Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Yeah, i got every movie set suit, including centurion, i am missing the 3 avengers assemble ones, and of course that convention one... And iron patriot :(

Oh, I also don't have the convention one which is impossible to get. Lol, it's okay IMO.

IronPatriot is one of the top figs if you're collecting Ironman. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Speaking of conventions, when do we usually find out the exclusive figure? 

Don't have any idea, when is SDCC?

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh, I also don't have the convention one which is impossible to get. Lol, it's okay IMO.

IronPatriot is one of the top figs if you're collecting Ironman. 

Don't have any idea, when is SDCC?

It's usually at the end of July, so I guess maybe the figures will be revealed at the start of July? If the exclusive figure is Ego or the home made Spider-Man suit, I will definitely be upset. 

@GoldenNinja3000 If the SDCC fig is Ego, I'm more okay with that because it's just like what they did with The Collector. Ruining the GoTG collectors. But if that's the Home made Spidey suit, I'll be more upset. Should be on a Polybag atleast for special release. :angry: 

@SpiderJazz I also collected Iron Man/War Machine variants, and I have everything (excluding this year's releases) but the toy fair figure. Ehh, at least it's the ugliest of the bunch. I think I'll get myself a good custom someday. And to think that they used to sell for around $150 back in the day (which is still relatively expensive, but definitely much less than now).

I was wondering when the SDCC figure was announced. Last year the official announcement came in July, and I believe it was 1-2 weeks before the actual convention. So, expect uncertainty for a couple of months.

I sincerely hope homemade Spidey suit eventually finds its way and not via an SDCC exclusive. But hell, I have a feeling it'll be homemade Spidey and a TLBM version of Batman, so expect people to fight to death if my prediction happens...

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

@SpiderJazz I also collected Iron Man/War Machine variants, and I have everything (excluding this year's releases) but the toy fair figure. Ehh, at least it's the ugliest of the bunch. I think I'll get myself a good custom someday. And to think that they used to sell for around $150 back in the day (which is still relatively expensive, but definitely much less than now).

I was wondering when the SDCC figure was announced. Last year the official announcement came in July, and I believe it was 1-2 weeks before the actual convention. So, expect uncertainty for a couple of months.

I sincerely hope homemade Spidey suit eventually finds its way and not via an SDCC exclusive. But hell, I have a feeling it'll be homemade Spidey and a TLBM version of Batman, so expect people to fight to death if my prediction happens...

I'm also not a fan of that Toy Fair fig, It's nice tho but It's not a big deal if I won't have it.

Probably, we can get some info with the SDCC fig in the next 2 months! It will be a dooms day if you're predictions happen. Since a lot of us wanted that Spidey home made suit! 

Arguably Ego is the more important figure. His character's relationship to other characters and his role in the film itself make him worthy of some kind of representation. I get the feeling the only reason he was not represented is because they wanted to keep his appearance hidden until closer to the movie

Spoiler

and potentially keep a few of the movie's twists hidden.

14 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Arguably Ego is the more important figure. His character's relationship to other characters and his role in the film itself make him worthy of some kind of representation. I get the feeling the only reason he was not represented is because they wanted to keep his appearance hidden until closer to the movie

Hide contents

and potentially keep a few of the movie's twists hidden.

I doubt it. They announced who he was months and months ago.

Brickshow uploaded an "early look" video review from one of the robbers in SM:H ATM Heist. 

Hmmm, weird because If we will get an early look, I expect it to be with the leakers here in forums.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Brickshow uploaded an "early look" video review from one of the robbers in SM:H ATM Heist. 

Hmmm, weird because If we will get an early look, I expect it to be with the leakers here in forums.

I thought we would get the two other avengers masks printed on the reverse sides of the robbers heads, but it's a cool second face anyways.

2 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

I thought we would get the two other avengers masks printed on the reverse sides of the robbers heads, but it's a cool second face anyways.

That's just a theory long time ago. When it was revealed at NYTF we saw already the sexcondary face which has bruised.

Well, I hate to say it but, it could be the other way around. It's more interesting to see a Thor and Ironman facemask, IMO.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's just a theory long time ago. When it was revealed at NYTF we saw already the sexcondary face which has bruised.

