Not sure if Jaws would be kid friendly to LEGO...

Probably not, but even so I was more suggesting what I went to happen as oppose to what I realistically think could happen when I listed the James Bond sets.

Edited by Tariq j

Probably not, but even so I was more suggesting what I went to happen as oppose to what I realistically think could happen when I listed the James Bond sets.

I think James Bond could be possible (maybe in a similar vein to the Doctor Who level pack, where you have a Daniel Craig minifigure and you can play as every James Bond so far). Definitely not Jaws though.

I'd love to see a Dimensions Team Pack with Korra and Asami. Considering each character has three abilities, you could give Asami the fix-it ability, the electricity ability, and the technology ability. Korra would could probably use the target ability while utilizing the elements, but it'd be interesting see what the character could do. Some of the vehicles could be Asami's car and perhaps an Equalist mech or even an Earth Empire mech? I mean, there's a lot in the license to work off of. I don't see an issue getting it either, seeing how Korra's still relevant and still being talked about, and the license isn't being used by another company. I know I'd buy it in a heart beat. :wub:

Edited by Kintobor

Nintendo team-level pack?

Could be Mario and Link, or Mario and Samus. Mario can have his kart, obviously, and Samus can have her ship.

The Kart can rebuild into a motorbike, and a mechsuit (unless Mario has another vehicle I don't know about). Samus' can rebuild into, I have no idea (I don't know Metroid).

If it's Link, he comes with a new Master Sword mold, and whatever vehicles he has had over the years. The link is either the Super Smash Bros 4 version, or Twilight Princess.

The level pack is a level from the Subspace Emissary area. Master Hand is the main boss, but along the way, you fight Ganon (big-fig), Bowser (big-fig), and Ridley (brick built). The level will explore different Nintendo continents.

The hub world will be all the Nintendo games mashed together, instead of continents. It will be beautiful!

You could also do side missions with other characters, Like beat up bad guys with Lucina or Marth, race Shy Guy, help Luigi fight ghosts, etc.

Edited by gamejutzu

Some great ideas on here. Would love Aliens and Jaws but not gonna happen.

I wonder though if Flash Gordon and The Goonies are a possibility though?

Think MIB and Gremlins are strong shouts though.

If it's Link, he comes with a new Master Sword mold, and whatever vehicles he has had over the years. The link is either the Super Smash Bros 4 version, or Twilight Princess.

The Smash 4 version is the Twilight Princess version. :tongue:

Nintendo partnering with Lego would be a dream. My ideas for Nintendo in Dimensions: (keeping with the licenses that Nintendo fully owns, so no Pokemon, Kirby, Earthbound etc.)

Team Pack: Link and Zelda. New molds would be Zelda's hair, Link's hat/hair, the Hylian Shield, and the Master Sword. It would also come with a mini brick built Loftwing and Epona.

Fun Pack: Ganondorf. It's Ganondorf. With some vehicle. Nuff said.

Level Pack: Mario. Unlocks a Mario themed level. Mario's mustache and hat would be new molds. Would come with his kart (can be rebuilt to fly and go underwater like in Mario Kart 7) and a ? Block, which would throw out powerups that the characters could use.

Fun Pack: Luigi. Pretty much plays like Mario, with the Poltergust 4000 kart from Mario Kart DS as his vehicle.

Team Pack: Bowser and Bowser Jr. This would probably require new molds for Bowser and Bowser Jr. It would come with a Clown Car and a Bowser's airship.

Fun Pack: Peach. New mold for hair. She would come with her motorcycle.

Fun Pack: Samus. There would be a new mold for her helmet and her gun arm. She would come with her ship.

Fun Pack: Captain Falcon. New mold for helmet. He would come with the Blue Falcon.

Team Pack: Fox and Falco. New molds for both heads. They would come with an Arwing and a Landmaster.

Level Pack: Olimar. New mold for the head. Accessories would be the Pikmin (also new molds) and his ship, the Dolphin. The level would be based around him crash landing in a Lego fan's room, in homage to the Pikmin games and The Lego Movie. (and Toy Story.)

Fun Pack: K.K. Slider. He would have a new head mold. Accessory would be his DJ stand redone as a car.

Most of these are impossible due to the high number of new molds, but this is a wish list after all. :wink: EDIT: changed some accessories to vehicles

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

The Smash 4 version is the Twilight Princess version. :tongue:

The smash 4 version is not a carbon copy of the Twilight princess one. There are some differences. It's the same Link, but a slightly different outfit.

