Following his induction into the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy, Alberto Antonio da Pontelli was invited to present and demonstrate his findings in Elysabethtown.

So he jumped on board the next ship and arrived a few days later to be greeted according to his position as Mayor of Pontelli:

27420286576_d3af9f2a63_c.jpg

Alberto was accompanied by his wife, who brought the cat, George da Pontelli and Colonel Brickinson.

26845405324_d6efee8e10_c.jpg

He was received by Elysabeth of Dondril.

26847271263_a0326f2f52_c.jpg

A few days later, Alberto traveled on to meet with Hawksbrugh in Port Raleigh:

27454616215_694ea4fbcb_z.jpg

They met in the famous tavern "Three Cannon Balls".

27420313866_69512f9296_c.jpg

Alberto was once again joined by George da Pontelli (or was it the other way round?).

27178180650_a1c441354e_z.jpg

Innkeeper Burbutter's beer is said to be of highest quality.

27420309036_91089891bc_z.jpg

C&C Welcome

Larger and probably better pictures on flickr.

(You will need to scroll down)

I really appreciate the fact that you put a LEGO built background with sky and clouds on a lot of your builds! Nicely done!

Elysabeth is honoured with such an amazing visitor!

And I really like the build, both of them!

Nice build !

I am happy to see Alberto in our bright town ! Too bad that Lady Elysabeth did not brought some cider to him...

But I would be worry about the Oleon spy !

We can see KB in both places... Maybe Oleon wants to steal Alberto's invention !

I like the tavern with all the details you put ! And that's good fountain design with a nice statue you made for Elysabethtown.

Great job !

I really appreciate the fact that you put a LEGO built background with sky and clouds on a lot of your builds! Nicely done!

Thanks - I like that blue sky.

Elysabeth is honoured with such an amazing visitor!

And I really like the build, both of them!

... in any case he is a good-humoured visitor.

Nice build !

I am happy to see Alberto in our bright town ! Too bad that Lady Elysabeth did not brought some cider to him...

But I would be worry about the Oleon spy !

We can see KB in both places... Maybe Oleon wants to steal Alberto's invention !

I like the tavern with all the details you put ! And that's good fountain design with a nice statue you made for Elysabethtown.

Great job !

You're right, there could be a spy. pirate_cry4.gif

It is actually a coincidence as there was a considerable time lag between both scenes - and I just put KB in my MOCs from time to time.

I hope he means no harm...

pirate_laugh2.gif

A couple of very nice builds, Captain B, I'm glad to see that the Mayor George Alberto da Pontelli is getting to meet some of the other rather famous figures in Nova Terra - and it's always great to see lots of sig-figs in people's builds (there's KB too, I see! pirate_laugh_new.gif) The interior scene is particularly excellent, great idea with the animals and ship things on the walls, and the chandelier and roasting pig are very nice as well! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

A couple of very nice builds, Captain B, I'm glad to see that the Mayor George Alberto da Pontelli is getting to meet some of the other rather famous figures in Nova Terra - and it's always great to see lots of sig-figs in people's builds (there's KB too, I see! pirate_laugh_new.gif) The interior scene is particularly excellent, great idea with the animals and ship things on the walls, and the chandelier and roasting pig are very nice as well! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

Thanks - does this mean that I should include your character as well?

The chandelier was a bit difficult as the thing kept moving/oscillating for a long time, whenever the MOC was touched or moved....

Anyway, it was time for such a build. The invitations had gone out some time back.

pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks - does this mean that I should include your character as well?

The chandelier was a bit difficult as the thing kept moving/oscillating for a long time, whenever the MOC was touched or moved....

Ha, ha, if you want to go right ahead! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif And yes, oscillating parts of builds can be a big pain! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

To Alberto Da Pontelli

Dated this 19th day of July in the 616th year After Empire

My dear Alberto,

How splendid it was to meet you at last here in Port Raleigh. I was sorry not to meet your wife, although I did enjoy meeting your simian companion. He is assuredly more intelligent, and better looking, than many of the Oleanders I met during my years of imprisonment! You were lucky to find me at home, the very next day I departed for a six week sojourn in Corrington, hence the delay in writing this letter.

It was so stimulating to have the opportunity to discuss our scientific endeavours in person, the written word can be so limiting. Sadly I must tell you that my efforts to fly the 'sky boat' I showed you on your visit have failed. I got the craft airborne on several occassions but was unable to steer it. On the final occasion the phlogishpere was caught by the wind and crashed into the sea, Mr. Janzsen was on board at the the time and barely escaped with his life! Lady Norrington insisted I decease from my experiments, before someone deceases from my experiments, if you see what I mean. She is a most persuasive woman, and very fond of dear Mr Janzsen. I suspect that after the explosive results of your own experiments you too will turn your attention to other matters. After all, as a wise man has said, if the Gods had meant us to fly they would surely have given us wings! Nevertheless, I confess myself a little disappointed with this outcome.

After settling my business affairs in Corrington (very satisfactorily I may say, I find myself with an unprecedented 400 doubloons in my purse), my thoughts are turning once again to the business of architecture rather than science, creating 'big fine houses' as I like to say. I have received two offers, one from the ETTC and one from Mr Janszen, i am currently carefully considering them. Both are on distant islands so most likely I will be travelling again soon, I hope I will be able to visit you at Pontelli en route.

Following the Eslandolan custom, please warmly embrace your wife, Colonel Brickinson, and of course George, on my behalf.

Your very affectionate friend and sometime scientific collaborator, John

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

To John Hawksbrugh

t'was great meeting you and I am happy to read that you have turned rich.

I have currently stopped my phlogiston experiments as I have discovered the skeleton of a unicorn which I am studying now.

And I will not embrace Colonel Brickinson. He is looking so grim, even grimmer these days. Must be the grimmest colonel I have ever seen.

Seen, not hugged.

Your friend

Alberto da Pontelli

and George

Great looking ex- and interior scenes, and good to see that the Society is being represented out and about! Keep up the good work in the name of science!