Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

On 2/12/2024 at 6:43 PM, MisteryMan said:

Here's the direct APK link: Legacy App – support for Powered UP

It's on the support page: BuWizz support

Thanks!!!

I also found a bug in the updated up (didn't have such problem in the previous version). I'm driving a model with 2 bw3 units, gearbox, steering and differential control. The driving and the differential control work just fine. The gearbox and the steering have no problem for the calibration, but once I try to drive the model, those controls are dead. 

I re-made the setup and restarted midweek and app few times, but still the problem persist. Any idea?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by HectorMB

14 hours ago, HectorMB said:

Thanks!!!

I also found a bug in the updated up (didn't have such problem in the previous version). I'm driving a model with 2 bw3 units, gearbox, steering and differential control. The driving and the differential control work just fine. The gearbox and the steering have no problem for the calibration, but once I try to drive the model, those controls are dead. 

I re-made the setup and restarted midweek and app few times, but still the problem persist. Any idea?

Many thanks in advance!

I had this bug happen to me before the update, with the same set-up. You need to change the ports around. Sometimes the app is drunk.

14 hours ago, HectorMB said:

Thanks!!!

Many thanks in advance!

Did you put center steering and gearbox control in two different bw3? That maybe the reason(known bug). Try put them on the same bw3.

I tried many configurations already. I got one working but went south when found that I had to update the bw with the latest firmware. Now, I have another -known- issue that's that when I start driving, the steering turns abruptly and loses the center. The gearbox doesn't work at all. All despite correct calibration. 

Edited by HectorMB

On 2/13/2024 at 3:00 PM, dustblue said:

Encountered another big bug of the app:

Yesterday when playing the buwizz app, it suddenly forced quit(on iphone), after started it again, it wouldn't drive anymore. I can still calibrate servo but just cant drive anymore, even creat new profiles didn't work. 
When I drive it stays in connecting buwizz even when all buwizz 3 are solid green light:
Notice I have gauges in this layout but all disappeared, no matter in controller mode or phone mode.

9998a8335bc32401940380a31fc2bcb

Anyone encountered this? Do I have a choice other than reinstall the app(recreating all the profiles is pain in the megablocks, save profile and importing just desn't work properly)? @Zerobricks Sent support email yesterday no reply yet. Thought here maybe quicker, and you guys deserve to know this issue anyway.

Update: obviously no one has a clue including buwizz support. So I have to reinstall the app and make every profile again... 

So I got my Technic hub and installed the APK for the legacy app that says it supports Powered Up, but no dice; it doesn't detect the hub no matter how many times I hit refresh, while it will detect the BuWizz 2 right away. The Technic hub is picked up by the SBrick and LEGO PUP apps, so I'm a bit lost.

Is it possible to adjust any PU motor through the buwizz application to work exact as a Servo motor (90 degree turn to any side, return to center). IF return to center geature is ok, how aout 90 degree rotation?

Posted (edited)

Asking myself... didn't Fortronik gave us their vows for performing better in regard of software development and communications?!

Just asking as several month went by with the regular expected old behavior of them of just doing nothing?

This company is even worse than LEGO lol...

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

Hello,

I'm really struggling with servo calibration.

I have build a MOC (kind of racing prototype) using a PU Large motor for steering.

The MOC is powered by two Buwizz 3.0 as I use the 4 PF ports to power 4 buggy motors.

After having spent some time with the servo calibration failures (half turn and then nothing else) I eventually found out a working PU port.

Despite the calibration being successfully completed (+90, -90 then center).

I have two main issues:

- it seems I'm only able to use the steering if I connect the Xbox controller.

- Once I drive the MOC, the steering does not return to its zero position when I release the joystick. It only goes towards the center a little bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Can you post a photo of the model, especially the steering mechanism? Might be a mechanical issue with underdesigned steering mechanism.

I have indeed the same issue than @mudseason. Quite often, after calibration, wheels turn que violently and get stuck into that position. The calibration goes always fine, it's just before finishing it. 

If you use multiple buwizz, try to connect steering motor on buwizz which connected first. Mine is work well after that.