Team Pack: Link and Zelda. New molds would be Zelda's hair, Link's hat/hair, the Hylian Shield, and the Master Sword. It would also come with a mini brick built Loftwing and Epona.

Fun Pack: Ganondorf. It's Ganondorf. With some accessory. Nuff said.

Team Pack: Bowser and Bowser Jr. This would probably require new molds for Bowser and Bowser Jr. It would come with a Clown Car and a Bullet Bill launcher.

I kind of wanted Link and Impa to team up :(

Bowser and Ganondorf will obviously be big figs. Lego dimension packs do not make those.

No Rocky?

Level pack:

Minifigure: Rocky Balboa

Builds: Mini-boxing ring, his car (i don't know what kind it is so)

This will play through the events from the first three films (nobody wants that disgrace 4th film)

Fun packs: Apollo Creed with a punching bag

Mickey Goldmill with a chicken :tongue:

Team packs: Adrian and Paulie (I don't know any accessories)

Here's one I don't think I've seen, going robust with abilities on this one:

Level pack: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Character: Charlie Bucket (physical accessory: printed tile: peeled back wrapper, golden ticketed chocolate bar)

- abilities: factory access, ???

Mini-build: Candy Machine

- abilities: produces and dispenses ability candy (like Harry Potter spells mechanic, or Lego Batman 3 suits mechanic), cycles through special powers based on film, to unlock while moving through level:

- (Can't think of a representative candy for this but based on: ) (Augustus Gloop): eat scenery to gain smash power (like chi up)

- 3-course chewing gum (Violet Beauregard): become a blueberry ball (operate as gyrosphere)

- Wonkavision irradiated wonka bar (Mike Teavee): shrink (like scale keystone, atom, wasp, or ant man)

- Fizzy lifting drink: float up, burp down

- Lickable wallpaper: power ???

- Everlasting gobstopper: power ???

Mini-build: Glass Elevator

- abilities: flight, travel to new factory areas (basically functionally identical to tardis)

Fun pack: Oompa Loompa

- abilities: sonar smash (singing), acrobatic, short character hatches, tech panels, master build; visual when building: dancing Oompa Loompas obstruct view of build, disperse when done

Mini-build: rideable golden goose

- Abilities: rideable, golden egg bomb

Fun pack: Wonka

- abilities: throws chocolate bars, rainbow (unikitty) brick smash & build, acrobatic, pole vault, factory access, chocolate constructs

Mini-build: chocolate river boat

Fun pack: Slugworth

- abilities: X-ray goggles, stealth (obvious disguise as Oompa Loompa), licorice throw

Fun pack: Grandpa Joe

Mini-build: bedmobile :P

The issue is that Charlie is not at all exciting as a video game playable character, Wonka would be the ideal candidate for a level pack, but running through movie story like the other movie themed level packs, Charlie would have to be the playable protagonist.

But maybe without a level, just a chocolate factory world, with Wonka, the Oompa Loompa, and cut it down to the chocolate river boat and the candy dispenser.

Plenty of enthusiastic Gene Wilder sound bytes could work at least as well as the clunky dialogue stealing for like, Gimli.

Yes, I know we're just pitching for fun and no-one sees this ;)

Am I alone in thinking this would be cool?

How about some LEGO retro themed packs and game content? Lego Classics City, Lego Classics Castle & Lego Classics Space? The in-game content could include actual sets from 80's & 90's.

The only other franchise that I would love to have in the game would be

Thunderbirds (1965)

Level pack name "An International Rescue adventure"

comes with Scott Tracy, Thunderbird 1 and the International Rescue portable command unit

Level could be based off any classic thunderbirds episode.

Team pack

Comes with Alan Tracy with Thunderbird 3 and Gordon Tracy with Thunderbird 4.

Fun packs

Virgil Tracy with Thunderbird 2

Lady Penelope with FAB1 (could have flying mode and hovercraft mode)

and if wanted a John Tracy fun pack with Thunderbird 5

Adventure world

Tracy Island with an underwater area for Thunderbird 4 or other water vehicles, be able to go into all the thunderbird craft hangers and activate their transformations e.g. opening pool and Thunderbird 2's runway.

