Forresto

LEGO Star Wars Pricing Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

$899! What country do you live in?! It equates to $499 Dollars where I live. :grin:

My currency to US currency is 1:1.3, but I generally my sets cost twice as much :hmpf_bad:

17 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I believe the micro fighters subject has not been touched yet:

Am I the only one having a beef with their pricing and their concept in general? A lot of small pieces, a single fig and a 10 USD price tag? For 3$ more you can buy a starter or battle pack with 3 more mini-figs, albeit shittier builds. 

Yeah I thought the same thing before. An extra $3 equals 3 figures? Seems a bit weird. Some microfighters seems decent like The Ghost which has a decent minifig, but sets like Krennic's shuttle have just an officer which is a bit sad. If the micro fighters go down to $7 it's a decent buy. 

Edited by FishW

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

75159 is $899 where I live :angry:

It is 88,910 Yen where I live or about 900USD >< I think our general region is just loathed by LEGO distribution ; ;

On 1/11/2017 at 0:23 PM, RetroInferno said:

Don't worry you guys ( Oceania and Asia ) are gonna have some real nice chinese made Lego soon :(

Sounds good! High quality, as usual I guess? :sarcasm_hmpf:

Edited by VaderFan2187

Well it depends. I don't want to just assume if its made in China that its bad because in reality there are a growing number of products from Chinese manufactures that are good quality. However Lego has a crazy pattern of parts produced there. The collectible minifigures are typically pretty good and the dual molding is brilliant however there is a slight difference in the plastic texture and printing occasionally. On polybags printing is notoriously bad. 

But i'm not familiar with what the quality of a full lineup consisting of every theme would be. 

Having been used to the British pricing of Lego and then seeing how the currency was strong against the dollar, which made buying in the US kind of cheaper, I'm in the position now where I'm able to buy from the US or the uk, and I find that at least on amazon, the uk site has a lot more sales, whereas the US site has less but when they do they're generally pretty worth it. They also have sales on some ucs sets (ucs tie as most recent), UK amazon practically never do. The actual TLG pricing for us sets seems quite expensive if I were to live in the US with US average wages and health insurance to pay etc, but even with the drop in value of the £, pricing in the uk still seems reasonably good. 

I just find it odd :o

After currency conversions the Death Star price where I live is $700.

So should I save $200 when I travel to US by bringing back a huge LEGO box, or just pay the $200?

6 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

After currency conversions the Death Star price where I live is $700.

So should I save $200 when I travel to US by bringing back a huge LEGO box, or just pay the $200?

I wouldn't travel to the US just to pick up a Death Star, but if you are going there anyway why not? Do not forget how expensive it is to carry extra weight on an aircraft, it might work out cheaper just paying the extra $200 in the end!

1 minute ago, Ellisss_2 said:

I wouldn't travel to the US just to pick up a Death Star, but if you are going there anyway why not? Do not forget how expensive it is to carry extra weight on an aircraft, it might work out cheaper just paying the extra $200 in the end!

Yeah I will be traveling to US in a couple of years... but I think it'd just pay the extra $200. I'd probably be carrying too many things anyway :P

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah I will be traveling to US in a couple of years... but I think it'd just pay the extra $200. I'd probably be carrying too many things anyway :P

Fair enough, I definitely would not wait two years to pick one up, you would have to have the patience of a God!

I stripped some data from reddit of a guy who bought the winter sets from Toys R Us, please note that Toys r Us has the tendency of selling some items above MSRP ( ''cough'' 150$ Krennic Shuttle ''cough'' ). Anyway here's the list in US dollars.

- Battle on Scariff: 49,99. 

- A-wing: 42.99.

- Duel on Naboo 24,99. 

- Phantom 2.0 29.99.

- Both BPs at 14.99. 

Interesting! As long as Scariff isn't $60.

Here is a link to a few of the sets that Lego has put a price on.

http://search-en.lego.com/?S1=&cc=US&i=1&pt=shop&q=Star+wars&q1=Coming+Soon&rank=rankUS&x1=availability

Phantom 2 is $30

Y-wing is $60

Yoda's star fighter and Duel of fates are both $25.

I love the y-wing price! It seems great considering it has a few exclusive minifigs. The Phantom 2 is at a good price too. Duel of fates is pretty solid, but yoda's star fighter leaves a little to be desired for the price imo. Overall I'm really happy so far they all seem really well priced, so far at least!

