Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Conclusion

27842706205_0ae44e645b_c.jpg

To the surprise of no one, Amelto Inzerillo (mostlytechnic) was going to be lynched. We all saw it coming, even with how badly the host messed up - he was an ULTIMATIO. The last ULTIMATIO, in fact. In fact, I prolonged his life. You’re welcome. But despite our best interests, he was still about to die.

27766588881_ed7c4c1a25_c.jpg

The other five - Mike Johnson, Sr. (mediumsnowman), Casto Inzerillo (Rider Raider), Masharin Ivankov (Umbra-Manis), Godalupe Leyva (Khscarymovie4), and Alarcio Leyva (Forresto) were discussing who would kill Amelto. Each of them wanted to do it in their own special way, but before they could decide on anything, they heard a familiar voice.

27230529613_f0d8f43ecb_c.jpg

“I’ll do it.” Yea, that’s right. Adone Inzerillo (Actor Builder) was back. Armored up, wielding a giant weapon. It looked like the world wasn’t done with Adone, and had given him a superhuman body with which to destory his enemies. The five were surprised to see Adone, and they all agreed that it should be the once-dead Inzerillo who should kill Amelto. But it wasn’t just Amelto who he wanted - he wanted the man who had killed him. He wanted John McClane dead, too.

27230528343_93991333b3_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Amelto Inzerillo was quietly awaiting his fate, with John McClane innocently standing nearby the Ultimatio. Amelto had to be honest with himself - he’d seen this coming. After Hori Yamaguchi (Tariq j) and Frank Johnson (jluck) had died, it was him attempting to keep afloat among the vast outnumbering MAFIA members. But eventually he had to drown. It seemed like they would always find the bad guys. John McClane, meanwhile, was nervously pacing around the room, looking up nearly every second, expecting to see the others burst in - once Amelto was gone, his usefulness was, too. They would likely kill him, right by the dirty, scummy guilty man who sat next to him.

27230526953_93a71845b6_c.jpg

And burst in they did, with the zombified Adone leading the pack. John and Amelto both jumped - both at the outburst and at the fact that Adone somehow hadn’t died. “No death for you, Adone?” Amelto called out to his once-colleague. “Not from you, Amelto,” Adone replied, brandishing his weapon. “Time for your comeuppance.” Amelto chuckled at Adone’s seriousness in the clear ridiculousness of the entire situation. And then he decided to up the ante.

27842699695_89ea93c1d8_c.jpg

Quickly, he grabbed John McClane’s arm and pulled him out of the room, dashing as quickly as he could out of the room and out of the hotel, almost exactly mirroring another Mafia game’s Day 5. Down hallways, down stairs, out the doors into the bright New York city. John hadn’t totally registered what was going on, but he was still terrified.

27230524383_891c40802e_c.jpg

Once out of the hotel, John managed to calm down and confronted Amelto about what the hell was going on. Amelto opened his mouth, but a gunshot rang out from one of the windows of the hotel, and they both ducked in fright. “We’ll talk later, come on.”

27230522913_3c637d105b_c.jpg

They ran into a nearby bank to hide, where Amelto finally could talk to John. “I was...sent here. I needed to get you out of here. Had to fake a lot of stuff to get into that hotel room, but I just had to get the opportunity to escape with you.” John shook his sweaty head - “But why, Amelto?! What could I possibly have to do with the Mafia?” Amelto growled - “It’s not the Mafia, you idiot. This is way bigger than the Mafia. This is about the future!”

27230521723_73f6e9e18d_c.jpg

Another gunshot rang out, Mike Johnson, Sr. had followed them into the building and had shot at Amelto’s head, only narrowly missing, but managing to shoot his hat off. “Give it up, Amelto! It’s time for you to die….” Mike’s enthusiasm for Amelto’s death kind of faded out as he looked at Ametlo. Who had hair.

27230521243_05ed575413_c.jpg

And also elf ears. Somehow, inexplicably, mostlytechnic managed to play another elf. “Come on, John!” Amelto shouted, jolting everyone out of their elf ear induced trances.

27741273792_b63514a5a3_c.jpg

They rushed up the stairs to the roof, while Mike Johnson, Sr. stammered to the others, who had just come in, about Amelto and how he was an elf. “Elves aren’t American!” He shouted. “They’re not even on this planet! He’s an alien! Let’s kill him!” The others, being a town block, immediately agreed with him, and pulled weapons out of nowhere, except Adone, who already had a weapon, if you’ll remember.

27230587194_902440e715_c.jpg

On the roof, Amelto was typing into some device he had pulled out his breast pocket. “I’m not sure if I can boot it up in time, but if we get lucky, we can get out of here without being killed by those idiots.” John McClane, as confused by the plot as the rest of us, interrogated Amelto for answers. He simply held up his hand in reply. “There’s a guy called Jack, and he’s putting together a kind of...resistance. We’ve been looking through history, and we’ve found out about this little Mafia event, and decided that it’s best if we get you out of there - you’d be surprised at how relevant this kind of lynch/night action type situation is where I came from.” John took a step back. “But, I’m not important!” He protested. Ametlo sighed. “I don’t have time to give you the whole ‘you’re more important than you could possibly imagine’ speech, so just go with it, eh?” The device made a whoosh sound, and he smiled. “Looks like we can get out of here after all!”