Quest could come from a range of characters including Parker, Brains, Tin Tin, kyrano, Jeff Tracy and Grandma Tracy.

As may have been discussed already, it seems as though a lot of Cuuso/Ideas projects have ended up in Dimensions. What other popular Ideas projects do you think could get used? I'm hoping maybe for Legend of Zelda or Nintendo.

The X-Files Level Pack with Mulder (holding flashlight & FBI card), Mulder's office desk & an UFO, and the X-Files Fun Pack with Scully (holding flashlight & FBI card) and an alien.

As may have been discussed already, it seems as though a lot of Cuuso/Ideas projects have ended up in Dimensions. What other popular Ideas projects do you think could get used? I'm hoping maybe for Legend of Zelda or Nintendo.

I don't think Nintendo packs are that likely, just because they would be faced with the choice of making the figures work on non-Nintendo systems (which Nintendo probably wouldn't like) or making them ONLY work on Nintendo systems (which WB, Lego, and possibly even retailers wouldn't like). Nintendo did have exclusive toys-to-life figures in a multiplatform game with Skylanders SuperChargers, and the figures only worked on Nintendo systems, but in that case they only included the exclusive figures with starter packs to help avoid confusion from consumers. Since Dimensions already has starter packs for all systems, and those are unlikely to change in the years ahead given statements by Lego and WB Games, they can't pull off the same trick for it.

Of other Ideas projects that made it to 10,000 but failed to pass review, the only new franchise that seems like a good brand fit and does not have complications like with Nintendo or Disney properties is Adventure Time, and we're allegedly getting packs of that in the coming year. One that didn't reach 10,000 but which I think would be a fantastic fit for Dimensions is The Legend of Korra, but the chances of that are debatable considering Lego currently doesn't have any licensing arrangements with Nickelodeon.

I don't think Nintendo packs are that likely, just because they would be faced with the choice of making the figures work on non-Nintendo systems (which Nintendo probably wouldn't like) or making them ONLY work on Nintendo systems (which WB, Lego, and possibly even retailers wouldn't like). Nintendo did have exclusive toys-to-life figures in a multiplatform game with Skylanders SuperChargers, and the figures only worked on Nintendo systems, but in that case they only included the exclusive figures with starter packs to help avoid confusion from consumers. Since Dimensions already has starter packs for all systems, and those are unlikely to change in the years ahead given statements by Lego and WB Games, they can't pull off the same trick for it.

Of other Ideas projects that made it to 10,000 but failed to pass review, the only new franchise that seems like a good brand fit and does not have complications like with Nintendo or Disney properties is Adventure Time, and we're allegedly getting packs of that in the coming year. One that didn't reach 10,000 but which I think would be a fantastic fit for Dimensions is The Legend of Korra, but the chances of that are debatable considering Lego currently doesn't have any licensing arrangements with Nickelodeon.

Though they did have a few sets for Avatar the Last Airbender for a brief period but I have no idea how those went in terms of sales. And I'm just picturing a minifigure version of Finn and possibly Jake along with Princess Bubblegum and Marceline cuz those are the ones that are coming to mind with me.

Though they did have a few sets for Avatar the Last Airbender for a brief period but I have no idea how those went in terms of sales. And I'm just picturing a minifigure version of Finn and possibly Jake along with Princess Bubblegum and Marceline cuz those are the ones that are coming to mind with me.

I don't think the Avatar sets sold all that well, considering no others were released after the first wave (unlike Spongebob, which continued for many years). And to be honest, I'm not surprised—the sets and figs were not the best, and it released early in the series before it had necessarily become quite the hit it was during Books 2 and 3. I myself was not even a fan when those sets released—it was only after catching some Book 2 episodes on TV that I really got a feel for how special that series was.

Of course, the poor sales for the old Avatar sets are not necessarily a good reason not to consider it for Dimensions—like some of the failed Ideas projects that have found their way into Dimensions, the minifigure-centric Dimensions packs could offer older, short-lived licensed themes a new lease on life. I think the bigger issues would be a lack of current media (Avatar and The Legend of Korra have both concluded, and apart from the graphic novels there's no new media on the horizon), and the big unknown that is the licensing arrangement between Lego, WB, and Nickelodeon. Also, Avatar's elemental martial arts fantasy traits might be deemed too similar to Ninjago, which is already well-represented in Dimensions.