On 1/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

I wouldn't travel to the US just to pick up a Death Star

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh so hard.  :laugh:

11 hours ago, FishW said:

I love the y-wing price! It seems great considering it has a few exclusive minifigs. 

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Y-Wing price seems to be surprisingly good in most regions!  And I'm sure Amazon.com and other places will eventually have a sale on it, but even at $60, it's a bargain based on standard LEGO pricing (Price/Piece, Minifigures, unique parts, size of build, etc.).  It seems like a phenomenal set, and I really have no idea why they would price it so (relatively) low in the United States.  Then again, I also have no idea why they used the exact same pilot as 75155...

Maybe they're testing price points with the new Y-Wing; to see if they can make up profits through volume with increased sales.

If Lego.com is going to sell the battle packs for $15 then I hope walmart will stay at $12.99 though I have my doubts.

4 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

If Lego.com is going to sell the battle packs for $15 then I hope walmart will stay at $12.99 though I have my doubts.

Yeah really...... that is a big disappointment. I guess it makes a bit of sense. Especially with a bounty hunter pack featuring new molds and all. But this wave I'm a little meh on. I'm doubtful they'd change it now though...... now I'll probably wait till they go on sale for a bit off. Good news landspeeder is only a very affordable $20. Scariff at $50 is better than $60 for sure though. Just man those battle pack prices are just :thumbdown:

Battle packs still at $23 here in Aus. Naboo/Yoda's fighter are $45, Landspeeder is $50, Phantom is $60, Skiff is $70, A-wing is $80, Scariff is $90 and Y wing is $110. The y wing is decent seeing that the tfa x-wings were $130/$140, but the rest are insane.

US and CAD can be found on the Lego website.
BP are now 1$ more.  The skiff is super expensive at 40$. Last one was 30$.
At least Scariff set looks like a good deal at 64.99$. 10$ less than Takodana with the same number of pieces.
Also the website says available February 17 instead of March 1. I wonder why they changed it (not complaining haha)

10 hours ago, duboismerci said:

US and CAD can be found on the Lego website.
BP are now 1$ more.  The skiff is super expensive at 40$. Last one was 30$.
At least Scariff set looks like a good deal at 64.99$. 10$ less than Takodana with the same number of pieces.
Also the website says available February 17 instead of March 1. I wonder why they changed it (not complaining haha)

Yea, it says Feb 17th which is good I guess. The sooner they get out there, the sooner they go on sale. With USD prices I feel everything is fair except for the battlepacks and the a-wing, which just seems a little high for me. Maybe with the battlepacks since they raised prices the least they could do would be to give us a set of actual blasters for those that don't like stud shooters. I mean I get inflation and all, but I think if they raise it 15% then they could at least add 4 extra pieces. When compared to microfighters though for just 3 dollars more you could get 3 more minifigs, and just take a slight hit on build quality. So either microfighters were to expensive or battle packs were to cheap. It appears they thought the latter.

12 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

A-wing and phantom 2.0 takes the cake as far as bad pricing goes. I'll just bricklink Thrawn.

I guess I don't find the phantom to be too much overprices because we knew for some time it would be 40$. But the skiff at 40$ is out of nowhere. But it's true that the A-wing is 20$ more than the last one from 2013.

3 hours ago, FishW said:

Yea, it says Feb 17th which is good I guess. The sooner they get out there, the sooner they go on sale. With USD prices I feel everything is fair except for the battlepacks and the a-wing, which just seems a little high for me. Maybe with the battlepacks since they raised prices the least they could do would be to give us a set of actual blasters for those that don't like stud shooters. I mean I get inflation and all, but I think if they raise it 15% then they could at least add 4 extra pieces. When compared to microfighters though for just 3 dollars more you could get 3 more minifigs, and just take a slight hit on build quality. So either microfighters were to expensive or battle packs were to cheap. It appears they thought the latter.

Yes microfighter and BP are also overpriced in the USA but you guys get pretty good sales from Wal-Mart and Amazon a couple months after release. I have no fear you will soon find them for less than 11$ (BP) and less than 7$ (microfighter). And I also wish they would include standard blaster in BP.

Increasing the battle pack price is unfortunate but I bet Lego is assuming that they will make more since its relatively cheap. Its a reasonably priced set a parent might buy if their kid begs them for a lego set in the aisle. They need to be careful though, if they increase the price too much then the often sub par or non canon vehicle builds of the BP will turn off people from the BPs.