Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Personally, I couldn't really care less about Coulson (or Lola), but I know plenty of people have been wanting him (them), so I'm happy for those people. For me, once Coulson died in the movies, that was it. I tried AoS, but couldn't get into it, and the fact that the movies will probably NEVER AGAIN address him kind of seals the deal.

Pretty much why I don't care for him either. That and he was a character that only worked in small doses. The moment he started leading his own show he just became incredibly annoying to watch (that and AOS is a pretty awful show in general)

This Coulson centric set is getting better! New Iron Man and c list character Detroit Steel.? Weird choice for a villain of a set, but intriguing. Lolla as a main build is a fitting choice, and a price of 30-50$ seems fitting for a set.

This set is interesting. Never would have predicted lego putting Deroit Steel into a set, I don't know much of the character exept that he was in Lego Avengers.

wouldn't the bigfig villain make more "sense" if it was Iron Monger rather than Detroit Steel?

That would mean than Iron Man's suit in a set is Mk3. Would be cool tie in with 2008 Iron Man movie!

wouldn't the bigfig villain make more "sense" if it was Iron Monger rather than Detroit Steel?

That would mean than Iron Man's suit in a set is Mk3. Would be cool tie in with 2008 Iron Man movie!

I don't think asking this is too much, is Detroit Steel a big fig or a brick built? Because making him a Big Fig would probably be expensive with all the new moulds he has in the game.

Also if it can be answered does Iron Man have a new armour?

Detroit Steel...what an odd choice. Would've rather had crimson dynamo or something but I'll take new characters. And I'd assume he'll be brick built. Just cause he's a bigfig in the game doesn't mean anything. Hulk buster was a bigfig in the game but they brickbuilt him for the movie.

Edited by Ultron

Huh, Detroit Steel... never heard of him. Granted, I'm not a super hardcore comic fan, but I could have named at a few other Iron Man villains that could have come before Detroit Steel.

Definitely a factor on whether I'll buy the set, because this will be the first Marvel set where I literally have no working knowledge on a character - every other Marvel set I could have told you something about the characters in it.

Detroit Steel is a very odd choice indeed. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a set that contains Howard the Duck next year! All kidding aside, this does make me excited for what else we might get. I really like that they are trying to branch out with more Marvel characters from the comics. I swear though, if we don't get a Daredevil minifig I'll be pretty upset. The 3 length lightsaber blades and the Black Panther ears make this the prime time for one. Moon Knight would also be great but that's probably a stretch. That Coulson set will likely be a must buy for me. I'd guess Detroit Steel will be brick built so it'll depend on the builds for him and Lola, not to mention the price of course.

Huh, Detroit Steel... never heard of him. Granted, I'm not a super hardcore comic fan, but I could have named at a few other Iron Man villains that could have come before Detroit Steel.

I mean, I'm pretty big Marvel fan, and I've never heard of Detroit Steel either. Seems like they only appeared in one pretty recent run, which makes them a really odd choice?

Not to doubt people's sources, but I'm having a lot of trouble believing that they're going THAT obscure. I have to assume maybe one of the cartoons is planning to feature them?

Also, putting down my bet on brick build. Making a mold for a big fig for a character that obscure seems even more unlikely.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a set that contains Howard the Duck next year!

I mean, that Donald Duck head mold is RIGHT there...

I haven't heard about Detroit until today and hearing this news makes me angry.I mean we're still haven't gotten Daredevil but we're getting a C-list bad guy??? :thumbdown:

I'd like to know who picks up those characters for the sets.

Edited by LOTR34

I haven't heard about Detroit until today and hearing this news makes me angry.I mean we're still haven't gotten Daredevil but we're getting a C-list bad guy??? :thumbdown:

At least we're getting new heroes and characters next year (Red Hulk, Coulson, She-Hulk, more you wouldn't wanna miss) and not another Red Skull.

Ever heard of picking names from a hat :wink:

I wouldn't mind if Detroit was a minifigure but it looks like he'll either be a big fig or brick build.And I ain't a fan of those.

Edited by LOTR34

I wouldn't mind if Detroit was minifigure or brick build.And I aint a fan of neither of them.

What if he's both? :laugh:

I personally love that we're getting Coulson, Lola, and lesser known characters. The set may end up being lackluster, but I'm definitely picking up the figures!

Wait for set names.

more you wouldn't wanna miss)

This has me excited for more news on the 2017 sets in the near future.

I think he might just mean how it looks in the game, it's a big-fig with pieces built on it.

Saw the pic from the last page.Still not a fan and I honestly doubt that this is how he'll look like in his physical form.

I wouldn't mind a smaller Hulkbuster styled build for Detroit Steel, maybe with Mixels ball joints.

His inclusion is most likely because of The Steelcorps' appearance in a season 3 episode of the Avengers Assemble TV show and the Lego game.

I wouldn't mind a smaller Hulkbuster styled build for Detroit Steel, maybe with Mixels ball joints.

His inclusion is most likely because of The Steelcorps' appearance in a season 3 episode of the Avengers Assemble TV show and the Lego game.

:thumbup: Is there a photo of Detroit Steel from that episode?