27842694755_f6f7f9b6ee_c.jpg

At that moment, Adone burst in. Or burst...up? Since they went from a lower level to a higher level. Point is, it was time for a showdown. Except it wasn’t, because as cool as I could make it, I don’t really want to edit in all those effects and lens flares.

27842693655_4c5be7d0b9_c.jpg

Amelto just laughed, grabbed John, and waved good-bye to everyone else. “Maybe next time, Adone, eh?” And with that, they disappeared in a crappy burst of light that I did have time to edit in.

27564903520_4479bb8811_c.jpg

Everyone who was left simply stood there, in awe. Except Adone, who chuckled and took a step forward. “Amelto, you forget, old friend. Time has no meaning for an immortal man. We will meet again.”

27230516083_753fa710cd_c.jpg

And then, do that cut to black, basically ensuring that there’s gonna be a sequel.

So, there you go. The Convention. Not particularly anything exciting, just a nice little Mafia game to tide everyone over until the next big game. Good work, everyone. I had a lot of fun hosting, and I hope you all enjoyed playing.

Uhhh...Deadboard: http://123.writeboard.com/sean24o25y9nhliv1vspodca

Password is: Convention

If you want any other stuff, like night actions, just say so below.

Thanks for hosting JJP! It was certainly a fun, quick game. :sweet:

Great job fellow townies. :thumbup: I find it amusing my reasoning was incorrect in that town had both a tracker/rolecop but I got lucky and had investigated the right one. :laugh:

Were scum allowed to communicate? I didn't see a scumboard link. Or was it a group PM? :look:

Yay! Thanks for hosting a great game on such short notice JJP!

Now where's my victory Vodka?

Edit: Duke!!!

Edited by Umbra-Manis

Were scum allowed to communicate? I didn't see a scumboard link. Or was it a group PM? :look:

It was group PM on here.

Yay! I survived till the end in my first Mafia! But you said there would be no confusing plot...

Oh, and here's my role PM.

27156525825_05ec9bd7e1_c.jpg

Name: Casto Inzerillo Age: 21

Nationality: Italian

Personality: Haughty and flamboyant

Extra Notes: The son of Amelto, under training, and excessive about almost every aspect of his life.

Role: Is a Roleblocker, meaning that once a night, he can choose a target to stop their action.

Alignment: Part of the MAFIA. His job is to find the members of the ULTIMATIO and get rid of them before they kill everyone.26552006343_e0321e9386_z.jpg

Thanks for the fun times, and for the unexpected extra day I got to live, and for letting me survive for a sequel :)

I was optimistic with the scum team at the start, but once we had one caught the first night, I knew we were in trouble. And in retrospect, I'm sorta kicking myself for the vig claim. I was too worried about being rolecopped, and I should have risked it and not claimed. Oh well... it was fun.

I lived! I hope I return for a sequel. Great game, had lots of fun. Thanks for hosting JackJonespaw.

Edited by Khscarymovie4

Thanks for hosting JackJonespaw! The game was a lot of fun, and I'm glad to see that the town won :sweet: .

The mechanic of only being able to privately talk within your own family was interesting. Granted for me, it meant that I could only talk to one person who also happened to be an Ultimatio. I think it would be a neat idea for a larger game.

I agree, I liked the restricted PM idea. I think a NO pm game would be tough, but something where you have to slowly build a group would be cool. Or smaller groups like this was. There's lots of ways... but basically, something to keep the game from turning into a mostly-via-PM event.

Thanks for the fun times, and for the unexpected extra day I got to live, and for letting me survive for a sequel :)

I don't think I could actually ever kill your characters.

I agree, I liked the restricted PM idea. I think a NO pm game would be tough, but something where you have to slowly build a group would be cool. Or smaller groups like this was. There's lots of ways... but basically, something to keep the game from turning into a mostly-via-PM event.

Yea, when I came up with the idea, I was really hoping for a 20-something game, like Blacktron or Ragnarok. It didn't translate super well here.

I thought the PM system worked pretty well, but I was one of the lucky ones in the group of three, so perhaps that was part of it.

So if I were to start a list of past Mafia games I've played, like Mostlytechnic has, would I count this as a death or a live, or what? Something else entirely?

I thought the PM system worked pretty well, but I was one of the lucky ones in the group of three, so perhaps that was part of it.

So if I were to start a list of past Mafia games I've played, like Mostlytechnic has, would I count this as a death or a live, or what? Something else entirely?

Just say live

I used to list all my outcomes but it got to be too much so now I just put down my avatar. I think this was my 14th or so game. Me and MT both started the same time I believe.

Thanks for a fun game!

Thanks for the game JJP! I too, liked the PM system in the game.

My biggest mistake by far was not voting for jluck!

My biggest mistake was coming up with a cool new tactic to try. That almost got me lynched!

For the record...my idea worked.

This was a really fun game! Its the first game in real life or on here that ive actually won!

Sign in to follow this