Well, I hate to say it but, it could be the other way around. It's more interesting to see a Thor and Ironman facemask, IMO.

The Thor mask would have looked weird, unless it was printed against a different colored head than light nougat, which actually  may not be a good idea after all.

6 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

The Thor mask would have looked weird, unless it was printed against a different colored head than light nougat, which actually  may not be a good idea after all.

Agreed, that would not be a good idea. Hulk and Captain America make sense when you think about it. 

15 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Probably that's just me. It would look good if they made it full mask. Something like a cosplayer does. 

Judging the sets by the movie scenes, I must say "Ravager attack" is the only one that is inaccurate.

Hopefully, they can manage to introduce Ego as minifigure as he is very important in the movie.

- For those in the US/CAN how hard to get the milano polybag? It is showing here in my country for a cheap promotion.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

- For those in the US/CAN how hard to get the milano polybag? It is showing here in my country for a cheap promotion.

pretty easy!   I've got it at Toys R Us for 5 $CAN

I saw the movie and to be honest they should have included Ego in one of the sets!

9 hours ago, Mat099 said:

pretty easy!   I've got it at Toys R Us for 5 $CAN

Should I wait for it to be available at LCS you think? Or grab it now?

Weird thing is, it's available to retailers but not it Lego Certified Stores. And it's a promotion, can't buy it just one.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Should I wait for it to be available at LCS you think? Or grab it now?

Weird thing is, it's available to retailers but not it Lego Certified Stores. And it's a promotion, can't buy it just one.

I know I would grab it.   In fact, I did!   :laugh:

but, here, it is supposed to be given with a 35$ buy on the SHOP and in Lego Stores from may 8 until may 21

Would much rather have had a double sided mask situation e.g. Hulk & Thor on one head, Cap and Iron Man on the other.

A fairly generic looking robber face with a bruise and a plaster is kind of generic, i suppose its useful to some, but i'd rather have had something i could use to replicate the movie scenes. Giving us an alternative mask on the back of the head would have convinced people to get two of the set. Getting two of these sets and having the four robbers together would have been epic. Instead seeing as we'll likely never get the Thor and Iron Man masked heads, i dont see any reason to really pick up the set as it cannot fully replicate the scene and the build looks bland.

On 27/04/2017 at 0:53 AM, Amazing Bricks said:

Agreed, that would not be a good idea. Hulk and Captain America make sense when you think about it. 

The trailer primarily showed him fighting with the Thor and Iron Man mask wearing robbers, so arguably it'd have been better to include them.

Alternatively they should have given us Hulk and Thor - given that we already have an alternative Captain America  head we could use (the light blue version from the TV show based sets) and possibly the over-sized comic inspired Iron Man helmet.

Saw Guardians today. No spoilers (other than it's better than the first) but I will say the sets are weirdly unrepresentative of the movie. Like, there a're characters who deserves minifigs WAY MORE than those who got them. And those who did get them could have had new designs.

This pic has been out for a week, nothing new really shown but still cool. Really liking those wings the more I see them. 

On 4/24/2017 at 10:14 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I was confused about if it would officially be Mark 47 or not since he basically just took 46 and replaced the damage and other areas with silver metal. I absolutely adore the Lego Iron Man figures, especially the ones with silver, so I'm happy to add this one to my collection. Now I'm only missing the Heartbreaker. 

Aw man, that's a shame. The Heartbreaker minifig is probably my favorite Iron Man. That, and the original suit with the triangular arc reactor, though I've yet to get that one.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they finally scrap the SDCC exclusive figure in exchange for the exclusive smaller sets that they've been doing for other conventions (Ultron's throne, the '66 Batmobile, that recent Star Wars Celebration one, etc.). Probably just wishful thinking, but it never hurts to do a little touch of that now and then. I find myself oddly looking forward to the SDCC figures, though, just to see more interesting figures get made. It's like a more painful version of seeing TT put out a picture of new in-game characters.

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

This pic has been out for a week, nothing new really shown but still cool. Really liking those wings the more I see them. 

It's weird. There is no hairpiece shown? But Vulture has face. If his head is bold, it is pretty disappointing, and it would be less accurate than Shocker.