in a facebook page a photo of an unannounced Goliath figure was leaked.

34032919390_fa0e12b900_m.jpggoliath by darthgeo, en Flickr

Something looks off... If it's real, then it will probably be a promotional figure.

Looks pretty fake to me. Where would we even be getting it? Unless there's a secret Marvel D2C coming and he's the promo fig

The guy who posted the picture is a reliable source. He has leaked figures before.

It looks real. Nice to see people are skeptical after that whole red Batman debate a while back, but this actually looks real and doesn't copy a design nor does it look so ridiculously cheap. 

I was thinking about it, the arena set would've been nice as like a $25-$30 set like the Hulkbuster. Just take the purple guard or whatever out and make walls that actually look like there was some thought and effort put into it. Something with a wall/door breaking function and maybe a feature that shakes the walls. 

27 minutes ago, geobrush said:

The guy who posted the picture is a reliable source. He has leaked figures before.

And who's that guy?

1 hour ago, geobrush said:

Today in a facebook page a photo of an unannounced Goliath figure was leaked.

goliathby darthgeo, en Flickr

Printing wise it's very lego. But yea something is off, out in a wild.

He's a mexican guy who gets some protoype figures before release. He doesn't want to get too many attention so he posts some stuff and usually deletes it shortly after.

Edited by geobrush

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Mainly because of the figs being inaccurate. IMO these are the reasons why:

Spiderman - Fixed the emblem and torso (could've give us another variant which is the Homemade suit)

Ironman - Need more details as we saw the hot toys Mk 47. 

Vulture - Could've been a new mold for the helmet, talons are missing, brick-built wings are way too big. 

Shocker - Generic head, No mask printing (much more desirable design and more comic accurate)

Ah I see. That's a really shame about Shocker. I was looking forward to him. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7TIQQKMlY

4 minutes ago, geobrush said:

He's a mexican guy who gets some protoype figures before release. He doesn't want to get too many attention so he posts some stuff and usually deletes it shortly after.

I see, probably Delta Customs can confirm that. But if it's real I don't understand why Goliath? It could've been much better if it's one of the missing characters in MCU films.

1 minute ago, rome00150 said:

Ah I see. That's a really shame about Shocker. I was looking forward to him. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7TIQQKMlY

Ikr, everyone's pissed by that move. But it is what it is. We can't do anything about it.

For me it the weirdest choice too. They could've release so many iconic comic version characters more relevant than Goliath. Scarlet Witch, Vision, Rogue.

Just now, geobrush said:

For me it the weirdest choice too. They could've release so many iconic comic version characters more relevant than Goliath. Scarlet Witch, Vision, Rogue.

Same thoughts. But what if it's just a fig that belongs to a set? Who knows. We didn't get any comic sets this summer wave right?

Hopefully eveything will be cleared up!

Wow, this Goliath minifig is really unexpected. I hope it turns out to be legit, I love getting new characters

I wanna say it's fake. Sorry. But my reasons are that his printing is just to simple. But I could be wrong. We'll see.

7 hours ago, geobrush said:

He's a guy who gets some prototype figures before release. He doesn't want to get too much attention so he posts some stuff and usually deletes it shortly after.

The guy has like four pics on his flickr page. :sceptic: Doesn't sound legit IMO. But who knows? I'm probably wrong.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

But if it's real I don't understand why Goliath? 

The only thing that came to my mind, is the time Hawkeye became Goliath around the time of the Kree-Skrull War, but it was a totally different costume...

Maybe its an exclusive for SDCC?

16 hours ago, blksuperman2 said:

Love the Raganork sets but I'm kind of bummed we're getting a Valkyrie before getting a Lady Sif minifigure.

Is Lady Sif even in the movie? If she is, it doesn't look to be a big part. Lego hasn't really done much with the Thor franchise either, so there's a lot of his supporting cast that got left out in the cold.

Anyone think that you can get 2 Thor 3 Arena sets and connect them, given that there is a clip?

22 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

Anyone think that you can get 2 Thor 3 Arena sets and connect them, given that there is a clip?

There are clips connecting each section, indicating that it is modular.

<PICS SNIPPED>

Edited by Clone OPatra
pics removed

19 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

There are clips connecting each section, indicating that it is modular.

Ahhh, I see it now, that's good then. Although I'll probably see if FireStarToys.com will sell the set without minifigs for a cheap price, or maybe Bricklink.

Edited by J3D1-T