Speaking of failed themes, I wonder if a Speed Racer pack might be a possibility. I don't think things based on the movie would necessarily be realistic, but the original TV series hits a lot of the same nostalgia buttons as other franchises like Ghostbusters, Scooby-Doo, and Back to the Future, and they could do interesting things with an adventure world or even a story level if they put a heavier emphasis on racing-based gameplay. Just a thought.

Edited by Lyichir

I don't think the Avatar sets sold all that well, considering no others were released after the first wave (unlike Spongebob, which continued for many years). And to be honest, I'm not surprised—the sets and figs were not the best, and it released early in the series before it had necessarily become quite the hit it was during Books 2 and 3. I myself was not even a fan when those sets released—it was only after catching some Book 2 episodes on TV that I really got a feel for how special that series was.

Of course, the poor sales for the old Avatar sets are not necessarily a good reason not to consider it for Dimensions—like some of the failed Ideas projects that have found their way into Dimensions, the minifigure-centric Dimensions packs could offer older, short-lived licensed themes a new lease on life. I think the bigger issues would be a lack of current media (Avatar and The Legend of Korra have both concluded, and apart from the graphic novels there's no new media on the horizon), and the big unknown that is the licensing arrangement between Lego, WB, and Nickelodeon. Also, Avatar's elemental martial arts fantasy traits might be deemed too similar to Ninjago, which is already well-represented in Dimensions.

Speaking of failed themes, I wonder if a Speed Racer pack might be a possibility. I don't think things based on the movie would necessarily be realistic, but the original TV series hits a lot of the same nostalgia buttons as other franchises like Ghostbusters, Scooby-Doo, and Back to the Future, and they could do interesting things with an adventure world or even a story level if they put a heavier emphasis on racing-based gameplay. Just a thought.

Oh god picturing a typical conversation between Speed Racer and Batman: "So what do you do exactly? And why do you look so freaky? I am a racer I must beat all the other racers in order to win, ha ha! And I can defiantly beat the batmobile anytime any day, Batman! Excellent ha ha!"

My personal favourite -by far- would be 'THE GOONIES'!

You can't have 'Back to the Future' and 'Ghostbusters' in there without having 'The Goonies', right?!... I mean, c'mon!! :)

I can see it now... A level pack with a Mikey (Sean Astin) minifigure and his trusty BMX bike as a buildable vehicle.

Just have to come up with a second vehicle... Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm sure Sean Astin would be more than willing to do the voice for the Goonies level in the video game. He's doing quite a lot of voice acting these days...

Plus- he's already in LEGO Dimensions as Samwise Gamgee!

Video game levels could include the Goonies house, the Lighthouse Lounge (The Fratelli's restaurant), underground tunnels, the booby-trapped caves and the climax on One-eyed Willie's pirate ship.

Can you guys picture it?

Oh, wait a minute... why can't Sloth himself be the second 'vehicle'?! He could carry your minifigure around or you could climb on his back...

See?! All perfectly LEGO-able.

A match made in heaven.

:D

PS: I sure hope LEGO's reading our posts...

PS2: Please also do Gremlins. You can't have Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and The Goonies without Gremlins, right? Right?!

Gravity Falls packs!

Level Pack

Dipper

-Illuminate

-Tech Panels

Golf Cart

Can't think of another mini build, but they'd come up with something, right?

Team Pack

Ford

-Tech

-Hacking

-Silver Lego Blowup

Bill

-Suspend Ghosts (but no trap)

-Gold Lego Blowup

-Mind Control

-Big Transform

Once again, drawing a blank on minibuilds. :cry_sad:

Fun Packs

Mabel

-Grapple

-Rainbow Brick Smash

-Drone Access with Waddles

Minibuild?

Stan

-Hacking

-X-ray

Stanleymobile (his station wagon, rebuilds into a jet?)

The Adventure world would be awesome. There could be a time travel switch to visit Globna and Blendins dystopian future. :tongue: The only real problem is the mini builds are either non-existent or lame and Gravity Falls probably doesn't have enough of a fanbase to sell the packs consistently. Also the license belongs to Disney. In an ideal world, these would also be accompanied by a Mystery Shack Ideas set. :cry_happy:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Bill

-Suspend Ghosts (but no trap)

-Gold Lego Blowup

-Mind Control

-Big Transform

LEGO would never make a Bill fun pack.

And you know exactly why.